• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

a map system similar to the Diablo game?

Randall

Reaction score
Greetings!
Is it possible to create such a system of places like the Diablo game. I mean, the server will create a map on which only one player or a group of players can stay, which will form a team. The cities and their surroundings will be public for everyone. I've heard it's called instances...

You can definitly do that, yes. There are a couple of dungeon systems existing that allow you to only share a map area for a team but multiple at the same time.
That is just the other way around, so why would it not be possible. I am not sure though if someone already tried to execute it your way.
I can imagine that it would be very ressource intense.

This is great starter, but... Each time you use it it get's costly. Depending on your map size & player base numbers, but I imagine this could be a problem for like 100 instances.
It's still not copy&paste&run solution, but I would definitely start there (unless you want to have them pseudo random, then take a look here):

Back