• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A possible hosting computer?

Elixir

Newblet Mapper
Reaction score
I'd rather have a 1.5 Ghz Intel processor than a 3.0 Ghz AMD, actually. for several reasons, one security involved.
Also, I'd never host a public thing on my private computer for 2 main reasons.
1: your gaming will effect the people who uses your "services".
2: the ones using your services, will effect your gaming, with extra laggs/ping/stability

I have to agree with OT Stuffs, the computer looks like it could handle about maybe 100-300 players online but what really matters and counts is the internet bandwidth. Each client will take atleast 28kbps and MW3 takes about: 15.6kbps each second download and 4kbps upload, so my suggestion is unless you have a constant 25-50Mbps upload speed then you will only be able to host less. not to mention it'll probably run alot slower because of the Processing speed and RAM used for those games. (Except LoL)

> Hosting
> Playing Games

Choose 1

You cannot choose 2 if you want to succeed with such a weak processor.
If you choose Hosting then remove the GPU since you won't need it while running a console only, Linux environment.

Pro tip:
Don't be a fanboy and buy what is actually best suited for you. If shit-tier, low-end AMD hardware is what suits you best, then go for it.

Bacon kebabs nub
Remove Kebab from premises

Last edited:
I want to host. I honesly dont play MW3 or LoL or Minecraft. Just Tibia. I love it! Should I get a forty dollar card? Just curious, last time I hosted a server I had a guy doit for me over Teamviewer.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you could build a desktop with what you recommend and pm it to me

Last edited:
tl;dr
Install Debian (or Gentoo). OP raged

I want to host. I honesly dont play MW3 or LoL or Minecraft. Just Tibia. I love it! Should I get a forty dollar card? Just curious, last timeI hosted a server i had a guy doit for me over Teamviewer.

1. Say goodbye to Microsoft. Now.
2. Use the retard install option (Since I am sure you will fuck up the advanced installation process)
3. When asked what you would like to have installed. Don't install anything (which also mean no desktop environment).
4. Download the sources of the following: NGINX-1.3.1, PHP-5.4.5-dev, MySQL-5.6, PHP-APC
5. Compile (Out of those options, only MySQL uses CMAKE)
6. Configure
7. Run

EDIT:
Actually I think for step 4 ~ 5 you should use the respiratory packages since I am sure you will also fuck up the whole ./configure --args-etc / CMAKE . -SOME-SHIT && make && make install 'thing'
Enjoy outdated software if you choose this method.

winscp & putty tray are your new teamviewer.

If you want help, I will only tell you the basics since I am against spoonfeeding information to scrubs.

---

Get sand in your vagina lately?
And OP delivers rage due to his incompetence of failing to complete or attempt mind-blowing simple tasks involving a master race OS with master race suggestions.
If you can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't be asking for something that you will never understand due to your lack of competence and willingness to try to learn something new. Enjoy continuing to use "Windoes"-nothing for "hosting" and "GAEMS" since it's clearly the only OS you will be able to use. inb4 ubuntu etc

PS: Fu¢k Intel. AMD Powar!!!1
That is why I didn't give you any suggestions regarding hardware since you are too one sided (AKA Fanboy & underage etc).
I did however give you suggestions on how to become a semi-competent hoster which is something I do not usually do.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont think you've noticed that I do not have a computer right now...
And "Windoes" is the bomb.com so stfu.
Ill host how I would like, for the "GAEMS" I would like.
What little hope there was, now lost. When will people learn to stop getting anally-flustered when things become technical. Maybe they can't handle a little criticism.. I don't even know anymore.

[video=youtube;xzpndHtdl9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A[/video]

Last edited:
Back