• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Abolish post editing restriction

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
Hi,

Would it be possible to unlock editing thread post (first one) anytime we want? Or at least in certain categories like OTClient. I know that reporting post and asking to add/remove something from it could be enough but it's annoying, not just for me but for moderators that have to handle this.

Moderators can handle it, even if the "update" takes longer.
Even in the OTC board people can remove useful info.

Sadly we can't add an "only add function", you can still remove useful content.
For that reason we have time based limits (longer for premium users).

This system will stay unless we or the members can find a better solution, best would be an add only no remove function.

Moderators can handle it, even if the "update" takes longer.
Even in the OTC board people can remove useful info.

Sadly we can't add an "only add function", you can still remove useful content.
For that reason we have time based limits (longer for premium users).

This system will stay unless we or the members can find a better solution, best would be an add only no remove function.
Wait, what exactly is the problem? An invasion of old forum members self-sabotaging their own 10 years old threads? Any examples?

Wait, what exactly is the problem? An invasion of old forum members self-sabotaging their own 10 years old threads?
Not 10 year old. We generally don't care about deleting useless content. Premium members always had the ability to delete their own posts/threads.
First we saw people removing content in Downloads/Resources boards. Sometimes rendering a 20+ page threads useless. It looked like people were commenting on a thread with ... content and often valuable resources were lost. Sometimes thread authors claimed they chose to sell it instead (after hundreds of people downloaded it for free). Other time, we just had people using many accounts try to delete something because they were banned on another account, etc. There were more important reasons for restricting editing and going through the approval process in Downloads and Resources: people posted viruses or edited posted content to swap them with viruses. On other boards, the restriction is simply to preserve conversations. Posts are still editable for certain amount of time and Premium members can always edit their posts too.

Any examples?
This: . (https://otland.net/threads/262951) (will be deleted soon)
All other "examples" are obviously deleted so you can't see them.

We generally don't care about deleting useless content. Premium members always had the ability to delete their own posts/threads.
Weird. I just tried to delete my 8 months old 2 page small thread, got my report rejected with the comment "Closed thread, wont delete it.", which is mighty unhelpful when you're trying to re-create the thread without all the old baggage, but you're not even allowed to edit your own post.
There's no attachments or links to anything useful in the thread, it's not in the Downloads or Resources categories, there's not even any interesting discussion or activity, just a bunch of update posts about my project over time, some "omg nice!" posts, some random posts of people going "hmmm.... I don't think Python is as fast as C++....!!!", and you dropping in to basically say "pls contribute to my project, The OTS Guide" or something, which I respected at the time, until I tried to PM you to have a nice chat, and you pretty much just cold shouldered me with the equivalent of "f you, but have a nice day :)".

You sure you're not just trying to take away as many member "rights" as possible here, so you can terrorize everyone into staying quiet about all the corruption, meanwhile you guys can maximize your profits, let cyber-criminals like well-known exposed DDoSers roam free here, perhaps in exchange for a little dough, let the guys that pays you enough behind the scenes mass-spam their threads with alternative accounts like this, meanwhile persecuting people like me for using the four-letter "f" word, close my threads, edit my posts, hand out warnings/infractions that never clarifies anything about how close you are to getting banned or anything else (leaves the members not knowing so they can sit and worry about it and not say anything you don't want them to, that's the tactic here, right? Just like you guys never mention what the cause of any of the infractions you give), trying to publicly shame me by saying shit like """Closing this thread because "someone" can't behave""" before closing my thread so I don't have a chance to respond or ask any questions about that, and without having clarified even a single time in my 2 1/2 active years on this account what I've actually ever done wrong on here in your opinions in any case?
Cause every single time I've received an infraction I've literally been told nothing more than "Read the rules", feel free to ask me for the evidence, which is very unhelpful when you've read them several times over and there's seemingly no answer to be found in them at all...

We generally don't delete threads on request, that's why your report was rejected. Even if post editing was possible you wouldn't be able to delete the thread.

Do you have anything specific you want me to go over? You should consider each warning to be serious, not just wait until you have the last one before getting a ban to stop breaking rules. Also, moderators can give you a warning with any number of points. You need 3 active points to be banned. You currently have one point active and 2 points inactive.

We generally don't delete threads on request, that's why your report was rejected. Even if post editing was possible you wouldn't be able to delete the thread.
Ok, but I'd be able to change the thread up to my likings and possibly continue using the same thread if I'm not allowed to delete my own thread.
But I also did just quote you saying in this very thread
We generally don't care about deleting useless content. Premium members always had the ability to delete their own posts/threads.
Now you're saying you generally don't allow thread deletions on request. So I suppose what you're saying is.... only premium members are allowed to have their threads deleted period full stop?
Any other quirky premium features like these stated anywhere, or might you be so kind as to share them with me so I may know what I can and can't do in comparison to premium members?
Not trying to criticize, just trying to understand the dynamics of this forum these days.

Do you have anything specific you want me to go over?
In what regards exactly? If you mean about my earlier infractions, sure, feel free to look them up.
I argue that every single infraction except the very last one I got was both completely unjust and unexplained (the last one I got was also unexplained, but I assume it's because a regular member whom I've had beef with before came into my thread being passive aggressive and literally trolling my thread with arrogant literal nonsense, and when I responded in the same passive aggressive way and he and his friends just kept trolling I decided to call him a "moron" not being aware that was a rule violation at the time, and I guess that was so excessive and terrible of me that I just had to get my thread locked, have a global mod trying to publicly shame me before locking the thread by saying that I'm "not able to behave" without giving me a chance to ask questions or respond, and give me an unknown infraction - I suppose based on the information you just gave me at the end of your post I probably got one point for that. I'll accept that one point/infraction and some blame for having used this terribly evil and dehumanizing word, but again every infraction previous to that was unjust.

You should consider each warning to be serious, not just wait until you have the last one before getting a ban to stop breaking rules.
Indeed that's why I literally PM'd every single moderator who ever gave me a warning/infraction asking for a clarification about what I did in an effort to understand and learn what I did wrong so I can adapt, or as you say stop breaking the rules, but never actually got a decent answer even once.
Appreciate the lecture though.

Also, moderators can give you a warning with any number of points. You need 3 active points to be banned. You currently have one point active and 2 points inactive.
Ok, nice. Does inactive points basically mean they no longer count, like a historical record, or can they be activated again somehow? I feel like I have to ask since pretty much nothing about this forum surprises me anymore and I'm not sure I can expect any kind of consistency or sense of justice at all, so might as well ask.
That said, it would've been really nice if these messages/warnings/infractions actually told you how many points you were given though, as you might agree with me there are still greater and lesser offenses, just like with the law, right?
As in one might either be pardoned or get a small ticket for minor accidental mistakes, but get a lifesentence in the case of murder, and hopefully you acknowledge there's a difference between two?
Btw on the topic of major violations of the law and human decency, was R.yan ever punished when his messages were leaked of him admitting himself to have consistently and persistently DDoSed several different (major) OTS a few years back? Just curious.

Regarding OtLand Premium - Information & Questions (https://otland.net/threads/regarding-otland-premium-information-questions.79931/)

Yes, premium members always had the ability to delete posts. However, not in all circumstances.

Your previous two infractions (yes, inactive points don't count):
  • you posted a "bump", that's spam and is not allowed. The warning message wasn't exactly obvious (it said: Violating Board Rules).
  • You wrote off-topic messages in an advertisement thread and got "inappropriate behavior" warning.

I do not have the time to read through the whole thread and all the posts that pertain to them. Feel free to ask the moderators that gave it to them. If you claim they didn't respond, add me to the original conversation where you got the warning.

Hmm.... Ok. Appreciate the info/link.

Your previous two infractions (yes, inactive points don't count):
  • you posted a "bump", that's spam and is not allowed. The warning message wasn't exactly obvious (it said: Violating Board Rules).
  • You wrote off-topic messages in an advertisement thread and got "inappropriate behavior" warning.
I appreciate you looking into this and for being honest about the warning message being generic and nondescript, but wait,
1) Since when did bumping a thread become illegal and count as spam?
Doesn't the rules say something like: bumping a thread more than once every 24 hours is against the rules?
But this bump was literally my first bump both in that thread and in that day generally, probably my first bump that year tbh, cus I very, very, very rarely bump threads ever.
Feel free to search for it if you want, it's not like I can edit my posts even if I wanted to try cover anything up lol.
2) And how was this off-topic? I was criticizing the advertisement thread's main/original post and the topic at hand directly, how could I possibly have been any more on-topic?

I do not have the time to read through the whole thread and all the posts that pertain to them. Feel free to ask the moderators that gave it to them. If you claim they didn't respond, add me to the original conversation where you got the warning.
I can add you to it if you want to, but I've talked enough with that moderator without getting anywhere with him to be interested in talking anymore to or with him, especially after he started acting out vengefully towards me by trying to publicly shame me and things like that instead of learning to have a conversation like an adult.
But yeah, the moderator did respond, I never said otherwise, he just didn't clarify anything nor answer any of my questions in any kind of specific or applicable way, he might almost as well just have told me "all posts I delete are bad and should be deleted, so next time read the rules", which is pretty much just as meaningless of an answer as it doesn't clarify anything and is completely circular as well.

Last edited:
Hmm.... Ok. Appreciate the info/link.

He gave you the link?

Guess I should help you since I have given you 2 / 3 warnings.
The one in support was not from me, but you posted at 9:25 AM (oct 26 -18) "bump?"
Prev post was at 12:41 AM

So it was not 24h since the last post.
That gave you a 1 month warning.

Seems like Don mixed up 2 warnings, the last warning (the one that still is active) is from this thread; OpenTibia SPR Replacement Project (https://otland.net/threads/opentibia-spr-replacement-project.262890/)

The post(s) that gave you the warning that already has expired is from this thread; [France] Septera - Project Complete - Coming Soon (https://otland.net/threads/france-septera-project-complete-coming-soon.257733/)

The first warning I gave you we had a discussion about it, the second one you diden't respond to.
I have invited Don into that conversation.

Not sure what you mean about the "shame?"
Could it be that I posted that I locked your thread? - OpenTibia SPR Replacement Project (https://otland.net/threads/opentibia-spr-replacement-project.262890/#post-2542601)

I normally write that I closed the thread if it's not super old and why I did so.
Otherwise we get PMs or reports asking why it's closed.

And as I told you in my last PM, if you feel I did something wrong then let Don decide.

The one in support was not from me, but you posted at 9:25 AM (oct 26 -18) "bump?"
Prev post was at 12:41 AM

So it was not 24h since the last post.
That gave you a 1 month warning.
Hmm, the rules are not actually that clear here, but I see I also confused myself here at one point by reading the wrong Rules thread.
Your rules states as kind of a footnote to the Spam classification:
This also applies if you for example "bump" a thread within 24 hours.
Within 24 hours from what exactly?
There is no clarification in your rules thread, and at one point I accidentally found the wrong Rules thread, since there's several, and didn't notice that I got the wrong one when I used the Search function trying to quickly look up the rules at one moment which lead to this old Rules post that happens to be more specific and says
You have to wait 24 hours to post after your own post in a thread.
This, coupled with some (perhaps twisted) common sense of my own, led me to believe that the 24 hours rule applies to one's own last post rather than anyone else's, which is not specified.
Anyway, I appreciate the clarification, completely makes no sense to be focusing on potential and completely inconspicuous rule violations like this if you actually take a 15 seconds long look around the forums here and notice how many posts are actually violating rules and common sense just on the front page, but whatever, I don't care, certainly not about this incident, I had fun upsetting Stigma a little when he runs around spamming "yes" and "no" in every thread he finds and spams almost nothing but emojis on Discord, so it was still completely worth, even though I wasn't actually trying to upset him, just messing around a little just like he was doing all the time both in Discord and on here ¯\(ツ)

The first warning I gave you we had a discussion about it, the second one you diden't respond to.
Correct, with the first one being Septera, the second one being OpenTibia Spr.

Not sure what you mean about the "shame?"
I know, words are hard, don't worry about it.

I normally write that I closed the thread if it's not super old and why I did so.
Otherwise we get PMs or reports asking why it's closed.
Right, you just happened to be "forced" to insinuate that I'm some kind of animal before randomly closing my thread. Good one shorty o/
Not a personal attack btw, just referring to the cool shorts you're wearing, which you see I'm forced by my own overlords to compliment you on.

And as I told you in my last PM, if you feel I did something wrong then let Don decide.
That's awfully cute. I'm sure Don appreciates that.

Btw @Don Daniello
Maybe not the best time, but am I allowed to create another PyOT2 thread, whether under the same or a different name?

Last edited:
Doesn't the rules say something like: bumping a thread more than once every 24 hours is against the rules?
There is no rule allowing bumps that are no more frequent than 24 hours. In fact, there is no rule for bumps at all. Hence, if you "bump", you are spamming because there is no useful content being added - that is what makes it spam. We don't need to explain every possible way you could spam to have "rule" we can quote right now. If your thread isn't interesting, either make it more interesting by adding something creative or it shouldn't be on the first page.

Now this conversation is also off-topic. It's about post editing restrictions and not about your personal history of getting warned for not following the rules.

You sure you're not just trying to take away as many member "rights" as possible here, so you can terrorize everyone into staying quiet about all the corruption, meanwhile you guys can maximize your profits, let cyber-criminals like well-known exposed DDoSers roam free here, perhaps in exchange for a little dough, let the guys that pays you enough behind the scenes mass-spam their threads with alternative accounts like this, meanwhile persecuting people like me for using the four-letter "f" word, close my threads, edit my posts, hand out warnings/infractions that never clarifies anything about how close you are to getting banned or anything else (leaves the members not knowing so they can sit and worry about it and not say anything you don't want them to, that's the tactic here, right? Just like you guys never mention what the cause of any of the infractions you give), trying to publicly shame me by saying shit like """Closing this thread because "someone" can't behave""" before closing my thread so I don't have a chance to respond or ask any questions about that.

10/10 best conspirational fanfic I ever read in OtLand. It actually beat Ezzz releasing Nostalrius by being threatened by the mafia. Now some other random users will come state the obvious (I mean, my horde of friends will come to troll), and Wibbenz and Don will keep their shady schemes to make money in OtLand over randomly warning e.e

#delusional

Regarding topic I would like to add that people don't own threads, they start it, and by changing/removing content they can disrupt context and ruin all the discussion for the rest of the community. I fully support how it works right now, and as Wibbenz described, mod team are fully able to handle edit requests. There are obviously pros and cons with either choice though.

Please Wibbenz deposit my money in the same bank account as ever.

Last edited:
There is no rule allowing bumps that are no more frequent than 24 hours. In fact, there is no rule for bumps at all.
Of course there is. Have you actually read the rules?

2. Spamming / Double post:
You may not repeat the same message multiple times. It is seen as spamming, and will be deleted. If you accidentally post the same content twice, report one of the duplicate posts so a moderator can delete or merge that post.
This also applies if you for example "bump" a thread within 24 hours.
In this very case it says the rule applies to bumps within 24 hours (it isn't explained within what 24 hours, but still). While it doesn't necessarily mean this rule doesn't apply to other bumps, it's pretty obvious this part should be re-written if other bumps are disallowed as well – it would be very misleading otherwise.

Edit: Btw, for some reason the rules post isn't quotable – I had to manually copy-paste user's and post's IDs.

Back