• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A bit of my work, old-school mapping

Blinderchains

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a very old member, I think when otfans was still a thing. I have very fond memories of the years gone by in that and this site, and I'm showing some of my old work to get to know new people here. I'd be up for a job making maps, buI think I'd do way better in old versions, like 8.0 or maybe 7.6.

Here are some pictures:

I'm willing to show more of my works, as this pictures are very little and somehow they don't reflect my real vision about mapping - these maps, the ones I'm showing in this thread, were "showoff" mapping, a term used at that time to define a certain style which was a bit more about an imaginistic(?) approach instead of being practical. I think that it's cluttered and unnecessary, but, you know, I decided to share them anyways.

Not sure how many people are here from lets say 2007. But we are roaming around. But Blinderchains is an oldschool mapper whom deserves alot of respect very talented in the old school field. Glad to see your maps again.

I tried to get back into the OT scene, but it seems pretty dead and not like it used to be sadly, not necessarily OT, but tibia in general is dying. The new content that servers are able to create now adays is quite amazing though. Never dreamed to see things like they have now lol. I miss otfans as well my friend. That was where I usually went for OT related things.

First post seemed to have quite a lot of autobordering, latest pic seems better.
Take your time, do those borders by hand - they allow a ton of freedom and the final map looks much better - even though it takes much more time.

Best of luck!

J.

Nice to see some old dogs coming back into mapping! cant wait to see more from you! :)
The tomb gave me an idea! thank you for the inspiration and good work :)

Back