• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[1-12-2008] Player Protection against DDoS / Flood / Nuke attack

well acutally i have been talking with offical creator of this code on otfans and he say that.
Proglin said:
Pietia10 said:
Proglin said:
Pietia10 said:
hello i have compiled ur sources to ddos protection everything sounds good but when some1 dies he dies like normal nothing is changed .... i'm using tfs 0.2pl23 any ideas? maybe u can make it compatible ?

You have to try do disconect your server from internet and see if your character comes back to the temple. If is it is working
ye he back to temple but he lose skills lvls

Sorry, but at the moment I cant convert this code to 8.4

It works for 8.0

I havent tried in another version

elfy should insert somthing like this code in tfs and in config.lua set "ddos protection=yes or no."

I doubt it works propely. It can only catch really huge attacks. Better would be checking what is the latency to another server (eg. google.com). If it's higher than 300ms then it should activate system.

Along with a Brazilian programmer, did the script differently. It worked well in a version of TFS 0.3.3. After the updates the same had no more success with the script, I remember to have offered the same to 2 team members of TFS and none answered me. I believe that is not of interest in the TFS to implement anything like that version.

I did some testing with the Cisco Guard Firewall protection and depending on the level of attack or even supports it and the loss of packets to the server is inevitable, so the script the only solution to the Player does not die or even die and not lose exp / skill / ml or items.

If the team is entereçada TFS to give a look at the script that I just try.

Last edited:
i can not search i use tfs .03.6 pl 1

void internalCreatureChangeVisible(Creature* creature, bool visible);
void changeLight(const Creature* creature);

#ifdef __SKULLSYSTEM__
void changeSkull(Player* player, Skulls_t newSkull);
#endif

Back