• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2 years later - here I am again

Danger II

tibiara.com
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello hello hello. What's going on Otland. After a 2-year downtime from here I am back. Anything I should know, any major changes, etc?

Feels good to be back.

I don't think there is anything new worth to mention other than that slavi has passed away

Last edited:
There's still no clear sight...

That's like a year ago? I've chatted with him (slawkens#7XXX) a month ago..

he meant Slavidodo

besides that, you missed otclient drama, rme going open source, distributions other than tfs moving to client 12 already ([1], [2]), tfs getting new features (events, event callbacks and possibly more) and a small project of gathering old ot resources in one place

you also arrived just right to vote on new icon for tfs, join the brainstorming for isSightClear rework and join the testing of an API for tfs

he meant Slavidodo

besides that, you missed otclient drama, rme going open source, distributions other than tfs moving to client 12 already ([1], [2]), tfs getting new features (events, event callbacks and possibly more) and a small project of gathering old ot resources in one place

you also arrived just right to vote on new icon for tfs, join the brainstorming for isSightClear rework and join the testing of an API for tfs
Ah thanks for pointing out. I was confused as I had slaw in mind when talking about slavi.
May Slavi's soul rest in peace.

Wow these news sound interesting. To be honest I thought RME was open source already... at least I remember I had sources for it.

About official TFS is way behind the unofficial sources may be together with their approvement-system. Way how they handle new code/PR's, test them, merge them, implement them, reproduce bugs, etc. Makes TFS stable but very delayed compared to latest tibia version.

I should have an old HDD with some old tibia related files. If I ever run it I will take a look if there's some useful data.

Man I really don't know what to think about these icons. They all do not look like perfect for me. Only #3 has chances to win as every other icon would make less sense here. (bad quality, not decisive enough)

I really can't see any huge benefits with TFS being interacting with an API. Looks fun but not really efficient for me (right now). Other than that it's even way to late for the implementation. Could have been done ages ago.

Last edited:
About official TFS is way behind the unofficial sources may be together with their approvement-system. Way how they handle new code/PR's, test them, merge them, implement them, reproduce bugs, etc. Makes TFS stable but very delayed compared to latest tibia version.

OTX is integrating tfs changes to their engine anyway so it's still better to work on tfs repo directly.

Man I really don't know what to think about these icons. They all do not look like perfect for me. Only #3 has chances to win as every other icon would make less sense here. (bad quality, not decisive enough)

you know, you can use whatever art you want for your private builds.
imo all options have some flaws and the winner should tweak his icon a bit anyway after the competition ends.

I really can't see any huge benefits with TFS being interacting with an API. Looks fun but not really efficient for me (right now). Other than that it's even way to late for the implementation. Could have been done ages ago.

A new platform could be written to aggregate server stats of some sort (like events or something). It could also allow more interactions with otclient (before logging in).

@Danger II if helps, this repository has been upgrading otclient
good to see you back, still remember world war 7.6 with 1/1, 2/2 to 7/7 accounts with seromontis, matheusz, it was awesome

@Danger II if helps, this repository has been upgrading otclient
good to see you back, still remember world war 7.6 with 1/1, 2/2 to 7/7 accounts with seromontis, matheusz, it was awesome
Good old times.. probably one of the best tibia times I had.

Welcome back, mate. I remember you :)
Hello ;) I remember you aswell!

Great to see some known faces :)

this not the case anymore. tfs git is managed by xml developers
so enjoy buggy distro with crashes getting merged and 0 tests xD
so now its outdated distro and unstable poorly managed. instead of a stable good one in the past

only good guy still left is don daniello. he keeps some bad code from getting merged

this not the case anymore. tfs git is managed by xml developers
so enjoy buggy distro with crashes getting merged and 0 tests xD
so now its outdated distro and unstable poorly managed. instead of a stable good one in the past

only good guy still left is don daniello. he keeps some bad code from getting merged
True but sad....

Back