• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ashenvale Blackwoods.

Hunter who was fishing before went there to put the fishes he caught into the barrel. To make sure they didn't die. He also left his fishing rod near the barrel after he done fishing...

:)

Interesting style. Maybe too many grass tufts for my taste. For some reason I've never liked the shortest type of grass tuft. Sticks out too much or somethin. Otherwise looks really nice to me.

I dont like your works at all. it's all the same stlye, and very spammed... well some ppl like yours but well I dont, it's not my piece of cake.

If you'd rather make weird 'stylish' maps that are so buggy you can only view them in a map editor then please do so, but let this guy map what he wants :/

I like it a lot, it looks like an actual forest, which is pretty cool.

I like your style, its perfect for a really deep forest theme. And I dont think its spammed, the walking patches are clearly playable and thats what matters.

cavesc.png

Hunters camp base is located almost in heart of Ashenvale wilderness. There are many caves around the area that provides great shelter for human hunters and warriors. Ashenvalian caves are partially filled with rain water. The deeps are comprised of a series of watery caverns leading deep to a complex of tunnels and large caves. Hunters have built their base almost fully underground.

lasashenvale10.png

Hm. Is that bear sleeping? If only I could capture him...

lasashenvale9.png

So... this is main hunters shelter? A cave? Let's explore it.

Next time : Beyond the ground level. Hunters camp base.​

Last edited:
murzyni.png

Two black panthers fighting in the cave in the middle of the night.

Why is anyone interested in last pieces I uploaded? It's really taking away my motivation to work. I would be nice to hear some constructive comments, opinions. Something about my works ratings. Potential new ideas I could/should use in Ashenvale to make it looking more realistic/better, to add some climate. Instead of that... I'm not hearing nothing at all.

:(

You have to face the fact that you will not get replies on anything you post.
Anyway. I don't see anything, whats wrong with your picture? It only has a stroke in between,
everything is pitch black.

Last edited:
Well, whenever I say I don't like it and why (so you could change that) you just simply say: 'I can't satisfy everyone'
well then it's quite simple, isn't it?

cavesc.png

Hunters camp base is located almost in heart of Ashenvale wilderness. There are many caves around the area that provides great shelter for human hunters and warriors. Ashenvalian caves are partially filled with rain water. The deeps are comprised of a series of watery caverns leading deep to a complex of tunnels and large caves. Hunters have built their base almost fully underground.

lasashenvale10.png

Hm. Is that bear sleeping? If only I could capture him...

lasashenvale9.png

So... this is main hunters shelter? A cave? Let's explore it.

Next time : Beyond the ground level. Hunters camp base.​

I must say I'm actually starting to dislike your maps. Why? Because its spam. Don't come back with saying "Nature is spammed", I know it is, but doesn't necessarily make it look good in tibia, You should try some other styles too, stop using that dark grass 24/7 even if its for a forest. Your mapping is too simple, I recomend you look at tutorials even if you think you are good, I think majority of the active mappers here on OtLand think your work is just plain out boring, not because its spammed but because its the same stuff over and over.

Wish you luck with mapping.

/pero

Luffy. Yea, it clearly is. But I disagree that underground piece is made in the same style as ground level - that you said before you don't like. What's wrong with it then? I'm not saying that I want to hear only "nice" kind of comments about my works. You, luffy - are a really good mapper for example and I respect your every opinion - even if you criticize my works.

By the way. How in your opinion the deep forest should looks like? I'm really curious.

not get replies on anything you post.
Hm. You meant "everything" - don't you? Ok. I clearly can face that fact.

doesn't necessarily make it look good in tibia, You should try some other styles too, stop using that dark grass 24/7 even if its for a forest.
Ok. I will try create some parts in a totally different style. Anyway, thanks for comments. That's finnaly something at all.

but because its the same stuff over and over.
Well. My main goal was to create a huge forest project and finnaly - upload it here, on OTLand as open source to download. That's why most of my works are in the same style. Im currently working on one kind of mapping project. I have to say - that what you are saying is true, that really can be boring for viewers. Same project over and over again. Im not sure if I'm able to to figure something new out - but I will try to modify my current style and make something else, different. Thank you.

It only has a stroke in between, everything is pitch black.
Hehe. Read the description... It was just my sense of humor. There is no map at all on that image. Sorry about that (black panther + cave (its dark there) + night (dark as hell. Total blackness as result :p)

Last edited:
Redrax, now you're just bullshitting around...
I plainly said that whenever we say something you directly go in defense-mode and start saying all kind of things that nearly have nothing to due with it.
If you want some more criticizing comments, then just do what people think are better. And don't bullshit around it

Looks good for your style, but don't do the blueberries on blueberry bush thing, it might work with the other one (although it won't replenish) but please don't do it on already functioning blueberry bushes.

Also the jungle grass might looks better as a blotch instead of a vein.

Ok. Next time - I will keep this in mind :) Let's see what will appear. Thanks.

I really enjoy your style.

Question for everyone in this thread...

Since when does seeing a repeated style make HIM a bad mapper? For the theme he's going for i think he's doing great, dense forest setting.

It looks very nice Redrax, but the repetition of the same style, actually gets quite boring. Don't get me wrong, the mapping is quite fantastic nonetheless. If you look at Blizzards Ashenvale, you'll see it's not the same exact thing over and over, the Zoram Strand is completely different from the rest of the area, and could be imitated by you adding a nice beach, with similar huts and such.

Kind regards,
PotatoSkin ^_^

Back