• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

30 days without food <- BLOG!

I just want to correct those who keep thinking it's only a few daysand whatnot, the human body can only survive without food for 3 weeks on AVERAGE, gl though and I might join for a day or so... (Last time I did I got REALLY REALLY SHAKEY!)

Hehe even if everyone is trolling you and I think this is crazy I wish you good luck :)

Would it count as murder watching him starve himself to death all day long? If the answer is yes i'm in. :ninja:

Maybe not a murder but it could still be considered something against law, like you knew he may die this way yet you did nothing to stop him xD

What he gonna do, pk me on realots? :$

Watch my live stream damnit. Trolling all day long. Winning almost all my games with leblanc jungle'n stuff. :3

I've gone three weeks without food, but that's just what intravenous painkillers will do to your appetite.
"Your body can last a month without food" is relevant. I spent 99% of my time in a bed sleeping. Even amount of energy required for sedentary activities will likely prove to kill you before 30 days have elapsed.

A week would be a more interesting challenge. At least it's possible.
Red

A week would be a more interesting challenge. At least it's possible.
Red

I don't see a point in doing only a week. Most people would be able to handle that, and thus ruins the challenge itself.

The challenge is supposed to be extreme to be any interesting. I wouldn't follow a blog about a 1 week trial without food but I would definitely follow one for a month. The body wouldn't have time to go throught the required stages (processes) within a 1 week trial either, which then removes the actuall health part of it. No challenge, no health test=no fun

but thanks for the input.

I won't spend 99% of the time in bed, I'll do what I always do. No-life league of legends (with live cam) and tibia if I find a good oldschool server. I'm going out from time to time aswell (obv.) but I'm not going to excercise during this period since that is a waste of time due to you won't get enough nutrients to build muscle.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start the fasting the 24'th of the day after that.

Anyone is ofcourse welcome to join me, but I'm not responsible if you're going to do a month with me : 3

I assume you live at home, how exactly are you gonna deal with your parents?

I don't see a point in doing only a week. Most people would be able to handle that, and thus ruins the challenge itself.

The average person wouldn't last a week. The average person doesn't want to go more than a day >.>;

The challenge is supposed to be extreme to be any interesting.

The main reason I proposed a week as opposed to a month is that a month without will cause you to cave in or die. Obviously you won't choose the latter.

I wouldn't follow a blog about a 1 week trial without food but I would definitely follow one for a month. The body wouldn't have time to go throught the required stages (processes) within a 1 week trial either, which then removes the actuall health part of it. No challenge, no health test=no fun

I sincerely hope you don't believe that your body will stop trying to produce energy even though you aren't consuming anything.
But I'm assuming you know that, because you mentioned stages, or processes.
I'm also going to assume you're talking about the breakdown of glycogen to glucose for means of energy? Judging by your body weight (assuming the picture in the blog is you) you don't have enough fat to feed yourself for very long.

And you definitely don't want to elicit gluconeogenesis. Once it starts your muscles will erode to nothing your body will consume its own organs. That's something you will never recover from.

but thanks for the input.

Unlike some of my other compatriots I care about health, and instead of posting pictures of food I'm doing as much as I can so you can at least acknowledge the negative effects of your fasting before jumping to this decision.

I won't spend 99% of the time in bed

And this is precisely the reason you would die before you made it a month without food. The figure that the human body can survive a month without food is a figure for people recovering in hospitals. Not for people who want to fast.
I respect your desire to test your body and mind. But a month is illogical, and the reason why I suggested a week instead.
But you reserve your right to do whatever you'd like. I just wanted to make sure you're aware of what the body does in case of starvation, since I don't know you personally I don't know if you knew beforehand.

Red

Well thank you for the information. I have read about all you said but haven't really went into real deep research about it. I was planning to do that while fasting as I'll spend alot of time reading about the relevant anyway since I'll have to try to keep me motivated.

If I start to notice even the slightest that my muscles are decreasing I'll stop immediately. Since I'm planning to really cleanse my body for not only the challenge, but to prepare myself to start hard-core training at the gym (since I'm way too much at my computer! :$), it wouldn't be a smart idea to shrink them to worms before doing so *.*

I'll take contact with people that I know have fasted for really long periods. But I'll atleast fast for 1 weeks minimum. If it seems really dangerous I'll stop at 3. But my goal is still a whole month.

It's not like I'm going to do a finger promise not to :3

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you live at home, how exactly are you gonna deal with your parents?

I'll think of something. I'll probably have to explain if she noticing I'm starting to puke :3 But I fix most my food, etc, myself so I don't think it'll be very easy to actually notice I'm not eating hehe.

Back