• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Ability to see who locked your thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korrex

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Got this idea after seeing that my thread in the marketplace got locked with no comment.
I'd like to suggest that we either see who locked the thread (just OP) or, the moderator actually posts a legitimate comment on why they're locking the thread.

Thanks for your time,
Korrex

I like the idea but I think it would be better to just add like a required reason when locking a thread and then at the bottom of the post that started the thread have something like the 'last edited by blabla' but instead of it have something like 'Thread locked today at 11:12 By ModName Reason:Wrong Section'

Why is this thread still open, he found out why it's closed, just close this thread too? xD

Why is this thread still open, he found out why it's closed, just close this thread too? xD

Got this idea after seeing that my thread in the marketplace got locked with no comment.
I'd like to suggest that we either see who locked the thread (just OP) or, the moderator actually posts a legitimate comment on why they're locking the thread.

Thanks for your time,
Korrex
it was a suggestion so why should it be closed?

Thanks for your time,
Korrex

What moderators and global moderators should always do is to post something before closing the thread to give a reason. We should not close, delete, warn, infract, ban and permanent ban without a reason.

In my opinion not necessary feature to the forum.

Here is a good explanation for you guys:

To answer some questions that were brought up:
No, existing threads by non-premium users will not be deleted. Although we won't help you to keep your very old thread alive by i.e. cleaning it up so you can start selling a OT map when you originally were selling a Tibia character in the thread.
No, your thread won't be deleted when your premium expires.

About the ability to see who locked your thread - in my opinion, it's not really necessary BUT moderators should always post a reason in the each thread with appropriate explanation so users may know why it was closed... Especially because rules has been changed last days in that section, so moderators are forced to give a appropriate explanation in this case... at least in my opinion.

Actually I haven't closed any thread there, but I would post a reason before closing each thread (with the exception of user-request ofc.).

Moderators: a little bit more creativity please!

What about the ability to see if a comment was deleted (incase you think it might be your internets freaking out on you instead) and a reason why?? I've had a few posts I thought got deleted but the internet freaked and just didn't post it...

When you get a reply deleted on a thread and you don't know the reason (that must be always obvius), you can always come here and complain. Always post on your complaint the link of the thread that have your deleted comment and the question: why did my reply got deleted?

The deleter or some other (global) moderator will check that thread and see the reason that the global moderator or moderator posted on the deleted reply. That's why we are here.

I'll close this thread since we already answered the thread topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back