• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About editing threads

drakylucas

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
It's a shame that I can't edit my own threads (at least on Resources part of the forum).
If you think someone would delete the content they have posted, just keep an history about all edits (like facebook does), and let people click and see the different versions of the same thread. I don't think it's hard to implement, it should be just a new table on the database with a foreign key linking to the post ID, with all topics version.

it's not about deleting content
it's because moderators had to confirm that people's links were safe, and afterwards if you had the ability to edit the thread and a mod had already confirmed it, you could just post a virus and fuck everyone over so easily
it's obviously not hard to do, if you really need to edit the thread just report it and say "i need this edited" and just put a pastebin link with the new content

Editing posts
Suggestion - Editing posts in Website Applications

Thats from the first page

And it's both because of the ability to change the link to one with a virus in it aswell as people removing content.

Moderators can see the history of all the changes you do, users can see some of them (depending on time I think).
This is a good way to solve the "problems" IMO, a thing that would make it perfect is if we had an automatic double post merger, like in the past so if you wanna change something just create another post and it will be merged to the prev. post.

Back