• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion A separate picture upload website

Sentielo

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
I am from Holland, where the fack you from :)
Hello,

I did talk with Peroxide yesterday about an idea I've got to improve the chance of a bigger amount of Custom OT's. He asked me to share my idea on the forum. So here I go.

Well my idea was to create a new website (linked to upload) where it's able for people to upload pictures from their mapping pieces they made.
On this site:
  • Users with an otland account are able to upload their mapping pieces (yes I said above).
  • You upload a piece with and also categorize it. So if you map a town on a forest, it will be categorized on 1) Forest and 2) Town. If you make a ghost spot on a dirty and undead place, you are able to categorize it on 1) dirt 2) undeads. Etc. etc. this will make it easier for people to find specifik pieces and get inspirated by it.
  • They are also able to add a download link for public / only for moderators. Why moderators? It's mayby an idea to add moderators who got good RPG/mapping experiences. The moderators together are then able to create a custom OT on the pieces they like, which are shared by members.
  • If you got an account on the site you are able to give a mark to a piece (from 1 - 10). The higher the average mark is, the higher it will be on the list and vice versa. A demon place with a 8.7 average mark will be on top if the second high mark is below the 8.7. The number of marks should also count I think (not that if one piece got just 1 mark, as a 10, that it'll be on top of the list). Don't know how that usually works.
  • People are able to talk about a piece / give feedback below the picture if you click on one.

I think it's already clear by just reading the first lines.. Hope you will like it and even give it a try. If you need further explanation, feel free to ask me.

More ideas are more than welcome.

biggest question is where would you get the disk space from, making a simple website to upload and view pictures isn't that hard though

Well I just had this plan in my mind. Me as a person is somebody who thinks easy and effective. Hope this thread will get much of these questions, more ideas and participants who can create the site / people who would like to hire as a mod.

@ Scarlet
Why can this huge amount of pictures be uploaded at Otland, but not on a site linked with Otland?

Last edited:
most images you see in OTLand are actually external links, and the size that each member has for attachments is only 55mb, which isn't that much

I don't know OTLand internal structure so I don't want to make any guesses, I was just posing a question since in your initial post you never said anything about it being directly related with OTLand, just that it would be specifically made for OTs

To be fair, I see no future in this.
If I'd map, I'd post on this website for feedback instead of just another external website which probably isn't being used in the end.

And I don't think such a thing would increase the amount of custom ot's.. It hasn't to do with no inspiration, it has to do with the work that has to be done.

Oh well, it just seems pointless to make such a thing, in my opinion.

Make it so only otland users can upload to teh site to, so it doesn't become op like photobucket or sumthin. (imo)

Imo, the mapping community will benefit from this instead of an impact on the number of Custom OT's

Back