• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Have to add as well, the VERY RANDOM 100% cpu usage bug that tends to happen and forces a server reset without save, this one was a pain in the butt to handle, that is one of the causes Medivia RealOTS was shutdown.

Account IDs are generated on the account creation page if that's what you're asking, character IDs have a static ID compared to OTs, this ID is assigned to the creature ID once the player logs in, this character ID is referred to the user file instead of player name (old OT xml).

circles.dat stands for circles, spell circles, area of damage spells, etc ... remember CIP code is literally pure C, they were still moving to C++ slowly, that is why it's so performance-shit.
Cant be on the account creation page as the users table (account table) hasnt got any colum with account_id. Players do doe. I've implemented a feature that generates a unique account_id for every character and it works flawlessly as of now at least :)

Cant be on the account creation page as the users table (account table) hasnt got any colum with account_id. Players do doe. I've implemented a feature that generates a unique account_id for every character and it works flawlessly as of now at least :)

It's generated on the account page, not the database. Maybe it's an old database scheme, but for what I've gathered it goes for player IDs, not account IDs, in OTs you have this incremented value +1 each player creation, in CIPs original scheme could be the same but in an algorithm so no duplicates are made given the character IDs are static creature IDs you'd see in your client battle list ( e.g; any bot could save X player ID and it will always be the same no matter what ), in OT's it changes on login.

It's generated on the account page, not the database. Maybe it's an old database scheme, but for what I've gathered it goes for player IDs, not account IDs, in OTs you have this incremented value +1 each player creation, in CIPs original scheme could be the same but in an algorithm so no duplicates are made given the character IDs are static creature IDs you'd see in your client battle list ( e.g; any bot could save X player ID and it will always be the same no matter what ), in OT's it changes on login.
My players table have id, charname, account_nr, account_id and so on.
id is auto-incrementing, account_nr (is the actual loginnumber), and account_id is the unique number of the player. Users table have only id, login, passwd.
Everything saves and runs as it should when doing this.

I've been digging at this for an hour or so, and I'm able to get RME working but can't seem to find the file to load from this distribution. I'm mostly just interested in poking around at the map save, but I can't find the map.bin that it looks like you are using to view this. Any advice on where to look to get this working? Thanks!

My players table have id, charname, account_nr, account_id and so on.
id is auto-incrementing, account_nr (is the actual loginnumber), and account_id is the unique number of the player. Users table have only id, login, passwd.
Everything saves and runs as it should when doing this.

So again, your problem is ? Given account_id is basically the player ID (character id)

So again, your problem is ? Given account_id is basically the player ID (character id)
Nothing is the problem right now as I made it generate a unique number for each player. What I wanted to know what it was and if there was any needed logic behind the numbering other than being unique.

Nothing is the problem right now as I made it generate a unique number for each player. What I wanted to know what it was and if there was any needed logic behind the numbering other than being unique.

Pretty much, though I'm not sure how to apply a character ID logic, maybe start within 0x1000000 range (over millions of thousands of players), since monsters/npcs have a start ID of 0x4000000 in the server core :p

Pretty much, though I'm not sure how to apply a character ID logic, maybe start within 0x1000000 range (over millions of thousands of players), since monsters/npcs have a start ID of 0x4000000 in the server core :p
Oh okay, I see! The only logic I've noticed so far, is that the last two numbers determents the usr folder. If a player has "5423212" the player get saved in folder 12. Idk why but that's what I've noticed :p

Oh okay, I see! The only logic I've noticed so far, is that the last two numbers determents the usr folder. If a player has "5423212" the player get saved in folder 12. Idk why but that's what I've noticed :p

I think it's a Modulo Operation, say Character ID % 100 maybe.

Have to add as well, the VERY RANDOM 100% cpu usage bug that tends to happen and forces a server reset without save, this one was a pain in the butt to handle, that is one of the causes Medivia RealOTS was shutdown.

Bug or game weakness?

Unless the original one is released, you have to make your own or modify an existing one.
sort of what I figured...

what about the reboot-daily executable? I don't get any output when I try to use it. but when I ctrl+c the server, it starts back up in the background.

Back