• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[360]Pedro Rates It!

Dead Rising

Dead Rising
Dead-Rising-Cover.jpg
The gameplay itself is based upon George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead where you fight zombies in a huge mall, Capcom claimed that Dead Rising was not inspired by the Dawn of the Dead movie, and that's partly true, the storyline is quite basic even though I loved it, you start out as Frank West a photo journalist who wanted to create the biggest story in the world by exploring the odd events happening in the town of Williamette. Through a helicopter ride he found himself stranded at the Williamette mall, he tells the helicopter driver to arrive at the exact same spot in 72 hours, and the hunt had begun... He finds himself in a middle of a zombie-drama, he hooks up with the crew of Otis (the Janitor), Jessica (A DHS agent) and Brad (Also a DHS agent, working with Jessica). You will soon find out that things are not what they seem to be, later in the game the story will take place in a whole new level, which is the part I personally loved.
Dead_Rising_5.jpg

The camera view is quite unpleasant for the untrained eye (lol), I enjoy first-person zombie slaying over third-person, but they Dead Rising handles this quite well, the engine could be more dynamic if you ask me, you don't always get this feeling your in a mall with tons of flesh-eating zombies, since when you reach higher levels you unlock brain smashing new attacks.
The level system is a quite fun addon to Dead Rising, to advance a level you need to collect Prestige Points (aka PP), which is obtained by slaying zombies, taking exciting photos, completing missions or rescuing survivors. The main story is quite well made, the game ain't that spooky that I expected it to be, but only having 72 hours to complete the story makes it scarier.
Frank and his crew is not alone in the mall though, there are so called Psycopaths around the mall, these are people driven insane by the zombie outbreak, (could also be called bosses), then there's also a bunch of survivors.

There's also 3 modes, the 72 Hour Mode which is the main story, the Overtime Mode which is unlocked after completing the 72 Hour Mode. It's the continue from where the 72 Hour Mode left off, I won't spoil anything. Then the third is the Infinity Mode where you are placed in the mall with Psycopaths spread all over the mall and your objective is to stay alive for as many days as you can, your health bar drops time after time and you need to collect food to keep it up, but there's only a limited stack of food, so you need to be wise and put the bullets in a good use.
dead%20rising.jpg

All in all, Dead Rising is a great game, and I would definetly recommend you to pick it up as soon as possible, the price of dead rising is quite low for such a good game so it's definetly worth the money, even though the price has been raised due to the popularity because of recents leak of Dead Rising 2.

7/10

Thanks for reading - Pedro!

Last edited:
Smackdown vs Raw 2009

Smackdown vs Raw 2009
18132_wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2009.jpg
Let's start by saying that Smackdown vs Raw 2009 is a great game! One of the best multiplayer games out there! So Smackdown vs Raw 2009 takes you back to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) world with all the great superstars, the gameplay has been polished alot and it's noticed from the other Smackdown vs Raw games, the gameplay has taken a step up to the newest generation, by removing the annoying stamina bar was a success, and with controlling the superstar to a hundred percent, that will say the running and grabbles are fully controlled by you. Just like any other sports game they are trying to implent the right-stick into more use of the games, which THQ has tried here too, it's a fantastic idea and it works very well, you don't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy playing this game with your friends and family, there's nothing funnier than smashing a chair through the Big Show's head or giving Kane a good old Tombstone Piledriver.
44266031708x-01.jpg

First off I noticed one thing, the blood is more dynamic, when you smash open someone's skull the blood drips from the head to the ringfloor, the more punishment the head takes, the bigger will the wound become. In Smackdown vs Raw 2009 there are alot of game modes availible, but still I don't think there's enough, I miss the good old Casket Match or Guest Referee for example. In Smackdown vs Raw 2009 you will be introduced to something called the Road to Wrestlemania which is you pick one of six superstars which includes: Batista, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Triple H, Chris Jericho and John Cena. In Road to Wrestlemania you play through one of the superstars professional wrestling lifes and in each one you'll encounter an interesting plot, I enjoyed it but there could be a little more user friendly and a little more free-choices, (and if you pick up games for achievments only, don't bother about this one).
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20080701104855063.jpg

Then there's the Create Mode where you can fully customize your game, create own signature moves, entraces and of course, superstars. They must have spent too much time doing the Create Mode since it ain't that much of a diffrence if you compare it with the 2005 series.
The Career mode was also a little dissapointing, I thought it would mean that you create your own controvirsies with other superstars and make your friends and foes, it is NOT like that, first you pick a championship path, then you have a list with 5 superstars, and you get to battle the one you choose, and your goal is to make the most entertaining match as possible for the crowd to finally wrestle for the number #1 contestant spot, and at last wrestle the title holder, it's nothing more than that, it was very dissapointing.

Well said, it's a great game which is fun in Exhibition, but a little dissapointing when running single player, but I definetly recommend you to pick it up.

8/10

Last edited:
Once it is I guess =]
Umm, How are your Rating these things. Renting them ? =]

F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin

F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin
spelomslag_522.jpeg
This years best horror FPS is finally here! F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin and the expectations are great, will they fulfill them all? The answer is yes. F.E.A.R 2 takes place 30 minutes before the ending of the first one (the big explosion), you are playing as Sergeant Michael Beckett and is situated in the middle of the fight not knowing about what has happened, the deeper you reach the story you find out that Alma is back, released, and she is hungry for blood... You discover that Alma was kidnapped against her own will and sealed for over 7 years, when she was 15 she gave birth to a son, and now she is released...
Replica_Outdoors.jpg

Comparing the gameplay from the first one to Project Origin you can't say more than that the gameplay has been roughly improved, the graphics looks beautiful and solid, a very well polished game, looks very fresh and you feel like you have control over the weapons, the slow-mo mode has been improved significally, makes the game quite easy but it's definetly tons of fun shooting the brains out of a Replica Soldier. One other diffrence is the paranormal effects, ghosts and spectres flying against you and hallucinations terroring Becket through the game, looks beautiful and is very spooky to encounter. I can already say that this game will be a candidate to the game of the year, the best FPS I've played this year, (counting 2008 too).
fear-2-project-origin-20081218052131320_640w.jpg

The multiplayer was a little bit dissapointing though, it is a very similar game style as the Call of Duty series, slow-motion has been removed from multiplayer but some stuffs has been added, like the Power Armor. It's quite entertaining to wander around in this powerful suit torching everything in your path.
The game is very well made and the story is interesting as expected, but there's still something missing, or at least it feels like it, let's just hope for a F.E.A.R 3, I'm not going to spoil the ending but I hope for a third game.

9/10

You should check out Halo Wars.
I just finished downloading it and its kick ass ;D

Im now downloading Silent Hill: Homecoming, i love the Silent Hill games.

I downloaded Halo Wars before, need to play it more to review it ^^

Halo Wars demo freaking rocks!!! I pre ordered the Limited COllectors Ed, that way i get the 3 new halo 3 maps ;o! And with those, u can get achievements to get Recon Armor and/or Recon Shoulders!!!!

Halo Wars demo freaking rocks!!! I pre ordered the Limited COllectors Ed, that way i get the 3 new halo 3 maps ;o! And with those, u can get achievements to get Recon Armor and/or Recon Shoulders!!!!

Halo Wars full game freaking rocks ;)
Will review it when I've played it through abit.

Back