• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux 0.4 consuming so much RAM

Rodo

Solutions
Reaction score
I just compiled my TFS 0.4 under Debian minimal 64-bits, and at the time of test I started the server and I can figure that it's consuming 600 mb (running with the default map), what could be the problem?

Everything. Why do you think it hasn't been released publicly yet? ^_^
With a real map and linux OS, it idle's at 3gb's ram.

Imagine an envelope that you keep stuffing receipts into. It will increase in size and cost more to ship/post/send/mail.

Last edited:
no more attributes, I'm just running the original TFS, without modifications (map of 1mb?) without players online :huh:

Well, not saying it's because of item attributes, but memory usage (especially with big maps) got higher in 0.3 and 0.4 compared to 0.2

yeah, memory usage is probably only erason why many of attributes are stored only in ItemType class, not in every object of Item class, in global tibia emulator every attributes can be stored this way(it can save some memory), but I guess there are also many other things that have something to do with memory usage(map storing in memory probably, players are saved when they log out what is clone friendly but saves tons of memory if you compare it to "load all players on startup")

Without ot running:

Used memory 324 MB of 1024 MB

With ot running:

Used memory
955 MB of 1024 MB

Using rev 3777...

Back