• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

100% CPU load all the time!

Propus

Reaction score
Im running an evolutions based distro which is working fine except for one thing: When I have like 30 people online my cpu is at 100% all the time, the otserver is taking all the load.

Are there any known bugs that cause this high load? I know evolutions isnt the best but there are lots of people that are running evo with 80+ players online and have no problems at all.

Im getting kinda desperate, what could cause this high load?

What does my internet connection have to do with my CPU being at 100%?
Connection is fine (fastest DSL available), no problems. I could easily host 120 players without lag.

My computer is 4 years old, not the best but should run an otserver with ease:

CPU: AMD Barton 2500+
MEM: 2GB

Got it running on a RAMdrive so I/O reads and writes are fast as hell.

Well the CPU load isnt at 100% all the time, sometimes it's 30/40% for a while (with like 40 players on) but then it goes up again. So it seems that it only occurs when certain things are happening.

CPU: AMD Barton 2500+<--- thats your prob :(
Are you running tibia or any other programs in the background if so close the no vital ones ie msn icq etc
As Nik said Evo's sux for on cpu usage also!

I don't believe my cpu isn't fast enough. That would be mad right? it's not even rendering anything, nothing could be more cpu friendly than an open tibia server (most simplistic code and output you can imagine). Besides, there are times the cpu load is at 30% with 40 players on and it's running fine then, so I don't think my cpu is the problem.

I have same problem with TFS, we called it "Lag-Spot". If you enter place where's 7-8 monsters and above 2-3 monsters, server begin to use 100% CPU. Any1 know what's happening, and how can i avoid this?

Off-topic: @Propus: That Ramdrive, is it windows own thing that is max at 32 MB or is it a third parity software? I'm interested in that my self so just wondering how you do it.

Back