• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] Almyria Online - Development Thread

Apollos

Dude who does stuff
Solutions
Reaction score
header.png

Welcome to Almyria Online, a private Tibia server that aims to bring classic nostalgia with a modern twist. Here's what you need to know:

General Info:

We're running on Tibia 8.60, and you won't need a custom client. Use your favorite Tibia client to play. Our map integrates OTLand's most nostalgic maps; Evolutions, Yurots, and Armonia as neighboring continents. We've re-imagined and re-mapped all cities and spawns to meet modern OT server standards, providing a fresh experience.

Server Rates:

As of now the current rates are as follows:

Experience: 10x
Skills: 10x
Magic: 10x
Loot: 3x

About the Server:

Almyria Online is a new private Tibia server developed by me, with significant mapping contributions by @Levi999x . After a few years in development on and off, I'm finally ready to start releasing it to the public.

Our goal is to create an open and relaxed atmosphere where we can explore new features with the community. Your ideas and feedback are valued, and we're committed to making this a fun experience for everyone.​

Here's a few examples of content we've added so far:

Unique and Nostalgic Quests
Updated Spell Visuals
Autoloot System
Global Boss Events
Enhanced Item Descriptions
Monster Levels with Adaptive Loot System
Innovative Travel System
Item Abilities
NPC Suggested Quests and Hunting Spots
Hourly Purchasable Random Ability Items
Task System
Player Title System
Advanced Gambling

Join us at Almyria Online, where classic meets modern in the world of Tibia. We are currently in the development phase, but feel free to join and play as we continue to make updates. Keep in mind that once the beta phase begins, all characters will be reset, but all alpha contributors will be given unique in-game benefits that will carry on to beta and version release.

Have questions or suggestions? Feel free to share.

Join our discord

almyria_title.png

minimap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Questing in Almyria Online:

quests.png

In Almyria Online, our approach to questing is a blend of nostalgia and fresh experiences. We've taken the classic 8.6 Tibia quests, those treasured adventures you may have embarked on countless times, and given them a new twist to keep you engaged and excited.

As you step into our world, you'll find quests that carry the essence of the originals you know and love. The familiar creatures, items, and objectives provide a warm sense of nostalgia. But we've added surprises, challenges, and story developments to these quests. New puzzles, hidden secrets, and unique encounters ensure that you're never stuck in the same old routine. Even if you're a seasoned Tibia player, our quests provide fresh opportunities for exploration and unexpected discoveries.

So, if you're looking for a questing adventure that bridges the gap between the comfort of the familiar and the thrill of the unknown, Almyria Online is the place to be. Join us in a world where classic meets modern, and questing is not just a task but a truly engaging adventure that keeps you excited at every turn.

Last edited:
I think you should go with custom classes, spells, monsters and items, maybe D&D inspired. (No need for new graphics)

Otherwise it's the same as every other 8.6 server out there even if you've ported the YurOTS and Evolutions maps.

A fresh experience would be nice.
Just be smart about how you want player donations to work since players are much less lenient on OT purchases due to all those sh*t servers that scammed the hell out of the community. (Realera or whatever it was called that was constantly relaunched under different names for example)

Last edited:
I think you should go with custom classes, spells, monsters and items, maybe D&D inspired. (No need for new graphics)

Otherwise it's the same as every other 8.6 server out there even if you've ported the YurOTS and Evolutions maps.

A fresh experience would be nice.
Just be smart about how you want player donations to work since players are much less lenient on OT purchases due to all those sh*t servers that scammed the hell out of the community. (Realera or whatever it was called that was constantly relaunched under different names for example)
Thanks for the feedback, I agree completely.

So far it's very similar to real 8.6 tibia when it comes to core mechanics, balancing and spells. However there is a lot of unique content that along with my coding perfectionism, I think sets it apart from other servers. I don't plan to add any assets outside of base 8.6 since I don't want the need for a custom client. I've been thinking lately that I would like to have one re-birthing option with a large quest involved and once you rebirth then I can open the possibilities of new spells, monsters spawns, completely custom quests and item rewards.

As of now I have no need for donations, I really just enjoy working on the project and working with the community. If the server ever became something beyond what I expect and donations become useful for progress then I'll revisit that at that time.

Unique auto-looting in Almyria Online:

Screenshot 2023-11-07 203045.png

You might be familiar with this auto-looting system. By taking advantage of the Tibia house list window, you can specify what you want to loot and where it should go. For example, within the house list window, type 'gold coin, blue backpack,' and all gold coins will be automatically looted into a blue backpack if one is in your inventory. You also have the option of setting the destination to ‘any’ and the system will put it anywhere in your inventory.

What sets our system apart from the rest is the all-new memory system. By typing 'memory, brown backpack' into the house list window, it remembers items you pick up and auto-loots them into a brown backpack if available. If you decide you no longer want to auto-loot a particular item, just toss it out of your backpack, and the memory system will promptly forget it.

We want to hear your thoughts and any suggestions you might have. Join the discussion, test our system on Almyria Online, and let us know what you think.

Last edited:
Updated Spell Visuals:

d45cd89828d493982592b77b96d4f626.gif

In Almyria Online, we've given our spells a fresh look – nothing too fancy, just a bit more eye-catching. Don't fret, though; the core mechanics remain the same and damage still happens instantaneously. You'll notice the change when casting any AoE spells. It's just one of the small tweaks that make playing in Almyria something special. Come check it out in-game and let us know your thoughts!

Enhanced Item Descriptions:

Screenshot 2023-11-30 114832.pngScreenshot 2023-11-30 115108.pngScreenshot 2023-11-30 114654.png

In Almyria Online, we've introduced advanced on-look descriptions to enhance your game play experience. Now, when you inspect items, you'll not only see their price but also the price per ounce, allowing you to make informed decisions about the loot's value. Additionally, our advanced system displays food regeneration details, helping you choose the most efficient sustenance. Furthermore, we've added other simpler features like corpse ownership and summon ownership. These are just a glimpse of the many quality-of-life additions that make Almyria Online a unique and player-friendly environment. Feel free to explore them in-game and give your opinions!

Last edited:
I know Levi you didn't like me, but i like your maps and this project, keep up ! :)

Website Sneak Preview

website_sneak_peak.png

Here's an early preview of our new website design. Tons of credit to Tastytoast who created the design. Plans are to include things like web based marketplace (compatible with unique ability items), bounty system and more! If you have any suggestions for unique web systems to add please give your opinions!

Also if you would like to join the conversation more on the server progress, join the discord (link in original post).

Task System Re-haul

Screenshot 2024-01-21 003425.png

Players now have the freedom to hunt any monster that exists on the map, tailoring their tasks to their preferences. Slay 100 of your chosen creatures to trigger a battle with a mini-boss version. These boosted bosses possess increased attack, defense, health, speed, and experience. Defeating the mini-boss guarantees a drop of 1-3 ability items (if applicable to the creature's loot table). Plus, afterwards you can claim your experience or item rewards along with task career points from the task NPC. Task career points are designed for you to start with tasks within your current rank and work your way up! Complete tasks to advance through the ranks, unlocking even more challenging and rewarding opportunities.

Item Abilities

output-onlinetools(3)(1).png

In the realm of Almyria, we've introduced a dynamic item ability system that adds depth and excitement to your loot and quest items. Currently, we offer a diverse range of abilities applicable to all items, categorized into tiers such as uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, and mythic. The classification is based on both the quantity of abilities and their individual strengths, providing a comprehensive spectrum of enhancements. It's essential to note that our item ability system is entirely original, crafted from the ground up to bring a unique and engaging experience to players. We encourage our community to share their suggestions, as we are constantly exploring new ideas to expand and enhance the system. Join our Discord channel to be part of the conversation, where your feedback matters and contributes to the evolution of Almyria's gaming experience.

Custom Client

image.png

Lots of new things happening with Almyria. I decided to finally add a custom client, it has a lot of great features so far and I plan to continue adding more. Current features include modules all replicating classic 8.60 client, travel module replacing the travel talkaction, item ability rarity frames, emoticons, bbcode colored text (you can type your own in color) and much more QoL additions.

We also are officially moving into beta phase and the server was posted on otservlist. If you're at all interested, join our discord or visit our website and come test. The beta test phase will be an extended test phase so you won't have to worry about losing your progress for a while.

Back