• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] OTX 3.8 - Server with REBIRTH, LOOT/TASK CHANNEL, AUTOLOOT, & DAILY TASKS.

Fablow

Intermediate OT User
Content Editor
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Fablow77
Hello everyone, I have compiled OTX 3.8 8.60 with the following changes:

C++ Edits:

LUA:

Yeah I know it's nothing special, just something simple I added to my server. It's a bare server, so don't expect a map or anything. Just the basics plus what's mention above.

This comes with:
  • x64 DLL-Files
  • x64 DEBUG compiled
  • x64 RELEASE compiled
  • Sources

Links:

You should leave the Loot Channel at channel id 6, and Task Channel at channel id 12 unless you know what your doing. Everything has been tested, therefore I won't provide support.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice release! Very usefull to have it compiled and ready to run. I've readed the LOGS but I wonder if is too different from OTX 2 in the performance? OTX 2 seems to works very well, the main difference I see is the optimization from 0.4 to TFS 1.3 functions, guess that responds to my question, but, I would like to know an in-depth comparison if possible to understand what are the most important things to look for in 8.6 protocol these days.

Thanks a lot for the release,
Regards!

Could you please tell me which programs you used to compile such files or share a link from this server already compiled, I am starting a project, I have a map, monsters and spells, now I only have one basic Source.

Could you please tell me which programs you used to compile such files or share a link from this server already compiled, I am starting a project, I have a map, monsters and spells, now I only have one basic Source.

They are two attachments, one has DLL's + exe's and the other is the datapack. I recommend using the release configuration.

Tutorial on how to compile OTX 3:

Original post updated with Github repo and basic Znote Account page/widget for rebirth.

If there any errors or updates it will be on Github, first mistake:

Hello there, nice contribution man. I was looking the config lua and i just wondering .. this version does not include the monsters level in config'? a multiplier for the hp, defense etc .. ?

Hello there, nice contribution man. I was looking the config lua and i just wondering .. this version does not include the monsters level in config'? a multiplier for the hp, defense etc .. ?

No, this does not include that. If you show me a working code I am able to add, then I'll add it in my spare time.

You can PM a link, or submit a pull request.

New version on Github:

Now supports Monsters level, version 1.2.

Also started a repo with health and mana percent:

@Fablow hi, I need to ask, is there any problem when using Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019? Which one of theese you recommend for host? I'm asking this because of TFS 1.X+ - Illegal Instruction on compilling (https://otland.net/threads/illegal-instruction-on-compilling.259997/#post-2514777).
Thanks in advance.

I recommend Windows Server 2019. I compiled on my home computer on Win 10 64x - no issues. If you are having compiling issues, I also recommend you check out the compiled versions here:

Either version 1.1 (no monster levels) or 1.2.1 (with monsters levels)

@Fablow I have this issue when playing. Ther video will explain (i've edited this post too many times, but this resume all)
When spamming manarunes, potions, anything, you get "lagged" in a certain point. Then, if you move, happens what is shown in the video.

Theres another bug i've found, that the server does not recognize if monsters "canwalkonfire", "canwalkonpoison", etc. This flags are not compiled in the server sources, I have to test if the fields block monsters path. If this does not work aswell, i'll upload a video with the bug.

Regards!

Attachments

Last edited:
@Fablow I have this issue when playing. Ther video will explain (i've edited this post too many times, but this resume all)
When spamming manarunes, potions, anything, you get "lagged" in a certain point. Then, if you move, happens what is shown in the video.

Theres another bug i've found, that the server does not recognize if monsters "canwalkonfire", "canwalkonpoison", etc. This flags are not compiled in the server sources, I have to test if the fields block monsters path. If this does not work aswell, i'll upload a video with the bug.

Regards!

For your first bug, you need to raise this in config.lua:
Lua:
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25
to
Lua:
maxPacketsPerSecond = 150

And for walking on fields - the flags were deprecated from OTX 3.8 if I remember correctly.

Some changes, recommended to use 1.3 release:

Last edited:

Attachments

#Update I thought I fixed the issue I posted before but found strange monster behaviour. All monsters we're "lagging" when chasing players. Aditionally to this commit Resolve merge conflict and applied some minor changes · otland/forgottenserver@0217513 (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/commit/0217513c0a8fa1d1dd1136cca4eb0ed72b9c28f2) I added this TFS 1.X+ - Weird monster/npc walk behavior (https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-npc-walk-behavior.261695/#post-2531223) in order to make monsters chase the objetives with less delay, also was important to set isUpdatingPath = true in order to make the field system work.

Here is the explaining video:

I attached the modificed sources below,
Regards!

Attachments

• src_chasedelay.rar
    460.5 KB · Views: 3 · VirusTotal
hello do you have a revised Znote AAC for this engine?

1617349939685.png
1617349955316.png
1617349994206.png

There is a lot of it. I'm starting my adventure with creating servers and I don't really know what's going on. Can someone help me?

@patrys98 To fix that, first go to config.php and set TFS version to TFS_10.
Code:
$config['ServerEngine'] = 'TFS_10';
Before applying the changes below, check which errors still appear after changing TFS version, because, player_skill is a table that belongs to 0.X engines and column 'online' in players is handled by players_online table on 1.X. However, I will add your missing tables in case you still need.

To fix the tables manually, first select your database on phpMyAdmin and go to SQL
sql_query.png

Unknown column rank_id in fields list
Code:
ALTER TABLE `players` ADD `rank_id` int NOT NULL;

Unknown colum online in where clause
Code:
ALTER TABLE `players` ADD `online` int NOT NULL

player_skills doesn't exist
Code:
CREATE TABLE `player_skills`
(
    `player_id` INT NOT NULL,