• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Compiling]MSVC - Compiling TFS under Windows - EASY WAY!

Vittyn

#Learning Linux
Reaction score
Compiling Tutorial

NOTES: I made this tutorial , as I don't see any of these at OTLand.
NOTES2: I'm Brazillian , sorry if you don't understand my english.
NOTES3: Feel free to report errors and Rep++ me.

THINGS YOU NEED:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010: Download Here
Libraries - OpenSSL included for TFS: Download Here - (Thanks to MartyX for the reupload, please post if they don't work)

SOURCE CODES
:

TFS Sources: Download Here NOTE: Only Premium Members can acess it.
Other Sources: You can also use you own sources that you have , but it needs to support MSVC!

"THE JOB":

1 STEP: First of all , Install MSVC and Extract Libraries anywhere you want it.
2 STEP: Open MSVC and then , click on "Open Project"
3 STEP: Go to your source directory -> Obj10 then , Open TFS Project
4 STEP: Left click on TFS project and then open -> Properties
5 STEP: Goto -> C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories and then add "include" directory from where you have unpacked Libs
6 STEP: Now goto -> Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories and then add "libs" directory from where you have unpacked Libs
7 STEP: Make sure in the top of MSVC are "Release" instead of "Debug"
8 STEP: Left click in The Forgotten Server project , and make "Rebuild"
9 STEP: Wait few minutes , and then it already compiled!
10 STEP: Goto -> Your Sourcecode directory -> vc10 -> Release and copy TFS to your server folder and its ready!

Parameters Config:
1 STEP: Right click on TFS Project and -> properties
2 STEP: Goto -> C/C++ -> Processor -> Processor Definitions
3 STEP: Edit parameters with your and click OK , then compile again!
You can use these parameters:
PHP:
__WAR_SYSTEM__
__EXCEPTION_HANDLER__
__USE_SQLITE__
__USE_MYSQL__
__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__

CREDITS:
Vittyn - OTLand.net: Tutorial Part and OpenSSL
Elf - OTLand.net: Give Idea
Pietia - OTFans.net: First Tutorial
Sim0ne - OTFans.net: Some Libs
Feel free to post it anywhere you wants , but give us the credits.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the tutorial are fully working and updated , report any errors if you find.

I will be testing this later on on a 64-bit platform, do i need any additional things to add to compile under 64-bits?

I don't know, whe i left home i'll check it for you , and update the tutorial too ' :)

This compile 32bits? because when i open my server i get error, out memory blá blá ... try 64 bits etc, and i have 4gb ram x.x

Finally smth different that Stian's repack ;)

Yes , and its much better as I see... Its compile engine with arround 3.500KB
and Stian with 6.800KB , I see other points , when compilated with it
see that server loads more fast
I'll just ask Elf to teach me about x64 for who needs it :)

Yes , and its much better as I see... Its compile engine with arround 3.500KB
and Stian with 6.800KB , I see other points , when compilated with it
see that server loads more fast
I'll just ask Elf to teach me about x64 for who needs it :)

I have checked about the x64 compile and it can't be done with `express`, only with `professional` and up, luckily anyone can find a `premium pirate` edition ;P.

VS 2010 Ultimate, you have to do the hard work and find it yourself.

tpblogo_sm_ny.gif
Code:
[CENTER]5494777[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="red"]WARNING[/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"]OTland does not endorse any kind of piracy, any post with a direct link to a pirated software will be removed.
Always be careful with what you search and download, some will/may have viruses, download with commonsense.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Those who know `How 2 Internet` will find it fast, those who don't may have problems. Also do not PM me for links.

Once I'm done Installing I will try to compile following this tutorial and a few I found on the net, if successful I'll update this post so OP can add it.

@Vittyn
Keep searching for any other solutions. :D

My test to compile TFS to x64 platform has failed, does anyone know what this error means?
Code:
1>libboost_filesystem-vc100-mt-s-1_44.lib(v2_operations.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'

I'll take a guess, could that mean that I need to re-compile boost libraries for x64?

@up
Why you need Ultimate version? I guess that Express edition is enough...

x64 compiler, express doesn't have it!

@Shinmaru , as I can see this error is exactly what you said , we need compile libs at x64,
but I can't do it , only x86 here :(
maybe , if you do that , I can update post with libs x64 and give u credits :)

i get bunch of errors >.>

Code:
444 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\bits\stl_tree.h In member function 'std::_Rb_tree_node_base*& std::_Rb_tree<_Key, _Val, _KeyOfValue, _Compare, _Alloc>::_M_root() [with _Key = unsigned int, _Val = unsigned int, _KeyOfValue = std::_Identity<unsigned int>, _Compare = std::less<unsigned int>, _Alloc = std::allocator<unsigned int>]':

Code:
444 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\bits\stl_tree.h In member function 'std::_Rb_tree_node_base*& std::_Rb_tree<_Key, _Val, _KeyOfValue, _Compare, _Alloc>::_M_root() [with _Key = unsigned int, _Val = unsigned int, _KeyOfValue = std::_Identity<unsigned int>, _Compare = std::less<unsigned int>, _Alloc = std::allocator<unsigned int>]':

i'm sure its your fault , try again doing exactly what tuto says,
I'm compiling with it all the time and 100% working with no errors.

@Shinmaru , as I can see this error is exactly what you said , we need compile libs at x64,
but I can't do it , only x86 here :(
maybe , if you do that , I can update post with libs x64 and give u credits :)

If you tell me how its done I'll do it :p

Back