• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Removed my signature when I am not SELLING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
I was simply showing off my real map.
I said, "check out my latest real map, with a screen shot."

1. I have no vapus.net threads.
2. I never had the word "buy/sell/trade" in my signature.

This is not selling. I re-added it.

Last edited:
Well, I think Talaturen marked "real map" as illigal because of copyright issues, I basicly believe that means any real map or real map related stuff.

I was simply showing off my real map.
I said, "check out my latest real map, with a screen shot."

1. I have no vapus.net threads.
2. I never had the word "buy/sell/trade" in my signature.

This is not selling. I re-added it.

Buy, sell, or trade anything here in the Vapus store created for open tibia.
update.gif
Check out my latest real map here. All updates included @ only 94mb's!
Really ?

If it's not selling, then why don't you upload it for us ? If you don't want, then just don't boast about it.

Really ?

If it's not selling, then why don't you upload it for us ? If you don't want, then just don't boast about it.

All people uploads picture in otland and post it
even rl tibia maps
Also if sites means you can get the map
I assume you,you can get the map by pressing right click on any normal map

The moderator did the right thing, you are risking a warning or infraction by re-adding it before understanding why it was removed. You are linking to VAPus store which supports selling of copyrighted material. We don't allow that on OtLand, and our rules say that you aren't allowed to link to websites that contain content that we don't allow on OtLand. See rule #4 about Advertising.

The moderator did the right thing, you are risking a warning or infraction by re-adding it before understanding why it was removed. You are linking to VAPus store which supports selling of copyrighted material. We don't allow that on OtLand, and our rules say that you aren't allowed to link to websites that contain content that we don't allow on OtLand. See rule #4 about Advertising.

Okay I understand, my signature has been completely erased. Apologies for the misunderstanding, no need to infract me...

Really ?

It's not for sale, only showing it off for my upcoming real map project. Which now I am 50/50 on doing, because working alone is quite difficult. You may think, why work alone? Make a Job thread? Well here is your answer, because my project is "copyrighted" all of my threads become removed. I don't appreciate the new rules because they ruin my plans, but rules are rules...whatever right?

It's not for sale, only showing it off for my upcoming real map project. Which now I am 50/50 on doing, because working alone is quite difficult. You may think, why work alone? Make a Job thread? Well here is your answer, because my project is "copyrighted" all of my threads become removed. I don't appreciate the new rules because they ruin my plans, but rules are rules...whatever right?

Ok then. But writing "buy, sell, trade" and right after this "check out my new map" strongly suggests that you want to sell it, even if you don't. That is it all about.

Stian also has VAPus store in his signature, why don't you remove his?

Stian also has VAPus store in his signature, why don't you remove his?

I've removed it from his signature now, there is no exception for any user. No one is allowed to link to websites that contain content that we don't allow on OtLand, you can use the report feature in the future instead of bumping this thread though.

So, only VAPus posts on copyrighted material is illegal?
Meaning, we can still use VAPus to advertise non-copyrighted materials?

"No one is allowed to link to websites that contain content that we don't allow on OtLand, "

As long as you link to a page that doesn't contain content we don't allow on OtLand, it's ok. You are allowed to link to copyrighted material - we don't have rules against that. The rule we have is against selling/buying copyrighted material (unless you are the copyright holder, obivously), so linking to VAPus store frontpage is illegal because it contains links to buy CipSoft's Tibia map, linking to a store item that is about selling CipSoft's Tibia map is illegal too.

Why is it people find it so hard to understand that Tala doesn't want his forum associated with and/or harboring copyright violations, and especially properties of CipSoft? It's like the same kind of people that ask for ROMs at an emulator's homepage forum. Wise up or GTFO?

I just think that people got confussed over the rules and how they worked after the real map rules got in effect. I've gotten several questions about it, and I've even misstolken them myself.

As long as you link to a page that doesn't contain content we don't allow on OtLand, it's ok. You are allowed to link to copyrighted material - we don't have rules against that. The rule we have is against selling/buying copyrighted material (unless you are the copyright holder, obivously), so linking to VAPus store frontpage is illegal because it contains links to buy CipSoft's Tibia map, linking to a store item that is about selling CipSoft's Tibia map is illegal too.

So all links to vapus is illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back