• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A semi-warm Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linxsis

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't see much growth here anymore I can't even refer to it as a community because it isn't. This place use to be a place of fun and exploration, learning new things now its just a forum of free scripts written by a select few and corrupt staff members who cater to private entities and ban competition.

No new tools or ideas being expressed just closed sources in an open source environment. Everything has become proprietary, encrypted or closed off from the public. Otland's members have become entrepreneurs with little to no knowledge of the product they are pushing. Countless servers with same done to death systems, scripts and requests. No new documentation or just half ass releases.

I think most see tfs as a meal ticket, whether it be working for or hosting a server they offer up their services to the lowest bidder everyone and anyone fighting over the same piece of pie.

With the lack of emphasis on education in the supporting languages and tools available to this entity this forum will eventually die off which is sad because it could be soo much better than the state it is in today.

I guess nothing last forever.. I have given a good amount of years to this forum fixing and writing thousands of scripts on too many to count accounts. Releasing source code & script features and systems, tutorials, I am just amazed by greed & ignorance of this once great community.

I wish you all of you who would like to see this place grow and be than what it is today the best and to the rest of you well.. there are kids present lol...

Good Bye

If you're including Flatlander in this, then you're wrong.

Nice Codex.

Anyone can go to the support board and check all the threads (by far the most active board here for a reason), 90% ask the same question every week, 90% have done no research at all but people still feed them

A wild Codex has been spotted.
Codex used Fake Name.
Codex used Support.
It's super effective!
Foe Codex is feeling bored for the community again...
Codex used Bash Retire Thread.
It's not very effective...
You used Banishment.
Foe Codex has fainted!

A wild Codex has been spotted.
Codex used Fake Name.
Codex used Support.
It's super effective!
Foe Codex is feeling bored for the community again...
Codex used Flame Thread.
It's not very effective...
You used Banishment.
Foe Codex has fainted!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back