• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
  • New resources must be posted under Resources tab. A discussion thread will be created automatically, you can't open threads manually anymore.

Action [8.7] Taming monsters (mount system)

when i use reins on a black sheep i get this

[17:7:44.557] [Error - Action Interface]
[17:7:44.557] data/actions/scripts/other/mounts.lua:eek:nUse
[17:7:44.557] Description:
[17:7:44.557] data/actions/scripts/other/mounts.lua:46: attempt to call global 'getPlayerMount' (a nil value)
[17:7:44.557] stack traceback:
[17:7:44.557] data/actions/scripts/other/mounts.lua:46: in function <data/actions/scripts/other/mounts.lua:42>

im 8.71 0.4

i was kinda thinking that, but im using the newest version and im 0.4

id tell you what REV it was but, Chjorak converted my server from 0.2 to 0.4 so i dont know what REV he used

but im almost possible i have everything need

would i be able to mount on a God char, if i didnt have the ability to use this script?

since ive been newly switched to linux, im still having a time figuring out how to do normal things on windows, i found my LUA_Functions in my Docs folder and sadly it didnt have DoPlayerAddMount

but how am i still able to mount on a god, and is there any ways around this?

if i cant get this script to work, i plan to just add the mount lever script in a quest or something, but i was really hoping to get the taming working

Last edited:
I'm using TFS.4 lattest version, I've already fixed the items to match my items.xml and actions.xml to match tose also. I don't get any console errors nor anything but nothing happens.

I've searched also the getPlayerMount function in my source code and in my function lib and it doesn't exist does anyone have the code for this fuction?
And could that be the problem? cause like I said I don't get any console errors, it just doesn't do anything

all who don't have function getPlayerMount
add this to data\lib\100-compat.lua
getPlayerMount = canPlayerRideMount
or simply replace in script getPlayerMount to canPlayerRideMount

Works fine for me. Thanks for sharing.

thanks, also found out that all monster names had to go with lower case letters even if their monsters.xml names worn't or it wouldn't work =P now it working fine thanks

Back