• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux 2 IP's - 2 Servers - Same Port - 1 Dedicated Server? [SoYouStart]

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Anyone here use OVH/SoYouStart? I purchased a Failover IP, and Im wondering if theres a way to set it up to have its own series of ports so I can host two servers on the same dedicated server both using port 7171.

Any information on this topic would also be greatly appreciated, since I've never looked into how to do this.

OVH : IpAlias <-- this is the link provided to setup the failover IP.

Anyone here use OVH/SoYouStart? I purchased a Failover IP, and Im wondering if theres a way to set it up to have its own series of ports so I can host two servers on the same dedicated server both using port 7171.

Any information on this topic would also be greatly appreciated, since I've never looked into how to do this.

OVH : IpAlias <-- this is the link provided to setup the failover IP.
Damon helped me at one point for this, but it required using another service as well, and a great deal of setup. I don't know the technicalities of it though.

Oh well, Ill definitely give him a message - thanks for the quick response!
@Damon - mind helping me out or linking me to a tutorial?

SolusVM does cost money and is atm utter crap. Either Virtualizor is the way to go if paid or free Proxmox.
Anyway you should be able to install Proxmox template on your SYS Server. Now once this is done assign a vmac to each FOIP (failover) you wanna use. Now when in Proxmox you create an LXC container (easiest, like ovz but we dont have to worry about bad performance since we own the server and know about resources available). When creating the lxc container select the template of your choice and enter the foip as ip, the vmac you created and the rest of the details. You need 2x FOIP to accomplish what you wanna do as the servers main ip cant act as 1 server as it is used for Proxmox acting as a hypervisor. Technically at some point you could do it but Id suggest spending that extra 2€ setup fee and get 2xFOIP instead.

Not sure about the deal with failover ip and how OVH deals with it, but if you have 2 IP addresses you should be able to use both of them by configuring your network interfaces.
/etc/network/interfaces.

Not quite sure how to select which interface to use tho, you might be able to configure a user to use a particular interface.

Not sure about the deal with failover ip and how OVH deals with it, but if you have 2 IP addresses you should be able to use both of them by configuring your network interfaces.
/etc/network/interfaces.

Not quite sure how to select which interface to use tho, you might be able to configure a user to use a particular interface.

You can add 2 IP adresses to your server (or rather 1 additional) that is true. However I would still go the proxmox/ovz way and create a seperate container for each Server. Why? First off, if one of the ots fucks up with error logs etc the vm might crash but the other ots wont as they are seperated. Sometimes a fixed error needs a server reboot not only ots restart. Having 2 vms (one for each ots) keeps the other ots online if the vm of the crashed ots needs to be restarted.
Furthermore you can take direct backups of the full vm (if lxc) in proxmox and restore them per click. This can also be very handy. Another advantage would be the fact that you can setup different stacks/os for each ots if needed.
That being said ofc @Znote you are right aswell :)

Back