• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

(8.60) Low exp real map?

Would you play a lowrate 8.60 realmap?

• Yes

• No

• Depends (Answer in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jompi

A hoagie in disguise.
Solutions
Reaction score
So I recently got back into OT and I have been thinking about what server to work on.

I have seen that 8.60 and 7.40 real maps are really popular, though it seems that the 7.40 servers are more popular as low exp when 8.60 servers are more popular when they are high rated.

I might have it wrong, It's just what I have noticed.

So my question is - Do anyone think that a lowrate 8.60 realmap server would be popular?

Or do people prefer lowrate on 7.40 server?

8.6 real map lowrate could be nice. But its not nice with those maps with like 10 VIP Cities etc which is eventually not fun. Also problem with lowrate is that its not many frags to kill people

A rl map 8.6 with small customs ;)

8.6 real map lowrate could be nice. But its not nice with those maps with like 10 VIP Cities etc which is eventually not fun. Also problem with lowrate is that its not many frags to kill people

A rl map 8.6 with small customs ;)

I am considering opening up a lowrate 8.6 RL map with sort of custom quests and a lot of tasks. Free premium and no shop or VIP islands.
Not sure what you mean by "not many frags to kill people" :)

I am considering opening up a lowrate 8.6 RL map with sort of custom quests and a lot of tasks. Free premium and no shop or VIP islands.
Not sure what you mean by "not many frags to kill people" :)
Wow so that sounds fucking great cant believe that, those VIP island and OP donations has always been frustrating for me to start a server.

Not many frags to kill people i mean like all lowrate gm put like 5 frags for red skull, so you cant barely kill people who bot, and people just bot and nobody can kill them becouse they would get red skull so fast.
A good system could be that after level 100 if you kill someone you dont get frag, i dont like the typical BR bot who bot 24h and get top level becouse nobody have frags to kill him xD Its a thing you sohuld try to avoid so server last long and everyone keep playing. High levels need to die and lose levels and newcommers must get level and try to catch them! THis way the server can be alive so long ;)

I remember working on a 8.6 war server long time ago. I'll search thru my files...

Wow so that sounds fucking great cant believe that, those VIP island and OP donations has always been frustrating for me to start a server.

Not many frags to kill people i mean like all lowrate gm put like 5 frags for red skull, so you cant barely kill people who bot, and people just bot and nobody can kill them becouse they would get red skull so fast.
A good system could be that after level 100 if you kill someone you dont get frag, i dont like the typical BR bot who bot 24h and get top level becouse nobody have frags to kill him xD Its a thing you sohuld try to avoid so server last long and everyone keep playing. High levels need to die and lose levels and newcommers must get level and try to catch them! THis way the server can be alive so long ;)

agree with this frag system.. no skull system at some point

i'd say there is already alot of rl maps so 100% custom with no teleports would be nice and keeping map size to the amount of players (making some parts of map unaccesable depending on how many players, and opening up parts of map if there's an increase in player amount)

I would actually agree with no skull system after for example 100+ level? Depend of the rates.
You need to find a way for a server to last long and i guess this good be a great feature to avoid mass bot afk, good idea.
As long as there is no Vip Cities or OP Cities but a rl map with customized spawns, ill join for sure.
GL with your project PM me if you need testers, im pretty bored

I would actually agree with no skull system after for example 100+ level? Depend of the rates.
You need to find a way for a server to last long and i guess this good be a great feature to avoid mass bot afk, good idea.
As long as there is no Vip Cities or OP Cities but a rl map with customized spawns, ill join for sure.
GL with your project PM me if you need testers, im pretty bored

I'll see about the skull system, pretty determined that I will not remove it completely.
I am working on this server now every day, adding customized spawns and quests (Nothing OP).
Also I am creating different factions for players to join and be rewarded with the outfits, such as "Assassins Faction(?)" to get the assassin outfit, and a "Pirate Faction(?)" for the pirate outfit. And the factions themselves will contain different quest chains.

Will add and remove certain features like:
• Burst arrows for mages
• Removing stairjump delay
• No soul point system
• No level requirement on weapons, and some items can be worn by mages like in the older clients such as, crown and knight legs.

But no matter what I will not add any shop or VIP cities and premium will be free.
IF I add anything that will be purchasable it will be character gender/name change.

I will probably need testers so I will contact you, cheers!

Last edited:
wow this projekt look unique and nice.
somethign has to be done so you can kill hlvls for example not skull when you kill hlvls?

i always liked rl map feeling so its better if you fix some spawns rather than making orsha spawns( maybe ur good mapper but people dont get used to new maps) i also dislike op maps so if you can avoid massive custom i think many people would like that.

about this faction can be nice, reward with outfit and some exp? important dont make places only for faction so people cannot kill each other there.

i like this mixture of 8.6 with old settings, give me good nostalgia.

so when will you put it online?

wow this projekt look unique and nice.
somethign has to be done so you can kill hlvls for example not skull when you kill hlvls?

i always liked rl map feeling so its better if you fix some spawns rather than making orsha spawns( maybe ur good mapper but people dont get used to new maps) i also dislike op maps so if you can avoid massive custom i think many people would like that.

about this faction can be nice, reward with outfit and some exp? important dont make places only for faction so people cannot kill each other there.

i like this mixture of 8.6 with old settings, give me good nostalgia.

so when will you put it online?

Oh definately, I will add a few custom spawns but not any "Orshabaal" spawns, it will be a serious server.
The factions will not affect the PvP between players, it's only for outfits, addons and unlocking different quests.

As of right now I cannot say when it will go online, I am still checking the map for bugs and scripting a lot of the quests. Maybe within 1-2 months.

Creat something uniqe, dont make something thats already on the market. What? you think then.. Well thats where your brain steps in! GL

Back