• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A letter to the Otland Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beo

Three Magic
Solutions
Reaction score
I understand how Talaturen feels and why he has done it.

I was against the entire thought of premium for marketplace, but now look at it if you are still angry;

People come here and leech everyday, giving NOTHING back to Otland what-so-ever.
Talaturen and his team of devs work to give you a stable source to run YOUR otservs on so YOU can make cash.

I was against it, yes. But now, think of it logically.
I'm not asslicking, its the truth.

Doesn't anyone remember back to the good old days when everything was released for free? Open Tibia was really OPEN.

Sure Talaturen hasn't implemented things we all want.
I don't blame them if they haven't.
Why?
Because it's all TAKE TAKE TAKE.

The Otland Community is a disgrace. When I moved from Otfans to here, I noticed the difference. Insults everywhere, immaturity. It rubs off on the community. Trust me.

I don't expect any of you to give a shit, I just felt like writing my second thoughts on it after looking at it and immidiate raging on the Feedback forum.

~ Thanks.

Dont like it anymore. Like beo said, Old times was the best! Inactive crew & corrupted! But i dont care. I've already quit with open tibia server at all! Lives goes on! Haha, I'm not like "????" stayin' here for life!
Its about business! FUCK IT!

Don't bother discussing money with egoistic and ungrateful kids. They expect the world without giving anything at all in the return, not even to help their own cause. The view on the ot forums is completely fucked. People think we are some kind of customer support, no, it's worse than that: they think they signed up for a free all around the clock support and request service. They won't use the search function, they wont try themselves before asking, they wont even try the tips/help you give them unless it's a complete solution that they can finish in 1-3 clicks or in some cases they even want you to fix this through remove control! The worst of all is that they seem to think we should be grateful for having the chance to work for them. When your "help" isn't up to their fucked standards (complete product with free installation) they'll insult you.

I think people should simply stop "helping" the people who are not willing to put anything into solving the matter. Is the question answered in 100 other threads? tell them to search or ignore the thread. Did they need help with a script and you pointed them into the right direction and they want you to fix/write the script for them? tell them to get their lazy ass together and actually try or just ignore them. We have a market-place, if they expect this kind of support I mentioned in my first paragraph, make them pay for it. Will they tell you to basically fuck off for "not helping" and dislike you? probably. Should you care? no. Is it the right thing to do? yes.

People wonder why new interesting things aren't appearing as often, well it's simple: people barely know anything, if something breaks they're screwed until they get someone else to fix it for them. There's no need to actually learn, you can run an server without even knowing what the hell that code snippet you just pasted does. Some people have nice ideas but not the knowledge and the idea therefore usually dies there. They could share the idea, right? no, that ain't happening either sadly and that is harder to change, people want nice cred/rep, an idea doesn't give that, a realized idea does. What options do we have? Well, force them to learn and that will increase the chance of them realizing it. Either keep helping these pathetic people and be part of the partial cause that is making the ship sink faster OR stop today and vote for proposition "Information is free, work isn't.".

Last edited:
maybe why the new generation is not coming in is because if ur less than 17 around here you get so trolled...

There is a difference in needing help, and getting others to do the work for you. When I joined the OT Community, I was 12. I learned all the basic OT stuff on my own, it's not very hard. Using Google, and Search functions was easy back then for me to. Today, it's even easier to learn, all the tutorials are more detailed, time thought in them, hard work, and very thorough.

Just like Zisly said, 'Information is free, work isn't.'

The good hard working people left, replaced by the new kiddies that don't know what 2 + 2 is without a calculator.

I swear, if someone says that Talaturen just cares is about money, I will seriously go insane. I'm sure the staff is laughing at everyone who thinks Talaturen is the taker, not the giver. Talaturen is the giver, not the taker. You guys are the takers, and not the givers.

If Talaturen cared about all about money, he would have ads seeing how this is probably one of the biggest OT Forums out there.

(I totally forgot to say this in my last post, I'm sorry.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back