• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ashenvale Blackwoods.

Redrax

Necronia mapper.
Reaction score
ashenbanner.png
Informations :
Ashenvale Forest, is a wilderness region on the west of Avlee territory which was possesed by Elves for thousand of years. In recent days, the elves have encountered immense difficulty in holding their lands within Ashenvale. Forest is full of ancient trees, teeming with life. Is also a home for population of elves and animals like deers, grizzly bears, great cats, wolves, rabbits, rats and other wild beasts. Though pockets of the forest have become tainted, overall the area is a place of deep magic and spiritual connection with nature. Several lakes and beautiful waterfalls are sheltered beneath the forest's boughs. Ashenvale is bordered by mountains to the east, and more forest to the north and west. The ancients and elves guards Ashenvale wilderness with constant patrols. Any who threaten the forest - cutting down live trees, poaching beasts of the forest - are met with the ancients powerful attacks and the elvish archers deadly arrows.

Inspiration :
ashenvaleintro.png
Ashenvale forest from World of Warcraft series.

Project :​
In the middle of the forest - adventurer will find a lot of magical places, elvish bases and cities, ally human hunters camps, caves filled with wild beasts and underground tunnels. Almost whole map will be filled with many complex structures of plants and trees. In the hunters bases - adventurer will be able to starts few hunting and herbalist quests like, for example : collecting meat and skins of animals for local hunters, collecting herbs and making mixtures, defend camps from elvish patrols and animal attacks. In this thread I will mostly present photos of growing project in form of mapping showoff.

Photos :​
lasashenvale1.png

Rabbit traps near to the hunters camp.

lasashenvale2.png

Human hunters campbase.

lasashenvale3.png

Hunters expedition leader house.

lasashenvale4.png

Fishing spot near the base.

lasashenvale5.png

Inside the leaders house.

Last edited:
Well. Don't take this as offensive - but I find your criticism empty. You haven't use any constructive argument. :) What could I done better, and what do you mean by "this" style?

Keep in mind that Ashenvale is my very first map from a really long time. I hope I will get used to new map editor soon (never used RME before). I'm not saying that I'm going to improve greatly - but I think Im gonna figure out something innovative soon (using that style) I find creating maps really enjoyable - that's what most important.

Last edited:
I like the first picture dude, I'm just not a fan of that dark green grass for a jungle. I find it more attractive in a garden, since it looks to get taken care of. Haven't mapped much jungles, but my personal favorite is this.

It's Good... I think it's well done as a camp, and considering the argument of the map...

Some tips: You could put some dirt also, mixed with the cave ground and some "light dirt", would look good too. Another thing, play more with shape of the paths, and vary that border of grass ground. Just that. Good luck :)

It's Good... I think it's well done as a camp, and considering the argument of the map...

Some tips: You could put some dirt also, mixed with the cave ground and some "light dirt", would look good too. Another thing, play more with shape of the paths, and vary that border of grass ground. Just that. Good luck :)

80248149.png

Ashenvalian bears are common, bulky, furry, four-legged beast that lopes along on all fours, but may occasionally rise up on hind legs. Most bears are hostile when approached. Ashenvalian bears are the ones of the biggest bears found in the continent. They are swift, smart and very strong.
Ashenvalian Bear :
HP : 510
MP : 0
Damage : 50-150
Attack type : meele.
Experience : 390
Loot : Ashenvalian bear skin, honey comb (rare), meat (1-5), ham (1-3),
bear meat (1-2), bear tooth (1-2), bear paw (rare), bear blood (1-3).

*Hunters in the camp base buyes every animal products like skin, blood, teeth, claws.

lasashenvale6.png
Watch out for dangerous beast's while exploring the forest!​

Doesn't make it looking good.
I don't like it, mainly because I don't like dark grass in big areas and neither too much of the big tufts

Well. I can't make everyone satisfied, do I? Anyway - thanks for comments. I understand that different people likes different things.

I still love my Ashenvale for example :)

wilczki.png

Ashenvalian wolves are carnivorous, furry, very common beasts that often run in packs. Wolves encountered in the wilderness are typically hostile and attack characters that approach them too closely. Wolves are highly territorial animals, and generally establish territories far larger than they require to survive in order to assure a steady supply of prey. Wolves typically dominate other species in areas where they both occur.

Ashenvalian Wolf :
HP : 180
MP : 0
Damage : 20-80
Attack type : meele.
Experience : 140
Loot : Ashenvalian wolf skin, wolf tail (rare), meat (1-3), ham,
wolf meat (1-2), wolf tooth (1-2), wolf trophy (rare), wolf paw (rare), wolf blood (1-2).

lasashenvale7.png

Wolf pack is attacking the camp base!

ashenvale8.png

New explored forest areas.

Next time we are going underground!

Last edited:
I dont like your works at all. it's all the same stlye, and very spammed... well some ppl like yours but well I dont, it's not my piece of cake.

Back