• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TalkAction (6.1) Cyber's REPSystem w/Opinion Points for 0.4 && mAAC

Is this the best reputation system?

• Yes.

Votes: 131 66.2%
  • No.

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • It's good but can be improved.

Votes: 37 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have tested the repdoor in my Server. but when i put the repdoor to negative rep Ex: rep = -300 , the script bug.

Sorry for the bad english, but the rep door to negative rep have bug.

you will make a Highscore to WebSite?

Error in highscores, i rename the script to reprank.lua, when i say !rank evil, appear this error in console and nothing happened in game.

[06/11/2009 18:44:06] data/lib/function.lua:952: attempt to concatenate a boolean value
[06/11/2009 18:44:06] stack traceback:
[06/11/2009 18:44:06] data/lib/function.lua:952: in function 'getRepPoints'
[06/11/2009 18:44:06] data/lib/function.lua:960: in function 'getRepRank'
[06/11/2009 18:44:06] data/talkactions/scripts/reprank.lua:23: in function <data/talkactions/scripts/reprank.lua:5>

Last edited:
@up
you didn't execute the sql query
Execute SQL Query (MySQL or SQLite)
ALTER TABLE `players` ADD `rep` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
I'll check the repdoor later, but it wasn't me who scripted it

i have tested the repdoor in my Server. but when i put the repdoor to negative rep Ex: rep = -300 , the script bug.

Sorry for the bad english, but the rep door to negative rep have bug.

this ought to work buddy, you should know that this requires math, basic ofc:$
Lua:
function onUse(cid, item, frompos, item2, topos)
local config = {
      repNeeded = -300
}

if getRepPoints(cid) <= config.repNeeded then
... etc etc etc

Cyber can you make a Rep highscores table for website?
It would be cool
Under the highscores table a table called Reputation Ranks
that would show the player reputation ranks.

yes i'm 60% of it :S i just need someone who knows good php like paxton
Nombre->Name, Puntos->Points, Rango->Rank :s still I got some errors as u see I would like someone good php knower to help me
ojjxo6.jpg

Last edited:
hey cyber, you know "YOU ARE THE MASTER", guy you can make a script Castle Invasion, like as Ragnarok(WOE - war of emperium)?

gimme link to see it

Ciber, dont forget the function to get reputation from targets :D

Castle System (My ideas for the system invasion castle)

1.By killing the Kristanium (Emperium the rag) you conquer the castle.
2.Kristanium is immune to magic, to make it difficult to be broken, and the player guild that cause more damage or give the last hit (an option), becomes owner of the castle, can also create a specific weapon to break the Kristanium can be called Kristanium Breaker.
3.When Kristanium die every player guild enemy are teleported.
4.Only people who have guilds can go to war.
5.The event lasts 2 hour.
6.Upon entering the castle you do not miss ANYTHING!
7.Only players with guild can enter the castle.
8.When Kristanium is broken, the players who are not in the guild broke Kristanium are teleported you out of the castle, and Kristanium is summoned again to be regained, and then the guild became owner of the castle have to defend it against the other guilds.
9.Guilds can ally with another Guild to Help in War.
10.Flags are outside the castle containing: Name of the Castle and the name of the guild now owns the castle where the castle is conquered by another guild's description of the Guild name change.
11.Highscores for the player to break more kristaniums, and guilds that have earned more castles, and a newsletter containing the names of all the castles on the server, and stating the name of the owners of these guilds castles.
12.The Castle has to be large, there should be walls surrounded the castle making it difficult to enter the Kristanium should be in the last room of the castle.

Well that's my idea for a system invasion of Castle.I think that not everything is possible, but since you're the guy, you can make really cool and creative =]

well, yes I got the resources to do all that, about the castle map I would like someone to do it for me therefore I would release that script..by the way I am working in three similar events like that but I won't make them public: TheLastStand, DeathMatch, Capture-The-flag

:( sorry that's somewhat hard for me know although I can give you two php highscores pages, just pm me. what I want is to separate the two highscore tables so but still can't get it, even though the two rep pages are fine
by the way, I will release this repsystem as a simple MOD file in a few hours, so it will be EASIER and more simple to handle lol just download the mod and you don't need to do all that lua programming xd

EDIT-> scripted system into 1 single MOD file, remember that not all 0.3s accept MOD system
if you are using old lua version and you plan to change to MOD,
UNDO EVERYTHING YOU DID WHEN INSTALLED THE SYSTEM EXCEPT SQL QUERY OFC
-remove repfunctions from lib/functions.lua
-remove repscripts from talkactions.xml
-remove repscripts from creaturescripts.xml
-remove rep registerevent lines from login.lua

Last edited:
great job. added it to my ot and works just great. <need to play around with !ranks had to change the command cause it would effect my current ranking system, so only thing left for me to figure out>

also curious about that guild war idea. played ro for years and they had a really fun system

Get rep from killing monsters doesn't work for me.

I installed "long way". Rest work great :)

@edit
in "fast wayt" doesn't work too :(

Last edited:
@up: I tested both ways and it has worked for everyone, maybe you didn't register the event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back