• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling 157 Errors WTF!?

MMm, you are getting lots of undefined references, and they are linked to boost system v2.

I suggest you to remove the parameter -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2

and change leaf() to path().filename().string()

Are you using the latest Stian's Pack ?

Sorry i thought it was obvious, my fault. You should change in the files that gives errors, such as luascript.cpp or any other source files.

Correct patch.hcc, that is a file from Boost. You probably changed that part:

Code:
# if !defined(BOOST_FILESYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED)
    //  recently deprecated functions supplied by default
    path&  normalize()              { return m_normalize(); }
    path&  remove_leaf()            { return remove_filename(); }
    path   leaf() const             { return filename(); }
    path   branch_path() const      { return parent_path(); }
    bool   has_leaf() const         { return !m_pathname.empty(); }
    bool   has_branch_path() const  { return !parent_path().empty(); }
    bool   is_complete() const      { return is_absolute(); }
# endif

Extra Information:
You should NOT change any files from extern libraries (other than your source code) unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Or make a backup/notes before doing it so you can correct if something goes wrong.

Obs: i'm checking your error, soon i will post another reply. Please post again the errors that appeared BEFORE using -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2.
Also send me the link of your sources (where you downloaded). I need them for continue "investigating".

Last edited:
Source: HERE

Before:
problem.png

And the same miastek ;/

Ok, i just downloaded it and will try to compile.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to delete the makefile and the obj folder and then recompile.
This helped me sometimes with Dev-C++.
I'm compiling it. Soon i'll reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it compiled with no errors using Stian's Repack Dev-Cpp 0.2, 64bit. Without changing anything in the source. Try to do what i said above and if didn't work try to Re-Download everything and start from scrath. I remember that i got some wierd errors suddenly with Dev-C++ and solved by doing some "reboot" on the process.

Last edited:
Ok, do NOT use -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_VERSION=2.
Remove it (if you dont remember how: Project Options (alt + p) > Parameters > then exclude its line).

Then delete the Makefile.winand obj folder.
They will be here: C:\~~~~\0.3.6pl1.r80\dev-cpp

Ok. Please just confirm that you have deleted the Makefile.win and obj folder.

Still, something is really wierd here.

I download Stian's Repack from this link: Stian's Repack Dev-Cpp v2.rar
And again the source from this link (0.3.6pl1.r80): Subversion

All in new folders and tried to compile. Succeded without errors.

There is nothing wrong with the source code neither with Stian's Repack from these links. Please Re-Download both and start from scratch (new folders). Should work fine.

Maybe you are doing something wrong when compiling, here is what you should do:

1. Open devcpp.exe from Stian's Repack
  2. Goto File > Open Project or File... (Ctrl + O)
  3. Select TheForgottenServer.dev from C:\~~~~\0.3.6pl1.r80\dev-cpp > Open
  4. Wait untill it loads (a message "Done parsing in xx,xx seconds" will appear in the status bar - in the bottom of the program interface)
  5. Then go to Execute > Compile (Ctrl + F9)
  6. Wait untill finish (a message "Done" will appear in the "compilation box")
  7. Then just copy the .exe from C:\~~~~\0.3.6pl1.r80\dev-cpp to your server folder.

1. Tfs/dev-cpp/folder obj & makefile.win DELETE
2. Run DevCpp
3. Ctrl+O / File>open project --> TheForgottenServer.dev
4. I'm waiting for it to load
5. Ctrl+F9 / Execute->Compile ;/
6. Compiling and pops up errors

Ok, you are doing it right. Could be something wrong in Stians Repack or Source. Did you download a "new" Stian's Repack and Source (and extracted to new folders)?

I'm insisting on it because i downloaded both and compiled without problems.

Last edited:
Please be more specific. The errors are the same/exactly you posted in post #5 ?

Even after you changed leaf() to path().filename().string() in line 719 of luascript.cpp?

Ok, but still something it's really strange, look:

The first error says:
Code:
In file included from C:/Users/Alicja/Desktop/The Forgotten Dev-Cpp/include/boost/filesystem.hpp:34,
                 from ../luascript.cpp:21:
C:/Users/Alicja/Desktop/The Forgotten Dev-Cpp/include/boost/filesystem/v3/config.hpp:49:5: #error Configuration not supported: Boost.Filesystem V3 and later requires std::wstring support

The first line refers to line 34 of filesystem.hpp, but here is mine (the one from Stian's Repack):

Code:
//  boost/filesystem/filesystem.hpp  -----------------------------------------//

//  Copyright Beman Dawes 2005

//  Use, modification, and distribution is subject to the Boost Software
//  License, Version 1.0. (See accompanying file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at
//  http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

//  See library home page at http://www.boost.org/libs/filesystem

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------// 

#ifndef BOOST_FILESYSTEM_FILESYSTEM_HPP
#define BOOST_FILESYSTEM_FILESYSTEM_HPP

#include <boost/filesystem/operations.hpp>   // includes path.hpp
#include <boost/filesystem/convenience.hpp>

#endif

There is no line 34.

The second line refers to line 21 of luascript.cpp, which is correct, that line says to the preprocessor to include filesystem.hpp (#include <boost/filesystem.hpp>)

The third line refers to an ERROR "#error Configuration not supported: Boost.Filesystem V3 and later requires std::wstring support" that is in column 5 of line 34 of file config.hpp that is in a folder called v3 that is in other folder called filesystem.

In my folder filesystem there is no folder called "v3"... neither line 34 has this error...

Please post here these two files (just copy and paste between CODE tags): config.hpp (COPY UNTILL LINE 100) and filesystem.hpp

Last edited:
Back