• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.x] Guilcera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds nice. All I hope for is that there is no stupid level req for gear and not lvl 45 etc to make SD's.
Level requirement for spells as of version 7.6 will probably happen, with the high exp rate would be too easy to make farms of makers and this is not intended to happen. By normaly playing you would be reaching level 45 really fast, and with runes also at disposal with npcs and quests you won't need to afk/macro manasit to get runes. The whole system is thought so there is no stupid grind, and boring mechanics like the NEED of afk mana sitting to be able to play are not there.

Regarding gear, only level requirement present are from wands/rods.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Anyway, 7.6 didnt have lvl 45 for sds :p

My advice

Keep the server Low Rate

1-50 = 8x
51-100=4x
101+= 1,5x

* With this stages people would get bored being lvl 30 forever and wouldnt get bored reaching lvl 200 in 3 months ( wich should be done in like 6 months by a serious powergammer and in like 1,5 years for a normal player )

Quests : You should have around 20 quests for lvl 20-, around 20 quests to lvl 21-50, and around 20 quests to lvl 51-80 .

Tasks : a lvl 8 player should have at least 5 tasks to finish..including rots, dwarfs, trolls, orcs ,elfs and globins.

A lvl 20 player should have at least 5 tasks to finish...incouding cyclops, dwarfs soldiers, carryom rots, amazons, scarabs etc .

A lvl 50 player should have necros, dragons, ancient scarabs, etc

A lvl 85+ player should have hero, black knights, dragon lords, hydras ( depending on your version) giant spiders .

A lvl 100+ should be able to kill warlocks, behemoths, demons etc .

The rewards should be not edited items and must be logical . For example : after finish dragon lords task you should receive a royal helmet and 5 platinum coins . After finish the warlocks task you should receive a golden armor or ring of the sky and 10 platinum coins . After finish the demon task you should receive 1 golden legs and 6,666,666 exp ( you must kill 6666 demons ) .

The tasks must be hard to finish . You must force the player to spent some time playing in order to finish it .

Dragon task = 2000 dragons
Dragon lord = 1000 dragons
Warlocks = 3000 warlocks
Demons = 6666 demons

etc

You must have a RPG website with some interesting features like powergammers, last kills, achievemets rank, forum, events, polls, screensaves, videos, interviews and articles .

Your map should have deserts, artic, swamp, jungle in the same proportion has our planet . I eman, dont make a super big desert or swamp .

The loot system must be medium/high perhaps 3x because we need players here and at first they will come without team so it will be hard to profit with low rate loot and therefore hard to keep playing .

Players should be allowed to travel but it should not be free . But it should not be has expensive has it is on global tibia . A ship from thais to venore ( or your main cities ) should cost 10 gp ( just to give some rpg feeling without force the players to hunt 10 minutes just to travel )

The donate system must include only : rashid and djiins quests, blessings can be bough in one npc and costs 1k more, premmium time .

What features should have the premmium time ? exp bonus :)

Every day if you are premmium you will have 2 h with 20% more bonus exp, this will make the players want to donate and wil allow the Owner of the Ot to pay for the best hoster with several servers just like shadowcores and the server will not die after firstw ave of ddos attacks .

How much should it costs ? 7.5 euros . Or 0.25 cents per day each month .
There should be a premmium scroll and it must be buyable in game aswell has in website.

No vip cities
No vip items
No orsha raids every 2 days
No lags, no crashes and no rollbacks

and if you need a gm i am here, i can speak english portuguese and spanish

Last edited:
My advice
Keep the server Low Rate

1-50 = 8x
51-100=4x
101+= 1,5x

* With this stages people would get bored being lvl 30 forever and wouldnt get bored reaching lvl 200 in 3 months ( wich should be done in like 6 months by a serious powergammer and in like 1,5 years for a normal player )

Quests : You should have around 20 quests for lvl 20-, around 20 quests to lvl 21-50, and around 20 quests to lvl 51-80 .

Tasks : a lvl 8 player should have at least 5 tasks to finish..including rots, dwarfs, trolls, orcs ,elfs and globins.

A lvl 20 player should have at least 5 tasks to finish...incouding cyclops, dwarfs soldiers, carryom rots, amazons, scarabs etc .

A lvl 50 player should have necros, dragons, ancient scarabs, etc

A lvl 85+ player should have hero, black knights, dragon lords, hydras ( depending on your version) giant spiders .

A lvl 100+ should be able to kill warlocks, behemoths, demons etc .

The rewards should be not edited items and must be logical . For example : after finish dragon lords task you should receive a royal helmet and 5 platinum coins . After finish the warlocks task you should receive a golden armor or ring of the sky and 10 platinum coins . After finish the demon task you should receive 1 golden legs and 6,666,666 exp ( you must kill 6666 demons ) .

The tasks must be hard to finish . You must force the player to spent some time playing in order to finish it .

Dragon task = 2000 dragons
Dragon lord = 1000 dragons
Warlocks = 3000 warlocks
Demons = 6666 demons

etc

You must have a RPG website with some interesting features like powergammers, last kills, achievemets rank, forum, events, polls, screensaves, videos, interviews and articles .

Your map should have deserts, artic, swamp, jungle in the same proportion has our planet . I eman, dont make a super big desert or swamp .

The loot system must be medium/high perhaps 3x because we need players here and at first they will come without team so it will be hard to profit with low rate loot and therefore hard to keep playing .

Players should be allowed to travel but it should not be free . But it should not be has expensive has it is on global tibia . A ship from thais to venore ( or your main cities ) should cost 10 gp ( just to give some rpg feeling without force the players to hunt 10 minutes just to travel )

The donate system must include only : rashid and djiins quests, blessings can be bough in one npc and costs 1k more, premmium time .

What features should have the premmium time ? exp bonus :)

Every day if you are premmium you will have 2 h with 20% more bonus exp, this will make the players want to donate and wil allow the Owner of the Ot to pay for the best hoster with several servers just like shadowcores and the server will not die after firstw ave of ddos attacks .

How much should it costs ? 7.5 euros . Or 0.25 cents per day each month .
There should be a premmium scroll and it must be buyable in game aswell has in website.

No vip cities
No vip items
No orsha raids every 2 days
No lags, no crashes and no rollbacks

and if you need a gm i am here, i can speak english portuguese and spanish

Overall I like your ideas, but your concept is not what i'm pursuiting here. There are a lot of different ways you can build a server and a great number of them can succeed, because there are different people and each person want something different from the game. That being said, I want feedback concerning the actual proposal, slightly ajustments to it, or some bad consequenses of it's implementation being pointed out. Not some complete overhaul to turn it into something else.

Wanna have framework Website? PM me if ur intrested :)
Can you be more specific?

Back using this thread as a blog, try to help motivate myself to keep doing it despite my slowness.

Changed my mind about using only old sprites, being able to work with new ones will make easier to use parts from all the amazing maps the were made available by the community, also ObjectBuilder aren't updated yet to work with 10.76, and I'm using 10.76 and TFS 1.1 now. I converted some maps to 10.76 and also Guilcera map, and was setting it up, I have 7.7 monsters converted from leaked files functional with TFS 1.1 10.76, have been fixing some issues to make what I have already (not much) to work with TFS 1.1. Also worked a little in the website, changed some typography, removed some unused code. I also made a logo that I'm finally happy with. The logo, a preview from website and current minimap in the spoiler.

I'm now writing some quests, next step is to make main city, add some basics npcs and add 7.x spell system (that would be easy, already tested).

zlQM42U.png

JcIx9VZ.gif

UxksKRO.png

Last edited:
I've made some slow progress in last month. The website works despite missing some features and some pages not set to work with the current layout, a preview is up here http://peonso.co.nf/guilcera. Spell system is working as 7.x era, 2sec exhausted after attack spells, 1sec exhausted after anything else. I changed all attack spells (runes and instants) for old formulas and effects, will be easy to end it once I go for healing/support/conjure ones. Main background story is done now. I've also worked in the main city, Pensa.

kOvr366.png

I'm probably moving back to 10.41, this one, rev 660 at nightlies.otland.net, it's the last commit before changing protocol to 10.76. My point is to be able to use ObjectBuilder, as the discussions are indicating it won't be updated any time soon, and I want to work with sprites from 7.x: items, player outfits, spells effects and maybe monsters outfits.

Hope next month I make a post with those things done:
  • Pensa city map
  • Everything converted back to 10.41
  • Spell system
  • Pensa NPCs
  • 7.x sprites

Last edited:
awww, too bad you ain't keeping it oldschool 7.4/7.7, looked great
The gameplay will be from 7.4/7.7, I will just replicate it with 10.41 client. Not really oldschool, since new graphics will be present.

So I can use ObjectBuilder, since no one will update it to 10.77 anytime soon. The whole point still to mimic 7.x gameplay, but I'm using 10.41 client (for easy exp share, quest log, modal window and more).

So I can use ObjectBuilder, since no one will update it to 10.77 anytime soon. The whole point still to mimic 7.x gameplay, but I'm using 10.41 client (for easy exp share, quest log, modal window and more).
best idea

so you will also be using 7.~ sprites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back