• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.6] Problem with OTB version

dnmk

Reaction score
Hi.
I am working on Emporia 8.6 data pack released here a long ago by Ceejzor. I am not fully familiar with OT, dont even know why there is "compiling" and not .exe everywhere. I was familiar with everything back in 8.1 and XML times, but now a lot of things has changed. Back to the topic:
The Data Pack has "Optimized items.otb and items.xml with almost all the items!" but thats what gives me the problem.
First of all as I havent been yet able to test it myself, there was an OTB difference between 8.6 in RME and the data pack, which caused various bugs around the map so I solved it by moving the otb from the data pack to the RME. But here is my first question:
Will it work with all current 8.6 that you can download or will players see the bugs again?
Then there is another question, will it even work with TFS 1.5 Downgrade 8.6? Thats what im aiming for using with this data pack, back then they recommended 0.4 but thats old.
And the main problem that made me come here is with ItemEditor. I want to create and customise some items, but i cannot open my items.otb with any available 8.6 clients to get, because it seems that my otb version is 19, while it should be 20 i guess.
2023-06-05 09_42_32-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT.png
Is there a possibility to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

Also here is the items.otb from the datapack

Attachments

Hi.
I am working on Emporia 8.6 data pack released here a long ago by Ceejzor. I am not fully familiar with OT, dont even know why there is "compiling" and not .exe everywhere. I was familiar with everything back in 8.1 and XML times, but now a lot of things has changed. Back to the topic:
The Data Pack has "Optimized items.otb and items.xml with almost all the items!" but thats what gives me the problem.
First of all as I havent been yet able to test it myself, there was an OTB difference between 8.6 in RME and the data pack, which caused various bugs around the map so I solved it by moving the otb from the data pack to the RME. But here is my first question:
Will it work with all current 8.6 that you can download or will players see the bugs again?
Then there is another question, will it even work with TFS 1.5 Downgrade 8.6? Thats what im aiming for using with this data pack, back then they recommended 0.4 but thats old.
And the main problem that made me come here is with ItemEditor. I want to create and customise some items, but i cannot open my items.otb with any available 8.6 clients to get, because it seems that my otb version is 19, while it should be 20 i guess.
View attachment 75988
Is there a possibility to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

Also here is the items.otb from the datapack

check attached file its your items.otb on v20 Tibia 8.60 v2:

Attachments

The best you can do it to go to Remere's Map Editor, hit "File", "Import" and then "Import Map". Be sure that you're working with TFS 1.5 downgrade items.otbm otherwise this won't be a good practice (the items.otb that comes with that datapack is deprecated and you should'nt use it).

Then go to "Map", and hit "Cleanup..." to remove every invalid tile from map. From this, you got a clean good starting point to start making your server. Your goal is to manually fix every invalid tile that got deleted by "Cleanup" tool, also go to "Edit", and hit "Find on Map", then "Find Everything", to start investigating what is this datapack about.

What I suggest is to study which action IDS and unique IDS the map has, this way, you can easily know which script is associated with what piece of map and start crafting your new TFS 1.5 downgrades datapack. If is there any doubt, don't hesitate to answer, hope this helps you!

check attached file its your items.otb on v20 Tibia 8.60 v2:
This works aswell, but as I said is a bad practice. Don't use deprecated tools to craft a 2023 server, only use resources that are up-to-date.
Regards ^^

The best you can do it to go to Remere's Map Editor, hit "File", "Import" and then "Import Map". Be sure that you're working with TFS 1.5 downgrade items.otbm otherwise this won't be a good practice (the items.otb that comes with that datapack is deprecated and you should'nt use it).

Then go to "Map", and hit "Cleanup..." to remove every invalid tile from map. From this, you got a clean good starting point to start making your server. Your goal is to manually fix every invalid tile that got deleted by "Cleanup" tool, also go to "Edit", and hit "Find on Map", then "Find Everything", to start investigating what is this datapack about.

What I suggest is to study which action IDS and unique IDS the map has, this way, you can easily know which script is associated with what piece of map and start crafting your new TFS 1.5 downgrades datapack. If is there any doubt, don't hesitate to answer, hope this helps you!

This works aswell, but as I said is a bad practice. Don't use deprecated tools to craft a 2023 server, only use resources that are up-to-date.
Regards ^^
I'm so sorry that HxD Hex Editor is a deprecated tool :(

I apologize I will not do it again.
runs away crying~

Back