• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

1.5GB bmp unopenable file RME export

Competitibia

Pain & Glory WHole
Solutions
Reaction score
I want to export minimap please do not link this php script from gesior i dont want 256x256 tile bitmaps I want whole minimap of ground floor and all RME verisons can export only 1.5gb uselses bmp file it seems like at end there is some corruption because file is 30mb then suddenly goes to 1.5gb ?? real map. maybe someone has otmm converter that will do the job too

I only asked if there is any way to export map to png other than RME. perhaps from .otmm file itself or via otclient because RME fails with my updated otb to generate proper bitmap and it makes 1.5gb unaccessible file with even gimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to export minimap please do not link this php script from gesior i dont want 256x256 tile bitmaps I want whole minimap of ground floor and all RME verisons can export only 1.5gb uselses bmp file it seems like at end there is some corruption because file is 30mb then suddenly goes to 1.5gb ?? real map. maybe someone has otmm converter that will do the job too
Real map is around 32000x32000, so it will be 32.000 * 32.000 * 4 (bytes per pixel) = 4 GB image data. Even if in .gif or .png it will take less, it will require 4 GB ram to open in any image viewer.
I made minimap exporter before '256x256 images exporter', but minimap colors exported by OTC were wrong (something with PNG pixels format). I could to fix it in c++, so I did not publish it.

Last edited:
Real map is around 32000x32000, so it will be 32.000 * 32.000 * 4 (bytes per pixel) = 4 GB image data. Even if in .gif or .png it will take less, it will require 4 GB ram to open in any image viewer.
I made minimap exporter before '256x256 images exporter', but minimap colors exported by OTC were wrong (something with PNG pixels format). I could to fix it in c++, so I did not publish it.
yeah but I do not need the black tiles that is what takes the most of space i think real map is nowhere near 32kx32k because it starts at 30k and ends at 33k
if i could open the minimap with higher window even in otc it would help but i didnt see that module shared but otses use it ;d

yeah but I do not need the black tiles that is what takes the most of space i think real map is nowhere near 32kx32k because it starts at 30k and ends at 33k
Map editor does not know it. It says 32k x 32k, so it exports 32k x 32k. There are also often some random ground tiles around positon 10 or 100 on map - made by mappers (by mistake?).
Did you test RME with some smaller maps? Does it work or generate 1.5GB too?

Map editor does not know it. It says 32k x 32k, so it exports 32k x 32k. There are also often some random ground tiles around positon 10 or 100 on map - made by mappers (by mistake?).
Did you test RME with some smaller maps? Does it work or generate 1.5GB too?
its because of the items.otb there is that error idk what causes it but i even use custom otitemeditor that doesnt even load images and no source for it so :D its eliteOts distro very old tfs idk which rev but supposedly it was tibia 9xx or something even before so somewhat smooth experience and no crashes/exploits
i exported other maps and no problemo i guess ill just use global 7.72 png but i just wanted high res

A small idea is you to save your map sliced in small square pieces.
After that, export their mini maps.
And, then, using Photoshop or even Paint, you merge them.

Tibia's minimap doesn't use more than 256 colors, so it should be 1 byte per pixel which makes it "only" 1 GB, if anything. Anyway, I don't get it why the editor wouldn't "know" about the unused space. It can easily check the farthest not-empty squares to the north-west and south-east, which make the rectangle of the actual map. Instead of doing so, does it really attempt to generate over 32k x 32k pic by default?

Tibia's minimap doesn't use more than 256 colors, so it should be 1 byte per pixel which makes it "only" 1 GB, if anything. Anyway, I don't get it why the editor wouldn't "know" about the unused space. It can easily check the farthest not-empty squares to the north-west and south-east, which make the rectangle of the actual map. Instead of doing so, does it really attempt to generate over 32k x 32k pic by default?
my map is 64kx64k anyways but i think yeah it generates black pixels to the farthest point but even at that why I can't open it with even gimp because of unsupported file type is another question (16gb machine and 64bit gimp the image doesnt even try to load)

my map is 64kx64k anyways but i think yeah it generates black pixels to the farthest point
Looking at the code, it shouldn't be the case: hampusborgos/rme (https://github.com/hampusborgos/rme/blob/master/source/map.cpp#L471)
So I'd bet on that:
There are also often some random ground tiles around positon 10 or 100 on map - made by mappers (by mistake?).
Either find these mistakenly placed tiles or you can edit the code to only generate a minimap from certain x_min, y_min to x_max, y_max (fixed size) and recompile.

Last edited:
Back