• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin)

Toor

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Community,

TL;DR: tibia-game.tarball.tar (https://www.mediafire.com/file/4v8kulk4nfg0hgc/tibia-game.tarball.tar.gz/file)

I've uploaded the entire Cipsoft distribution, available at the link below. The tarball is the original tarball that was transferred from the Zanera game world to my Redhat workstation, over a decade ago. All files are untouched and offers you a genuine look into history. Everything is original, including the game binary.

For those who have already downloaded the modified distribution this offers little new, other than that the binaries are unmodified (including the EXP/regen rates in the game server binary), NPCs are 100% original, and the monster loot is exactly how it should be.

This release also exposes that some quests of which I have always maintained were solvable are in fact not. I said so because hope is always the last thing to die. Hope brings life.

Having said that I want to shortly address the history about the origin of the files. They were obtained when a social engineering attack escalated into a root compromise of nearly all the US servers and at least one German server. There was no sorcery involved.

SimOne was the first third party to have the complete distribution. Remere the second, although possibly only in part. Talaturen (aka Mark) had some of the NPC files. Ryan offered me 5K for the distribution, but it never came to a deal.

After RealOTS came to an end I befriended Iryont. First I gave him all the correct strings and positions for books, and later on I decided I liked him enough to give him the full distribution for free. He improved Tibianic a lot by assimilating the data into his server. Ezzz also has the full distribution as he's passionate about Tibia, and wished to use it to learn from it. The distribution also changed hands two or three times.

Given the wide spread leak of the files and the inaccuracies that have been left unchallenged I felt the need to address the above and to release the original tarball to the community. It's for educational purposes only. There's no query manager (Credits to SimOne to write the initial basic QM) and no login server. If you want to get this to work, there's other threads and people you can turn to for assistance.

Back in my Tibia playing days I was the only person that knew you could exchange life crystals for life rings. I told two other players, whom I considered friends. Within a week the 'secret' was sold by the highest levels on the server for 750K. I then decided to post the solution of the life crystal 'quest' on the Wiki (Erig's site I believe) and within a week or two it was known throughout the entire Tibia universe. Moral of the story: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

The link is here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! I have been eager to see and play the real thing, without modifications. In the future, if i got the time, i may write a special app to translate the real map into a opentibia map. I think it will improve a lot the quality of the old schools servers and no one now can have excuses to not having the real actions/quests/map/npcs.

did they ever contact/threaten/prepare any lawsuits against you while they finally got aware of what you did?
how long did it take before they noticed that you had acces to their servers?

Great! I have been eager to see and play the real thing, without modifications. In the future, if i got the time, i may write a special app to translate the real map into a opentibia map. I think it will improve a lot the quality of the old schools servers and no one now can have excuses to not having the real actions/quests/map/npcs.

The OTBM that was released almost 10 years ago was my first conversion attempt. SimOne modified RME for that purpose, though some things were lost in translation. Developers such as Ezzz and Iryont made succesful full conversions before.

did they ever contact/threaten/prepare any lawsuits against you while they finally got aware of what you did?
how long did it take before they noticed that you had acces to their servers?

They never did. Initially, during our negotiation for the terms to get away with it without consequence, Durin proposed to send me a legal agreement that I had to sign but he never did. As they allowed running and distribution of the files for such a long time (with them being aware of it) they lost legal ground to sue. That doesn't mean the files are public domain now, but you do have to actively enforce rights in order to be able to protect it from infringement later on.

@GOD Willie: And it took them 3 days. It took me two days to figure out that NPCs were only loaded after each server save. Exevo gran mas reset on day 3 :(

Community,

TL;DR: https://mega.nz/#!QtQ0SQ6J!5UygYGF2xfUBNn13ww6ilWdIJEEG6n24O81iEyEbRdU

I've uploaded the entire Cipsoft distribution, available at the link below. The tarball is the original tarball that was transferred from the Zanera game world to my Redhat workstation, over a decade ago. All files are untouched and offers you a genuine look into history. Everything is original, including the game binary.

For those who have already downloaded the modified distribution this offers little new, other than that the binaries are unmodified (including the EXP/regen rates in the game server binary), NPCs are 100% original, and the monster loot is exactly how it should be.

This release also exposes that some quests of which I have always maintained were solvable are in fact not. I said so because hope is always the last thing to die. Hope brings life.

Having said that I want to shortly address the history about the origin of the files. They were obtained when a social engineering attack escalated into a root compromise of nearly all the US servers and at least one German server. There was no sorcery involved.

SimOne was the first third party to have the complete distribution. Remere the second, although possibly only in part. Talaturen (aka Mark) had some of the NPC files. Ryan offered me 5K for the distribution, but it never came to a deal.

After RealOTS came to an end I befriended Iryont. First I gave him all the correct strings and positions for books, and later on I decided I liked him enough to give him the full distribution for free. He improved Tibianic a lot by assimilating the data into his server. Ezzz also has the full distribution as he's passionate about Tibia, and wished to use it to learn from it. The distribution also changed hands two or three times.

Given the wide spread leak of the files and the inaccuracies that have been left unchallenged I felt the need to address the above and to release the original tarball to the community. It's for educational purposes only. There's no query manager (Credits to SimOne to write the initial basic QM) and no login server. If you want to get this to work, there's other threads and people you can turn to for assistance.

Back in my Tibia playing days I was the only person that knew you could exchange life crystals for life rings. I told two other players, whom I considered friends. Within a week the 'secret' was sold by the highest levels on the server for 750K. I then decided to post the solution of the life crystal 'quest' on the Wiki (Erig's site I believe) and within a week or two it was known throughout the entire Tibia universe. Moral of the story: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

The link is here:

https://mega.nz/#!QtQ0SQ6J!5UygYGF2xfUBNn13ww6ilWdIJEEG6n24O81iEyEbRdU
Cool files :cool::cool::cool:

@GOD Willie: And it took them 3 days. It took me two days to figure out that NPCs were only loaded after each server save. Exevo gran mas reset on day 3 :(
did you do anything suspicious(like modifying lots of files), or how would they even manage to know after 3 days only? unless if they check logs every now and then, but meh who does that even, just for a few updated file timestamps?

but also, if it only took 2 days as you mentioned, doesnt that mean that you could've exploited in something at the NPCs as for day 3?

and lastly where did you even get the idea of hacking them by social engineering? did you actually believe it would work? from first thought it sounds more like a bet with a friend during a boring rainy day
but then again, i have no idea how much you prepared for it:p

sorry if i'm getting nosey or if i somehow put you at risk in some way, i am just curious

In case anyone's wondering whats up with all these weird coded files, and the structure of the game server itself, the time these files were hjacked, CIP was transitioning their game server code from C to C++

did you do anything suspicious(like modifying lots of files), or how would they even manage to know after 3 days only? unless if they check logs every now and then, but meh who does that even, just for a few updated file timestamps?

but also, if it only took 2 days as you mentioned, doesnt that mean that you could've exploited in something at the NPCs as for day 3?

and lastly where did you even get the idea of hacking them by social engineering? did you actually believe it would work? from first thought it sounds more like a bet with a friend during a boring rainy day
but then again, i have no idea how much you prepared for it:p

sorry if i'm getting nosey or if i somehow put you at risk in some way, i am just curious

If I can recall, he had made a NPC to give out items and gold, hence the reset 3 days after.
CIP files log even what NPCs give to players.

since this files finally got released I think there is many people that wanna check them out.. A tutorial on how to run them would be highly appreciated. I guess im not the only one that would it but the whole community that isn't so familiar with other OS and stuff like that!

This is very nice I hope we have new Realots soon, Thanks for give this to community, appreciate

Just wondering too... Did u get a lot of money/profit ingame before they catch you? And your idea to create Realots was after taking the files that came to your mind or the whole hacking process was to get the files to make your own server and profit?:p Just wondering no need to answer but always been very curious

download doesn't work for me, appreciate if someone could reupload it somewere else, appreciate that you share this with us

This is very nice I hope we have new Realots soon, Thanks for give this to community, appreciate

Just wondering too... Did u get a lot of money/profit ingame before they catch you? And your idea to create Realots was after taking the files that came to your mind or the whole hacking process was to get the files to make your own server and profit?:p Just wondering no need to answer but always been very curious

He was making around 2k Euro month during the early phases of RealOTS.
There is no actual point to try and steal a game server files, it's something that you do when you get the opportunity, you honestly don't think about what are you going to do when you get the files, it's something that comes up later on.

darkmonk.mon is touched :D

You think mon files to have the same timestamp? CIP could have easily made some changes to this one in particular. These files are virgin ones taken directly from Zanera right after Dennis got access to the server, literal the same tarbal he used to transfer the game server.

Unfortunately, he couldn't access Root in the source server :(

@Ezzz is necessary compile libpthread, libm, libgcc etc in old glic? or new libs working ?

And text file for player in usr folder? is necessary create manualy this file or gameserver create? example i have one player with id 1234567, in folder 67 is necessary file 1234567.usr. Gameserver create this file or no?

Back