• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About blessing in TFS 1.1

vichoko

Reaction score
Hello again! First if all, i want to thank everyone for the good attitude for helping. I've learned a lot with this community.

So, the thing is that Players of my server are telling me that blessing isn't protecting enough level and skill lose. For example, a player level 141 lost an entire level and skill when he died; although he had all 5 blessings.

I'm not sure if this is normal or if this is an error with the blessing. Because i don't know how does lose -reduction works. And i don't know where can i check in my TFS files the formula.

Can someone confirm if there is actally a problem, based on the example i gave.
And if there is an error, where can i fix it.

Thanks for reading,

-1 (the default value) is the lowest value you can put in config.lua. older tfs versions let you configure this much better but I believe that there'll be the same options in tfs 1.1 once it's fully complete. For example they just added the ability to make you configure stamina, party exp etc in yesterdays github update so I think they'll add death loss options soon too.

to make the exp loss even lower you have to edit the sources or make some kind of creaturescript I guess,
anyways here's what you need to adjust in the sources:
in player.cpp
find
Code:
uint64_t expLoss = (uint64_t)(experience * deathLossPercent);
replace with
Code:
uint64_t expLoss = (uint64_t)(experience * deathLossPercent * 0.5);

Now players will lose 50% less exp than before

-1 (the default value) is the lowest value you can put in config.lua. older tfs versions let you configure this much better but I believe that there'll be the same options in tfs 1.1 once it's fully complete. For example they just added the ability to make you configure stamina, party exp etc in yesterdays github update so I think they'll add death loss options soon too.

to make the exp loss even lower you have to edit the sources or make some kind of creaturescript I guess,
anyways here's what you need to adjust in the sources:
in player.cpp
find
Code:
uint64_t expLoss = (uint64_t)(experience * deathLossPercent);
replace with
Code:
uint64_t expLoss = (uint64_t)(experience * deathLossPercent * 0.5);

Now players will lose 50% less exp than before
Thank you for your answer!!
But i need to be sure that there is a problem first, before fixing it.
Can someone confirm if the blessing is working badly, with the information i provided? ( 1 level, 1 skill level loss for a lvl 141)

Thank you again @Ahilphino my friend.

Back