• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A few key old features for tfs 1.2?

MikeOT

Solutions
Reaction score
I've recently been playing around with Tfs 1.2 and the latest OTCLIENT. 10.98

I'm not extremely familiar with all of the inner workings of the code yet (and probably won't be for quite some time). I've been searching in the code and otherwise to no avail.

What I am trying to look into is to take advantage of the newer, more modern code base, but to implement some of my favorite features from clients past. (Ex. Using a 10.98 protocol with a required custom client, but having a general feel of.... say, 7.4-7.6). I have already managed to incorporate some older graphics, and a few quality of life changes.

Specifically:

-No roping while standing on hole
-Monsters don't disappear when lured from spawn
-Full player block in all situations
-Removal of skull penalties
-Disable ability to use battle window to aim runes at players

Is there a way to incorporate (any) of these with scripts, or do they require source edits?

Any idea where to look to find these in the code?

There are others but I think I'm on the right track with those.

Not just looking for a handout, but I am looking for a nudge in the right direction from you pros out there? I'm just trying to learn after all! :)

I'm sure some of those are obvious to some of you, and maybe I'm incompetent or overlooking something, but I'm having a hard time figuring it out, and would very much appreciate the help. :)

Back