• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling A hacker problem, need help quick - Rep ++

Bladefist

Reaction score
I got this great server from a guy, and for it im thankfull, but the server seem to have some hidden feature which alowes him to give himself GM powers and such, without use of Actions, AdminPanel etc stuff on the server files, I have checked. So I believe since he created the server he got some kind of program that is linked with the server or something?

I really need help, it destroys the server that he runs around with hidden gms.

Please comment fast, I can give rep

There isnt anything he can use to give himself GM only teamviewer or assistance can do that.. But are u hosting the server? All depends check all the files and see what is being said in the console/database

Its a freind of mine hosting, I am the one trying to help using TeamViewer, and we have changed the password on TV many times, but he still do it.

He gave himself access level 20 after I increased GM req to access 11. So im empty of ideas.

And by the way, we have been watching hosting computer and he don't touch it, but still he manage to edit the player files.

But can this be hidden due compiling or something, Im not so good myself unless its easy xml stuff, and I don't find anything strange in the server files, but I believe he have hidden it in the .exe file?

There must be an item/several items that helps him do it, or talkactions or levers or something hidden, it can be anything... he coult have put a tile in mapeditor and make an onStepIn script that gives him group id. If you really think he is hacking, try to IP ban him, if he manages to get in again, get encryption on your database and change his password all the time, he won't be able to see what his password is.

I saw it today, he needs to be online to crash the server so I believe its a talkaction or something, but do that explain how he gives GM accees?, in the start he gave himself accees 10, but after I made accees level 11 as req for GM commands he start giving himself 20. What do I need to search for. I got Textcrawler so I can search for lines needed to do such things.

@Bladefist Check all your action scripts and if that doesn't work he probably just has access to database, change hoster. Why keep him if he bs u? XD

Orginally posted by : Big M
If you really think he is hacking, try to IP ban him, if he manages to get in again, get encryption on your database and change his password all the time, he won't be able to see what his password is.

I think that wont work, cuz if he has dynamic ip, ip change every day!
he can change it any time, by restarting his router!
password change wouldnt be good, cuz he just creates new acc..

True.
I'd say linux is "hard" though, if you've never used it.
For Windows I still recommend Uniform Server :).
Noob1 :)
Linux is accually easier then Windows
If you got 2 ppl who never used a computer

User 1 got Windows and User 2 got Ubuntu
User 2 will learn how to use a computer a lot faster then user 1 :) (I know i've tried)

Everything in linux is more logic

I think that wont work, cuz if he has dynamic ip, ip change every day!
he can change it any time, by restarting his router!
password change wouldnt be good, cuz he just creates new acc..

Noob2

If he got access to the database he can just remove the IP Ban everytime he gets banned

I would block hes IP range in my router/firewall if i where you @TS

If hes current IP is 90.125.33.54 you should block all incomming from 90.125.33.*
(*= 1-255)

I would block hes IP range in my router/firewall if i where you @TS

If hes current IP is 90.125.33.54 you should block all incomming from 90.125.33.*
(*= 1-255)

Yeah, but first he's IP were 83.109.222.83 and later on it was 83.108.119.244.

I can't block 83.(1-255).(1-255).(1-255) ? :D

Back