• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GlobalEvent Easy Autobroadcast Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankfarmer

who'r ninja now
Premium User
Reaction score
First of all, I don't know who's the author of this script.

The script let this man under me broadcast what you write into this code, you can write nearly anything and the players will see it and read it.

broadcaster+compressed.jpg

Here it is:

globalevents.xml
Code:
<globalevent name="information" interval="1800" event="script" value="autobroadcast.lua"/>

/globalevents/scripts/autobroadcast.lua
Code:
local messages = {
	"Remember to visit the forum for the latest information about released patches",
	"The very first item sold on eBay was a broken laser pointer for $14.83. Astonished, Owners contacted the winning bidder to ask if he understood that the laser pointer was broken. In his responding email, the buyer explained: I'm a collector of broken laser pointers.",
	"Help the server by either donating or bumping our advertisement thread on otland.net",
	"Don't insult other players with real life words. If you want to be offensive, be tibia offensive: treat them as 'rotworm!', 'poacher!', 'cave rat!', etc.",
	"Please think twice before you kill a dog. They just want to be your friend!",
	"Don't throw empty backpacks on the floor, that's what trashcans are for! If you litter, we will take all backpacks out of the game and there will be no more backpacks, ever.",
	"Never forget your rope and shovel!",
	"With great power comes great responsibility",
	"Your account has been banned! This is a joke but this would be real if you use third party software!",
	"Visit the official homepage on a regular basis to have an overview of the latest news.",
	"Thou shalt not trap.",
	"Invite friends to play, make a guild, make money, find rare items, become a legend.",
	"You will never forget your first dragon.",
	"Facebook users beware you can get hacked trough it, never accept or visit sites or links you dont trust.",
	"When someone threatens to kill you if you don't give them your armor, give them nothing, as they might kill you anyway.",
	"Be friendly to others, and you'll find others will be friendly to you.",
	"Playing Tibia is a combination of having an angel on your shoulder and the devil in your head.",
	"Never believe in a cloning items by Ctrl + L or Ctrl + Q.",
	"Although you are allowed to attack people on PvP worlds, there is a 99.9999% chance you will get hunted for it.",
	"Enjoy Tibia, but don't skip school or work for it!",
	"This game is to be fun, but play it for long hours can be harmful to health. Take care!",
	"Don't throw empty vials on the floor, that's what trashcans and deposits are for! If you litter, we will take out all potions from the game and you will have to hunt rats and sheep.",
	"If you die, you loose items, skills and experience. But if you don't hunt, you'll never get them back",
	"Got spammed? Hold Ctrl+W in order to clear your gamescreen from text!",
	"Tired of getting your private channel full of casted spells? Put #s infront of your spellhotkeys (example: #s exori vis), then your spells will only appear in default channel!",
	"By pressing Alt + F8 you can check your current Framerate.",
	"Never trust a in-game friend by 100%. Sometimes the appearances are deceiving.",
	"The most important thing in Tibia is not to be the guy with the most high level, is be the guy with the most best friends"
}

local i = 0
function onThink(interval, lastExecution)
local message = messages[(i % #messages) + 1]
    doBroadcastMessage("Information: " .. message .. "", MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_ORANGE)
    i = i + 1
    return TRUE
end

These are some of the messages I used to broadcast on my server just to let players have something to do while hunting green dragons for 8 hours.

Enjoy!​

Last edited:
Nice picture and release. :thumbup:

This is already released.

Frank, stop putting out other peoples work for rep all the fucking time.

This is already released.

Frank, stop putting out other peoples work for rep all the fucking time.

Please mr. Bam, get out from my threads and stop following me around the forum, if you don't have anything ontopic to write about, and your starting to annoy me when your following me around, really.. really annoy me.

And as a finishing touch, if your next days of life is to be "mad" at me because i released Zao, then you need to think about what the hell the purpose of your life is, waste of time.

Edit: Oh, and yes.. forgot something that concerned your post.

This script might has been released, do I care? No
Do I make the script easier to understand for noobs? Yes
Have you contributed anything to OTLand? No

Please mr. Bam, get out from my threads and stop following me around the forum, if you don't have anything ontopic to write about, and your starting to annoy me when your following me around, really.. really annoy me.

And as a finishing touch, if your next days of life is to be "mad" at me because i released Zao, then you need to think about what the hell the purpose of your life is, waste of time.

First of all, I just happen to stumble into your threads, since they are everywhere filled with bullshit or ripoffs.

I have been contributing here for a long time with my help on the support boards, sorry for not releasing any of my private scripts!

Second of all, what you call contribution, is scripts that has already been released, so I wouldn't really call it 'contribution'

How about YOU take a look over your life, mr rep hunter.

You have both been reported for public harassment, can't take your shit. Go flame someone else.

When you release a script that was made by someone else you must post credits and include the name of the author. "Credits to the creator" doesn't mean anything, who would know who the creator is? I'll give you a day to include the name of the creator, else I'll have to delete the thread.

When you release a script that was made by someone else you must post credits and include the name of the author. "Credits to the creator" doesn't mean anything, who would know who the creator is? I'll give you a day to include the name of the creator, else I'll have to delete the thread.

http://otland.net/663603-post5.html

How do I know who's the AUTHOR? Everyone can say "im the author". I downloaded a fucking Kiltera server randomly months ago and voila, this script was in it.

Yea, sure delete the thread. Impossible to know the author.

And if you read the first sentence of the thread:

"First of all, I don't know who's the author of this script."

Then you're saying, "hey, if the author is random/unknown/probobly dead in real life, then we can't share our resources?" Way to go there DELIRIUM. And if the fucking scripter wants to have credits, then yeah.. if HE ACTUALLY is a scripter, he could have SCRIPTED a COMMENT inside the script "<!-- CREDITS BY AUTHOR -->".

Btw. so far I know it's opensource. So I will be author too if I would change one letter. Nice script, formula is smart :D

http://otland.net/663603-post5.html

How do I know who's the AUTHOR? Everyone can say "im the author". I downloaded a fucking Kiltera server randomly months ago and voila, this script was in it.

Yea, sure delete the thread. Impossible to know the author.

Really hard when he stated it quick enough after you made this thread. Stop embarrasing yourself and release some own work instead of releasing other peoples, then stomping down at people who havent released anything themselves.

Just because you release something that is already out in otland, doesn't make you a contributor in any way.

http://otland.net/663603-post5.html"First of all, I don't know who's the author of this script."

So you downloaded a server 'Kiltera' and released the script that was included in the server. Perhaps you should have atleast given some credits to the maker of the server for including the script. Since he was the one who provided you with it. But I don't see a word about that either.

Really hard when he stated it quick enough after you made this thread. Stop embarrasing yourself and release some own work instead of releasing other peoples, then stomping down at people who havent released anything themselves.

Just because you release something that is already out in otland, doesn't make you a contributor in any way.

So you downloaded a server 'Kiltera' and released the script that was included in the server. Perhaps you should have atleast given some credits to the maker of the server for including the script. Since he was the one who provided you with it. But I don't see a word about that either.

Just cut the crap

Btw. so far I know it's opensource. So I will be author too if I would change one letter. Nice script, formula is smart :D

noo then u must give credit to original author too :X and even tho it's opensource you leave credits don't play smart now ^^ you find talaturens rl name in TFS source (author comments at top)

and i've always left my name in scripts just not in that one because i made it as request but I like that people could know what is my work :)

And now you know I'm the author and could state it! :) Unless you want me to create a new thread for it with my creds there ^.^

noo then u must give credit to original author too :X and even tho it's opensource you leave credits don't play smart now ^^ you find talaturens rl name in TFS source (author comments at top)

and i've always left my name in scripts just not in that one because i made it as request but I like that people could know what is my work :)

And now you know I'm the author and could state it! :) Unless you want me to create a new thread for it with my creds there ^.^

Sure, go and create a new thread. But then BAM will come around and flame you because your posting shit that already exists on the forum

Nah I would rep him for releasing his work that he made.

I respect Colandus for his work. You however, just steal shit for rep.

@Mods, delete this / lock this thread. He haven't fulfilled the simple task you gave him.

Lol you all are entertaining. you all are like 2 girls in the school yard yelling at each other... seriously if you are wearied about getting credit for it then you should of never released it. As for any who who steels stuff they only hurt themselves and they will get what they deserve one day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back