• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

8.6 from scratch and have few questions

Innovation

Reaction score
I wanna try and make 8.6, the last few days I've been learning how this all works but some things are still not the clearest to me... So I have a few questions:

1. Which is the best server/packet (however it's called) to start your standard 8.6 real map server. There are millions of servers in the download section of the forum. I would hate to download one spend 1 month on fixing it just to find out there was already better version.

2. Does elfbot work with otclient if its 8.6 version i wanna run?

3. Can cipsoft 8.6 client that supports elfbot also support retro outfit, custom/new monsters etc?

So bottom line can you make 8.6 server that has some additiona like retro outfits/mounts but also still supports elfbot?

no, elfbot works only on cip client

yes

additional outfits, yes. mount system, no.
but that all in limit 65k of sprites and when break this limit you need .dll and elfbott don't work with .dll
and with max outfit 25 outfit but you can open this limit

but that all in limit 65k of sprites and when break this limit you need .dll and elfbott don't work with .dll
You don't certainly need a DLL to break these limits. Just extend your files (dat/spr) in ObjectBuilder and edit the client executable to read them (4 bytes instead of 2); There's many ways to reach this last one, but can't elaborate right now.

EDIT: Found this 8.6 client someone posted with already modified bytes: here

no, elfbot works only on cip client

yes

additional outfits, yes. mount system, no.
What's best data pack to download to start my journey? I am not looking to make some groundbreaking stuff, more like have some fun, learn along the way about all this and play with few of my discord friends in the beggining

this information actually made me sad, my ot was half way done and the only thing that worked to extend the sprites limit is that dll... but I had no idea it would make elf bot to not work... (yes, I've tried other options but none worked, always get error could not load Tibia.spr), I've already edited so much stuff on my client 😭

this information actually made me sad, my ot was half way done and the only thing that worked to extend the sprites limit is that dll... but I had no idea it would make elf bot to not work... (yes, I've tried other options but none worked, always get error could not load Tibia.spr), I've already edited so much stuff on my client 😭
how I can connect with you I can't send a message to you

while you are crying to do something that you cant use elfbot for me will be a pleasure to take a ot 8.6 without bots. Im doing a war server 8.6 and im looking for the old addons (not outfits because i already got them) to put on my ot and trying to do a client that dont allow bots.

while you are crying to do something that you cant use elfbot for me will be a pleasure to take a ot 8.6 without bots. Im doing a war server 8.6 and im looking for the old addons (not outfits because i already got them) to put on my ot and trying to do a client that dont allow bots.
sorry but the whole point (to me) of using 8.6 is to allow botting, specially because of the big "player" base that loves elfbot, but for you, if you want the 8.6 feeling and want to block at least elfbot to work, just use client 8.7, its almost the same thing, but with mounts and elfbot doesn't work on it...

PS: yes I hate bot/ting, but my ot is not for me, but for players...

sorry but the whole point (to me) of using 8.6 is to allow botting, specially because of the big "player" base that loves elfbot, but for you, if you want the 8.6 feeling and want to block at least elfbot to work, just use client 8.7, its almost the same thing, but with mounts and elfbot doesn't work on it...

PS: yes I hate bot/ting, but my ot is not for me, but for players...
Yes, but im doing a war server with some sprites modified for a old feeling and without hk so 8.7 isnt something that i'll use this time

You don't certainly need a DLL to break these limits. Just extend your files (dat/spr) in ObjectBuilder and edit the client executable to read them (4 bytes instead of 2); There's many ways to reach this last one, but can't elaborate right now.

EDIT: Found this 8.6 client someone posted with already modified bytes: here
is there any tutorial to do that? i already tried sharingan's tutorial but it doesn't work for me ;/

Back