• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A new computer.

I don't know why everyone says the computer sucks, and that it needs Windows XP or Windows 7 and whatever. ._.;

1GB ram is sufficient for a medium-sized server, running a medium sized map, I can't say for sure how much ram it will take when running a RLmap, but I reccommend a minimum of 2GB, unless you wish the server to start using the harddrive as pagefile.

As for OS, I reccommend Windows 2003 unless you want to use Linux. 2008 is based on the Vista core, thus somewhat of a memory hog even for a server OS. I will wait for Windows Server 7 before bothering to update, until then, Windows 2003 will be sufficient.

As for 2003 look and feel, and functionallity, it is identical to XP (except for the OS version, programs designed not to work with 2003 will not work, such as certain "No use on server operating systems" free security solutions), and functionality can be added/removed as you see fit to make it use less/more ram.

To me it looks more like Windows 2000, which is not too bad. But yes, the color scheme is from older windows versions.
You can if you want though, make it look like XP by turning on themes, but it will drain slightly more ram.

Here's a screenshot of my setup:

rexxarrd2003.png

That ram-usage is with MySQL running in the background, together with ClamWin Antivirus, DynDNS Update client, as well as a software firewall.
Windows 2008 ram usage under the same setup would most likely be 2x or more.

@up

You can't run a Real Tibia Map on 1 gb or 2 gb :p
a 90mb map takes like 1.9 GB Total. And to have more then 50~ you players you will have to need at least 3 gb

@up

You can't run a Real Tibia Map on 1 gb or 2 gb :p
a 90mb map takes like 1.9 GB Total. And to have more then 50~ you players you will have to need at least 3 gb

Actually you are partitially correct.

First of all I said:

1GB ram is sufficient for a medium-sized server, running a medium sized map, I can't say for sure how much ram it will take when running a RLmap, but I reccommend a minimum of 2GB, unless you wish the server to start using the harddrive as pagefile.

You can run a medium-sized server with a medium-sized map.
As for RLmap, it is possible, but not reccommended, unless you start messing about with SSDs and Flashdrives as storage for pagefiles.

Second of all I just downloaded and tried running a 90MB RLmap on my setup, and it took up 1.5GB, not 1.9GB. Leaving me using 2.0GB of ram together with all the OS functions and additional things.
Which means that further player data will tax the pagefile, which may or may not cause lag.

So yeah, running it with 2GB is possible, but not recommended if you want absolutely no lag.

Wait a sec,

Code:
Processor: AMD Phenom X3 II 425
Memory: 4GB DDR3, 2x DIMM slots
HDD: 640GB S-ATA (7200rpm)
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4650 1024MB/2815MB
Others: DVD burner that supports dual-layer, Gbit LAN, HDMI, DVI, VGA, 6 USB, 15i1-card reader, 5.1 audio.

Keyboard and mouse included.

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

can that hole like 400 players? a rl map need a high so i know it can handel like a roxor with 200 players (exempel) will try a rl map and a custom on 2 computers the offer is around 600$ i think 6000 swedish cash But if it cant hold those players 400 on a rl map idk what do do then plx post what i sude uppgrade in that set its 2 computers.

The processor is not "server grade" but it's quite good.
The ram is VERY good (DDR3), but the 2x slots may lower the performance slightly and make it costy and troublesome to upgrade.
The harddrive is decent but not "Server grade"
Operating system is a bit meh, but it works.
Graphics card is completely irrelevant.

Only two questions remains:

1. Will you be using the computer while hosting stuff on it?
2. What internet speed will you have?

look first page for internet and

1 comp is for like cod4 and cs those wow and those games.
2 OTserver rl map 400 players it sude hold ~

Well let me tell you that you should not be hosting on the same computer that you're playing such demanding games on, it would most likely cause lag for both you and the players.

As for your internet speed, your upload/download is excellent and is about the same (or perhaps better) as the ones offered by professional dedicated server hosting. You can easily accommodate 500 players unless you download/upload a lot of stuff using bittorrent.

1, I never download soo,,,
2, Im not gonna play on the server computer need 2 of them 1 to play on other host.
3. What Processor sude i use for a rl map 500 players~

Well the processor type doesn't really matter as long as it's at least dual core, that way you can be sure that the server always gets one core for itself.
Quad is recommended if you plan on using MySQL and run an apache (XAMPP) webserver on the same computer, that way you can assign one core to TFS, one to MySQL, one to Apache/PHP, and leave one for windows.

The actual brand doesn't really matter much, even though I always preferred Intel over anything. Especially Intel Xeon if you were planning on getting one for a server. However I'm fairly sure Core i7 is a pretty good processor too, enough to compete with Xeon, at least for now.

Probably quad-core processor with at least 3-4gb of ram for a rl map. That computer is not very good for this time. 1GB of ram probably wouldn't be very good for a smaller server with 50~ people online, let alone a rl map server with a high amount of people. You could buy ram upgrades for it I suppose, I think that would improve it a lot

Any one in sweden that knows where to get a good intel xeon? pros for a good price?, woude be good on el-giganten, siba, pc city and all those.

Any one in sweden that knows where to get a good intel xeon? pros for a good price?, woude be good on el-giganten, siba, pc city and all those.

i buy 90% of my computer parts from www.inet.se

Good support
Nice prices
Fastest delivery time in Sweden. (you get it the day after if you order it before 10:00 :) )

Also CPU is the least of your worries :p you only use the CPU when someone uses a Action/Movement script, i hosted 70~ ppl on my Pentium 4 CPU and it never went over 15% usage..

Ye :) and that's 3 examples were to not buy your computer if you know what a computer is :D

*Clap*
Indeed, too bad he asked for an Intel Xeon processor, if you know what that is.

Those are the places I've bought electronics and hardware from over the years, and I've never been even the slightest dissatisfied with them, not once.

But indeed, their prices may not always be the best, thus why I also included Prisjakt, so if he feels like buying from some small unknown company with no warranties nor proper customer care, he's welcome to do so. :)

*Clap*
Indeed, too bad he asked for an Intel Xeon processor, if you know what that is.

Those are the places I've bought electronics and hardware from over the years, and I've never been even the slightest dissatisfied with them, not once.

But indeed, their prices may not always be the best, thus why I also included Prisjakt, so if he feels like buying from some small unknown company with no warranties nor proper customer care, he's welcome to do so. :)

I didn't say "Buy from a unknown company" ,,
I just think, If you want to buy a computer buy it from a Computer Store, not a "Home Electronic store".
I used to buy from Komplett.se but after they became a bit company there delivery time sucked..
So i started ordering from Inet.se and they know what it's all about Fast delivery and awesome support.

Last time i ordered from Inet i got the package in 30 hours~
Last time i ordered from kompelett it took a week~

Oh well, we suggested him a couple of stores, and a price-comparison site, he should be able to decide on his own from here on.

Back