• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A few questions regarding client updates and old school servers

Desty Nova

Reaction score
I've got a few questions I'm hoping you guys could help me with, as both googling and searching the Tibia wiki has yielded zero results, and I sort of need the information for a project I've had in mind.
I suspect the information in question has been forever lost when OtFans went down (which is part of the reason I'm here now, hello), but I'm hoping one of you guys will know.

1. In what client version did cipsoft implement the "built in light hack"?
2. In what client version did cipsoft remove floating combat text (the "rising" text similar to HP lost, but displayed on a tile rather than player)?
3. In what client version did cipsoft remove the GM report/chat feature (CTRL + R)?

In addition I'm also interested in people's opinion on certain client versions; What client version does people consider to be "old school"?

Also just out of curiosity, has there been any more developments in regards to the supposed "anti-cheat" feature cipsoft implemented?
Last time I was in the Tibia/OT community, it was this big magical thing thing that no one understood, has someone finally figured out exactly what it was and how it works?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Okay, after some further research I've found out that animated text (doSendAnimatedText was the LUA command apparently) seems to have been removed in 9.1, can anyone confirm this?
Also the CTRL+R seems to have been removed somewhere inbetween 8.5 and 8.6, can anyone confirm this and perhaps give me the specific version?

Still would like to know when the built in "ambient light" feature was implemented, which made torches/light spells useless, and also some opinions on what client version is considered to be "Old School" by most.

CTRL+R has been removed on 8.6.

- - - Updated - - -

CTRL+R has been removed on 8.6.

Isn't control R mounts now?

Last edited:
Back