• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X 0.4 Server lag when 100 + online (change host?)

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Good afternoon people. I am using tfs 0.4 for a global 8.6 server.
When the server reaches an average of 100 players online, it starts to mill (players' mana costs to rise and players and monsters cost to walk ... when you click on the map the character walks, stops, walks, stops, walks, stops, and etc).
One solution would be to improve the host? Or would it be missing the internet?

image of CPU usage:
Imgur

qkUlj

NOTE: I am using this host:
Twelve core
12288 MB of RAM
1000 GB of RAID-protected storage
72000 GB of bandwidth transfer

What settings should I improve on the host?
Ram, number of colors or bandwith transfer?

Last edited:
Well, I agree with @up, probably your engine is defective. Have you added any custom scripts? 116% usage of CPU should not appear here.

Could be the server itself or some script being the problem.

Well, I agree with @up, probably your engine is defective. Have you added any custom scripts? 116% usage of CPU should not appear here.

Yes, I have several custom scripts (but none of the lack of console) in spite of you can be heavy.
Improving a dedicated configuration would solve the problem?

Here is an option to add non-dedicated SSD, will it be so different from CPU usage?

Last edited:
FYI; When using `top`, the 116% doesn't mean that you are using 116% of your total CPU power, it's actually one core that's performing on that level.
You can try pressing `1` after running top, to see all cores and threads performing.

Here is an option to add non-dedicated SSD, will it be so different from CPU usage?
No - adding another storage device won't change anything in your case.

FYI; When using `top`, the 116% doesn't mean that you are using 116% of your total CPU power, it's actually one core that's performing on that level.
You can try pressing `1` after running top, to see all cores and threads performing.

No - adding another storage device won't change anything in your case.

I did what you said, could you check this new image for me? how should I proceed?
https://i.imgur.com/QMva2qW.png

CPU usages seem stable to me, most cores are running on idle. Memory has plenty left too.

You've mentioned having 72000GB bandwidth capacity, but what is the the promised uplink as provided by your hoster?

they informed me: "All services have a 1GB adapter."

they informed me: "All services have a 1GB adapter."
That's a providers way of saying "trust us - we are fast, your rack has 1GB uplink!". Eventhough is most of the time means "You have 1GB uplink to our core routers/network". Can you send me a link of the provider you're staying with? I'd love to look into that.

More on-topic; did you run any networking tests to see if your connection is actually getting slowed?

Overlock only packet limit.

Config.lua --->>> send_limit_packet <<<<---- next to similar options.

Code:
I highly doubt this is an existing config option. There is an option called 'maxPacketsPerSecond' however, but I'm pretty sure that's not affecting this issue too.

in otland/downloads is line.

"send_maxallowed packet"

Good afternoon people. I am using tfs 0.4 for a global 8.6 server.
When the server reaches an average of 100 players online, it starts to mill (players' mana costs to rise and players and monsters cost to walk ... when you click on the map the character walks, stops, walks, stops, walks, stops, and etc).
One solution would be to improve the host? Or would it be missing the internet?

image of CPU usage:
Imgur

qkUlj

NOTE: I am using this host:

What settings should I improve on the host?
Ram, number of colors or bandwith transfer?

added new spell? spell paralyses server
fast

Last edited by a moderator:
Back