• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.1] Sion II

Randall

Reaction score
For old veterans...

Recently, I recalled the old days and remembered that I once backed up OpenTibia files. I found some old package, maybe one of you remembers it?
Unfortunately I won't even show you screenshoots because I don't have much time and I don't remember how to login to 7.1 servers. You probably have to write "host 127.0.0.1 port 7171" in the shortcut properties. I still have my old map files, if I can somehow configure the RME to open the old version.

Attachments

<off>shieeeet. wasnt this originaly infected?</off>

piece of history. if im right it was first server with house system realesed to public. with some other perks. if im right there is also funny map format, xml2, which theoretically allowed to have Z axis (in first release of Sion ropes etc. worked like a teleport after using on spots and were hardcoded).

i'd be careful with this arichve, better to run it on VM.

this name sounds oddly familiar. It's probably one of things that was in downloads back in ~2006/2007

I'm also very interested in screenshots

Wasn't there a Simone's that could load 7.1 maps?

edit: just found this .... not SURE IF SAFE
edit2: i think this only edits for ground level not multi level ....

Attachments

Last edited:
srry for double post ... got it running in VM

edit: as you can see, it is multi world 7.11606685938351.png
Post automatically merged:

another one ...
1606686192510.png

Attachments

Last edited:
wait, this isn't some early 7.1 engine. It has some lua scripts and interesting notes
(seller.lua)
Code:
-- sven, the bewitched bunny 
-- it's a sample script, i dont know lua well enough to 
-- make some fancy code 
-- the good thing is, that this scripts can easily be developed 
-- seperately from the main programm 
-- perhaps we should write some docu 

-- the id of the creature we are attacking, following, etc.

lol custom spells
1606686499094.png

err lol anyway here's the dll files you need in order to run old servers like this ... in case you can get a windows VM machine running, just need these files. i already bored :p (nothing is scanned, please be careful if you runthis executable ...)

Attachments

i could make it work for otbm from xml, but meh. not like anybody gonna play this XD

I could work on that if given enough support by community ... I don't think many people are interested in such an older distribution and willing to give back support in order for me to do something like that ... It's a pretty extensive project, also depends on which base being used and future involvement with project. Right now I am working with 8.7 because I can get more public, even though I much more prefer a 7.1 or 7.4 version. :)

I could work on that if given enough support by community ... I don't think many people are interested in such an older distribution and willing to give back support in order for me to do something like that ... It's a pretty extensive project, also depends on which base being used and future involvement with project. Right now I am working with 8.7 because I can get more public, even though I much more prefer a 7.1 or 7.4 version. :)
Probably not that many, currently hosting the leaked 7.7 tibia files, but even that is too new. I heard that modern hardware having issues running the 7.1 client, so even if we do get a good 7.1 engine, we probably need to pair it with an otclient!

Some day maybe, some day!

Probably not that many, currently hosting the leaked 7.7 tibia files, but even that is too new. I heard that modern hardware having issues running the 7.1 client, so even if we do get a good 7.1 engine, we probably need to pair it with an otclient!

Some day maybe, some day!
[TEST SERVER] Classicot.com - First 7.10 RealMap - Server Announcement ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (https://otland.net/threads/test-server-classicot-com-first-7-10-realmap-server-announcement.272928/#post-2637790) follow this

If you could let me know when you are releasing your server and client-files, that would be much appreciated! We are a close group of friends that enjoys nostlgia on our own terms, sometimes tinkering for fun.
Maybe offtopic, but you could pay for sources (given you are a group of friends with the ability to save up and pay for a product as adults) or even for a special server. Don't mean to be mean, just throwin' facts :)

Maybe offtopic, but you could pay for sources (given you are a group of friends with the ability to save up and pay for a product as adults) or even for a special server. Don't mean to be mean, just throwin' facts :)

We can without a doubt pay for a 7.1 engine that replicates the 7.1 times! I know a few here on the forums who would love such engine, so if you are up for the task, we'll be paying you to release spoken engine. Is it required for us to be adults to pay for such service?

Back