• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

GlobalEvent Easy Autobroadcast Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have both been reported for public harassment, can't take your shit. Go flame someone else.

Bro...u steal everything even ur rl map broject is stolen...:$
anyways...who da hell is the nub that don't know how to do a simple script like this? :confused:

I saw this line on your post:

First of all, I don't know who's the author of this script.

Just to clear the confusion and just so you add it right away to avoid more flames and the possibility of the thread being deleted from a mod, the author of this script is Colandus.

Reference: OpenTibia Fans - View Single Post - TFS 0.3 globalevent help

Notice Im not saying he is the author of the idea of making an auto-broadcast, he probably is not, but the script you posted for it is his's.

So, if you were being honest about helping people and respecting authors, and not being just a rep hunter, I suggest you change that line for something like this:

Note: This script is not mine, I only changed the messages and reposted the thread. Everything else is made by Colandus, if you're going to give reputation to anyone, give it to him, not me.

Regards.

If everyone is adding their oppinion on this topic then I won't be shy.

It's correct that colandus made the script out of a request, link has been adeed twice alrady.
By adding the "actual" author of the script you show some respect in different ways:

1) Respect to the scripter
2) Respect to the person behind the idea
3) Respect to the forum rules

There could be a possibility that some scripts are stolen, implemented into
some new serverfiles and released without credits.
In this case add !atleast! a line: "Dunno where the scripts are from, I got it from server X"
Noone will blame you for not knowing where your scripts are from until
the "real" author comes along with a proof, like colandus did.
Add his name to the credit list and everyone's happy.

Sidenote:
Reputation shows nothing about your actual skills (scripting/mapping/...)
I ,personally, couldn't care less about those things, because my goal
is to SUPPORT, not to collect.
Besides, I will never ever blame someone for not adding my name to a script, even if it is my own.
I know what I'm capable of and I know what I wrote.
SUPPORT >= Reputation (edited, to >= due to an interesting conversation :) )
Just my oppinion.

Last edited:
I don't want rep, I just want my name there :) I wouldn't have cared much, just that he made such a big deal of it ;)

By the way, lazy Colandus:

Update your AreaIterator to check for multiple areas!

I would need it :p

Btw. so far I know it's opensource. So I will be author too if I would change one letter. Nice script, formula is smart :D

Even though LinuxMint is OpenSource, they do announce that they are based on Ubuntu, which is based on Debian.

Ontopic: Thanks for your contribution. :D But you should write something like "Based on Colandus Script, slightly modified by me" or something like that.

Its very disrespectful not giving credits to the ones you based on. I even sometimes give credits to the person who gave me an idea of a script.

I saw this line on your post:

Just to clear the confusion and just so you add it right away to avoid more flames and the possibility of the thread being deleted from a mod, the author of this script is Colandus.

Reference: OpenTibia Fans - View Single Post - TFS 0.3 globalevent help

Notice Im not saying he is the author of the idea of making an auto-broadcast, he probably is not, but the script you posted for it is his's.

So, if you were being honest about helping people and respecting authors, and not being just a rep hunter, I suggest you change that line for something like this:

Regards.

Yeah mate, nice story you got there. Go write a book or something.

It's barely modified.

Nah it's not modified and please don't tell me "I" made a big deal about it. We have a bunch of cry babies on otland flaming my thread. Even the moderator came here to write some shit about "rules of engagement" and still, he didnt do shit?

Want to know why? Because he is 15 years old, you don't know shit at that age, not even whats right or wrong.

This is the last untopic shit you're ever writing in this thread again. You can take your sorry act of "morale" in another thread of what you think is right and wrong and actually I don't really care if you made it or some random BR made it, it's an easy script and I modified it to be with sentences that might be fun to have on a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back