• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Donation Points & Resets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Here is a small explanation to how our donation point resets work.

When Cyntara resets, all accounts are left inside the database. Cyntara accounts from day 1 are still in our current databases. These have never been cleared.
Back in the day, donation items were given to players by GMs (Red/Blue). These players, up to a certain date must contact customer support ([email protected]) if they wish to receive their points back, included their account number, and their PayPal E-mail.

Some players are concerned that they are not receiving the amount of points back that they originally donated for.
This, to my own explanation, is a complete farce. Let me explain how the donation system works, behind the scenes.

1. You are directed to the PayPal donation page. On this page, you provide your account number, and press "Donate" - When you do this, a record is added to our accounts including your PayPal E-mail, the account number you input, and the amount donated. Here, we see a complete transaction, and can link it back to your account. If you do not enter your account number, you do not receive points, because the system does not know what accounts to add the points back to. Simple as that.

The DaoPay process is a bit different, you press a link, it redirects you to their website, and you make a phone call that charges "x" (depending on what you press) to your phone bill. Once the call is finished, you receive a PIN number, which you may use with our site to receive your points automatically.

Whether you use DaoPay or PayPal, when the server resets, it does not matter. As long as you use your points, you receive them back. On to step 2.

2. After the donation is complete, you receive your points, and you receive gifts from our Gift Shop, which you receive in-game after no later than two minutes of your request to receive the item.

3. When you make a transaction between the website and game, it writes a record including your account number, donation item value, and time in our database.

4. When the server resets, we keep all the player accounts, and we run a script. This script views each individual record in our database, and sends the donation item amount's value back to the account number in the same table. For example, you receive a voodoo doll from the website...
The table logs (1, voodoo doll, 123123)
- value of donation item in points
voodoo doll - name of donation item
123123 - account number which received the item.

All our script does, is simply take every record, and give the accounts back the points that the system originally took from them. This is why if you receive donation items in-game, you do not get them back, and also, if you duplicate items, you will not receive them either. You only receive what you donated for.

Furthermore, this is why the argument, "I did not receive my points back. I received 5 points and I donated 200" doesn't pose much of a chance, considering how our system works.

Now that you are enlightened, I feel the need not to explain it anymore. If you are 100% sure this is untrue, please, send us an E-mail at ([email protected]), but do NOT do so unless you have each donation receipt lined up, and you provide your E-mail (PayPal), or PIN numbers (DaoPay) and account number.

Lastly, if you have three accounts on Cyntara, and donated points to all of them, you probably have your points spread out to three accounts, please take note of how our system works when donating.

Have fun,
Red

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back