• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A discussion about a brand new 7.4 OT, a STABLE one!

Chujnowski

Reaction score
I'd like to start the discussion by saying that I and a few friends will try to create a brand new 7.4 ot, basically a copy of mastercores, but unfortunately we have no idea of how to create a distro. Hopefully someone here who is helpfull can help us out with that part, the rest we will take care of.
And no, we refuse to use an distro as avesta or something like that, cuz the server is supposed to be 100% stable, dedicated host will NOT be a problem.

If anyone out there has a custom distro, we will be glad to buy it for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Avesta? I'm pretty sure Avesta is your only solution.
If it's not stable, then fix it up.

As far as I know the most OT's hosted on Avesta are sooner or later shat down because of unknown reasons? I have had no interest in the past months to find out what this is all about, but if Avesta actually is the easiest way, anyone knows when the last time it was updated was?

Last edited:
If ur server succeed it will fail u know what i mean? MAstercores succeeded and it failed because of it. Server with good reputation and many ppl online will be atacked by ddosers and hackers and i dont think u can protect ur server better then realsoft. I just hope he didnt give up and hes working hard to fix buggs etc.

Yeah, people are losers. Hopefully realots.net will be better, maybe classictibia v2.

directx9 plx

and agree with mex. maybe it was just because erik was so hated, but for the most part i think any succesfull ot is gunna get heavily-ddosed at the least

Let's all wait for RealOTs and see what happens there.. I still dont understand hackers tho.. They ddos and crash the best OT's ever made, but yet i dont understand what they want out of it? They want oldschool to completly Die or something? then they say "Fuck rl tibia" so what the fuck are we supposed to play? LOL

Let's all wait for RealOTs and see what happens there.. I still dont understand hackers tho.. They ddos and crash the best OT's ever made, but yet i dont understand what they want out of it? They want oldschool to completly Die or something? then they say "Fuck rl tibia" so what the fuck are we supposed to play? LOL
2 words. Theyr server :)

Word, I'm jus waiten for realots yo. Fuck everything else. Dennis has a decent rep, so I doubt it will get hacked.

Realsoft didnt want our help, he ignored us when we added him to MSN/Skype and we PM'd him a douzen of times, EACH. Now dont tell me that we will fail like him, cuz we will accept help if someone offers, thats why I started off here. Obviously the client will have OGL/DX9 support.
Also it will be kind of impossible to reach over level 90 with the rates we will set.

You mean 7.72, not 7.4 as it didn't support graphical options.

So you are saying that there is no possiblity to make a 7.4 client with graphical options?

It's possible, but what you most likely is proposing is a < 7.72 client with modified .spr, which is not a 7.4 server.

It's possible, but what you most likely is proposing is a < 7.72 client with modified .spr, which is not a 7.4 server.

I'd like to skip as much 7.72 shit as possible, we have no knowledge of how to create a custom client. Right now I belive the project will be put on hold cause mastercores is comming back online, not worth having so much competition as it is now.

What's wrong with Avesta? I'm pretty sure Avesta is your only solution.
If it's not stable, then fix it up.

I only found the avesta 7.6 distro, is it possible to modify it to 7.72 or 7.4? Havent planned a serious OT-project just wanna play around with the ot and try make some custom scripts and stuff :), maybe make a war-ot similiar to realistic/warloria.

Back