• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TalkAction (6.1) Cyber's REPSystem w/Opinion Points for 0.4 && mAAC

Is this the best reputation system?

• Yes.

Votes: 131 66.2%
  • No.

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • It's good but can be improved.

Votes: 37 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i got a little problem with the lua version. Im using TFS 0.3.6 and when i add this "dofile('rep_system.lua')" to 050-function.lua, it mades like 100 000 errors... it cant load any stuff inside the 050-function.lua, any ideas?

EDIT: Problem solved, i didnt read proberly where the file should be located. Moved it to the right place and now its working proberly! REP++

Last edited:
This script is great but I have one problem...
Everything works great except one think, when i look at players with negative reputation ingame it says they are Avowed, on site it still says they are unknown cuz no1 on my ots have enought reputation to have any rank. So please tell me why it says players with -1 to -200 rep are Avowed when i look at them ingame?

You need to change this "{-299, 'Unknown (======|======)'}," to this "{0, 'Unknown (======|======)'},".

Well, I'll check out the entire script again then, to update to 5.1
@valhalla: unknown was designed to be from -299 to 299 ^^

Hello again! I got a problem with the mod, take a look at the erros:

Loading rep_system.xml...[Error - ScriptingManager::loadFromXml] Cannot load mod mods/rep_system.xml
Line: 1, Info: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

Now I'm using a Styller Yuorots 0.6.5

...guess I will have to stick that issue to main post
the problem is a space in the first line of the mod
Lua:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
^ must not have any space or letter before "<?xml"

Thnx! I had'nt noticed the space.hehe

Now it's working perfectly! ^_^

Last edited:
hey, HELP ME PLEASE
HAVE ERROR OT.EXE ;X
[25/04/2010 18:44:36] > Loading rep_system.xml...[Error - ScriptingManager::loadFromXml] Cannot load mod mods/rep_system.xml
[25/04/2010 18:44:36] Line: 1, Info: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

...guess I will have to stick that issue to main post
the problem is a space in the first line of the mod
Lua Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

^ must not have any space or letter before "<?xml"

hey, HELP ME PLEASE
HAVE ERROR OT.EXE ;X
<.< oh plz

Oh i just noticed that someone kind of abused this with open pvp arena(where you dont lose anything when you die, just tp to temple). Is there way to change that if you kill someone on that kind of area the would not lose/get reputation?

Oh i just noticed that someone kind of abused this with open pvp arena(where you dont lose anything when you die, just tp to temple). Is there way to change that if you kill someone on that kind of area the would not lose/get reputation?

Code:
//getTileInfo(pos)
    lua_register(m_luaState, "getTileInfo", LuaScriptInterface::luaGetTileInfo);

Lua:
--Cyber's REPutation System Rev5.0
local t = {
    [SKULL_WHITE] = 15,
    [SKULL_RED] = 30,
    [SKULL_BLACK] = 45,
    [SKULL_NONE] = -30,
    }

function onKill(cid, target, lastHit)
    if isPlayer(cid) and isPlayer(target) and not getTileInfo(getCreaturePosition(cid)).pvp then
        --THE KILLER
        if isInArray({0,3,4,5}, getCreatureSkullType(target)) then
            if getPlayerLevel(target) >= rep.pvpLevel and not isInArray(rep.skull, getCreatureSkullType(cid)) then
                doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), getCreatureSkullType(target) == 0 and '-REP' or '+REP', math.random(1,255))
                rep.set(cid, rep.getPoints(cid)+t[getCreatureSkullType(target)])
                doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, 20, 'You '.. (getCreatureSkullType(target) == 0 and 'lose' or 'gain') ..' reputation because you killed a player.')
            end
        end
        --THE VICTIM
        if rep.getPoints(target) == 0 then
            return true
        elseif rep.getPoints(target) > 0 then
            rep.remove(target, 5, TEXTCOLOR_RED)
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(target, 20, 'You lose reputation because you were killed by a player.')
        else
            rep.add(target, 5, TEXTCOLOR_LIGHTBLUE)
            doPlayerSendTextMessage(target, 20, 'You lose reputation because you were killed by a player.')
        end
    end
return true
end

If I add "Mod setup" do I also have to add "LUASetup" too?

Thanks, but where should i put this part?

:eek: but I gave you the script, that was only the function

repKill.lua
Lua:
  --Cyber's REPutation System Rev5.0
local t = {
    [SKULL_WHITE] = 15,
    [SKULL_RED] = 30,
    [SKULL_BLACK] = 45,
    [SKULL_NONE] = -30,
    }

function onKill(cid, target, lastHit)
    if isPlayer(cid) and isPlayer(target) and not getTileInfo(getCreaturePosition(cid)).pvp then
        --THE KILLER
        if isInArray({0,3,4,5}, getCreatureSkullType(target)) then
            if getPlayerLevel(target) >= rep.pvpLevel and not isInArray(rep.skull, getCreatureSkullType(cid)) then
                doSendAnimatedText(getCreaturePosition(cid), getCreatureSkullType(target) == 0 and '-REP' or '+REP', math.random(1,255))
                rep.set(cid, rep.getPoints(cid)+t[getCreatureSkullType(target)])
                doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, 20, 'You '.. (getCreatureSkullType(target) == 0 and 'lose' or 'gain') ..' reputation because you killed a player.')
            end
        end
        --THE VICTIM
        if rep.getPoints(target) == 0 then
            return true
        elseif rep.getPoints(target) > 0 then
            rep.remove(target, 5, TEXTCOLOR_RED)
        else
            rep.add(target, 5, TEXTCOLOR_LIGHTBLUE)
        end
    end
return true
end

:eek: but I gave you the script, that was only the function

Oh i though i should have putted the first code are too at somewhere
Code:
//getTileInfo(pos)
    lua_register(m_luaState, "getTileInfo", LuaScriptInterface::luaGetTileInfo);
But anyways its working now ! Thanks alot! REP++

EDIT: Oh i cant, "You must spread some reputation before giving it to Cybershot again!"...

Last edited:
I think there is a bug, because my OTServ has more good people than bad

bug? where? to fix it ^^

on my server kill the guy very much, and take good rep

well, I'll add a rep exhaust later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back