• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion About "copyright" @ Advertisement board

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvoXtreme

evoXtreme.net
Reaction score
Dear OTLand,

Due to I think OTLand is one of the biggest possibility to get players I invested in a really great ad, which was made by Winnerandy, requested by me and paid by me.

I never even thought about people that would copy it since I thought that mods would help me out to remove/delete/edit the copiers threads. But they didn't.

So now I'm here without any special thread since a lot of other people just ripped it of and I can't do anything.

Real thread :
http://otland.net/f43/sweden-evoxtr...on-8-6-real-war-system-started-20-2-a-119892/

Example of copiers :
http://otland.net/f43/united-kingdom-forgottenl-8-54-high-rate-rebirth-system-great-events-120524/
http://otland.net/f43/usa-menera-net-8-60-evolution-server-124715/

There for I'd like to suggest a new rule which can protect a persons design.

If other mods agree, I can add this new rule to the sticky thread in Advertisement board, so copying threads can get reported and deleted.

You can't punish someone for copying if you have no rights over what is being copied. Apply for a patent/copyright.

You can't punish someone for copying if you have no rights over what is being copied. Apply for a patent/copyright.

I'm just thinking about making a new rule that makes it illegal to copy the design and can be punished with edit or deleted thread?

where would we be without copyright breaks? can u honestly say u are buying all ur movies and games?

where would we be without copyright breaks? can u honestly say u are buying all ur movies and games?

We are talking about thread design, not some movies or games..

Also, this could easily be done by what example CyberM said.

I reported a thread that looked just like mine, it got removed in no time at all.

I like Evo's idea but about the punishment i think it shouldn't be deleted or just follow this steps to delete it:
1. Report.
2. A moderator tell the user to edit his "advertisement format".
3. Give him an entire day to do it.
4. Edit or delete the thread.

Note* If the Step #4 is "Edit", create a format wich "uninspired" users can use.

I like Evo's idea but about the punishment i think it shouldn't be deleted or just follow this steps to delete it:
1. Report.
2. A moderator tell the user to edit his "advertisement format".
3. Give him an entire day to do it.
4. Edit or delete the thread.

Note* If the Step #4 is "Edit", create a format wich "uninspired" users can use.

I love it! About the note, it already exist in a sticky (problem solved) :)

copyright is copyright, no matter what it's about.
Well, this thread isn't about movies or games copyrights, is it? He's talking about a forum thread design.

The layout/template/setup whatever you want to call it, has no copyright. Perhaps the lined images, however it seems they are not copyrighted either, and its very easy to make custom versions of those lines.

There is no rules against this, and I hardly doubt there will be any specific rule for it. Its all BBcode and is available to everyone.

Thread designed by Winnerandy. You may not use anything in this thread. [fail].
All Rights Reserved.
Sorry, you cant do this. Its not valid. And do you think you are the first one on the world who made this BBcode layout?
Also, you totally failed on writing a properly copyright.

According to these claims, I am not allowed to use center? or set it in the same order? Or write similar information? Sorry, this is stupid.

Last edited:
Dear OTLand,

Due to I think OTLand is one of the biggest possibility to get players I invested in a really great ad, which was made by Winnerandy, requested by me and paid by me.

I never even thought about people that would copy it since I thought that mods would help me out to remove/delete/edit the copiers threads. But they didn't.

So now I'm here without any special thread since a lot of other people just ripped it of and I can't do anything.

Real thread :
http://otland.net/f43/sweden-evoxtr...on-8-6-real-war-system-started-20-2-a-119892/

Example of copiers :
http://otland.net/f43/united-kingdom-forgottenl-8-54-high-rate-rebirth-system-great-events-120524/
http://otland.net/f43/usa-menera-net-8-60-evolution-server-124715/

There for I'd like to suggest a new rule which can protect a persons design.

1. It thread i buy from WINNERANDY... I paid 5EUR to him for it thread.
2. I don't put copyright... why not my doing.

;)

1. It thread i buy from WINNERANDY... I paid 5EUR to him for it thread.
2. I don't put copyright... why not my doing.

;)

That's right. Nwtr bought the thread I had.

#Edit

The thing EvoXtreme is trying to tell you guys is that people are just "quoting" to see the BBcode and copy it. And what he's trying to tell you guys with
"Thread designed by Winnerandy. You may not use anything in this thread. All Rights Reserved." is that you're not allowed to take the design/'idéa'.

Last edited:
It might sound stupid "thread design copyright", alright, let's not call it a copyright, but a way to respect people who actually paid for a design and the designer.

Suggestions:
# 1: remove the quote function in advertisement board.
# 2: remove the quote function in first post of an advertisement thread.
# 3: let moderators set such threads as unapproved until the OP changes the content.

You may like this post if you agree with me, or simply post.

It might sound stupid "thread design copyright", alright, let's not call it a copyright, but a way to respect people who actually paid for a design and the designer.

Suggestions:
# 1: remove the quote function in advertisement board.
# 2: remove the quote function in first post of an advertisement thread.
# 3: let moderators set such threads as unapproved until the OP changes the content.

You may like this post if you agree with me, or simply post.

This is indeed stupid overall. Why would you need a "thread copyright"? Is it really the end of the world that someone is using your thread layout? If it's so fucking important put this in the footer: "you may use this thread layout if you give credits to me". That way you get free advertising yourself. Copyright is NEVER good. Find other solutions, fools.

This is indeed stupid overall. Why would you need a "thread copyright"? Is it really the end of the world that someone is using your thread layout? If it's so fucking important put this in the footer: "you may use this thread layout if you give credits to me". That way you get free advertising yourself. Copyright is NEVER good. Find other solutions, fools.

You could indeed keep that in the footer, but someone who would copy it without permission just show how proffesional they are.

The problem is you don't want to share something you bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back