• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About Learning & This Community - Wikia Added to Project

Is this something you would like to see on Otland?

• Yes!

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No!

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I just download & run shit, I don't care.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
I am not going to bother with it, I don't see how it will be useful to anyone on here and as someone above mention this isn't that type of community at least not any more.

Also based on the votes/feedback we received from this thread leads me to believe I am wasting what little time i have to 'help' people who just don't want to help themselves except to something they can exploit for their own financial gain especially when they have to do none of the work themselves.

The only person who did/started any work was @Shadowsong

This is just how I feel and if you don't like it or agree with my point of view, you don't have to.
O well :/ you were quick to give up.
I just got back home yesterday to start working on scripts.

Besides at first I though someone is going to say which kind of LUA tutorial they are interested and then I make it. (not overnight, but few hours each day when I get time)
But as it seems you only had an idea that you wanted to help, but did not really think it trough nor plan anything to support idea.

PS: why we need wiki? We have tutorial board where we can simply make new thread for each board.
And for people who looking for guides have much easier time to find it here than to find some kind of unknown wiki of tutorials.
Also as I can see people respond to tutorials here, which makes it easier to update the tutorials themselves if they get outdated.

You keep comparing the votes and views in every thread. plz use common sense. Discussion thread has maybe around 100 unique accounts checking around weekly. And this is very specific topic what most of them wont care about.

If new tutorials are only useful for 1 person is it not enough for you?
You knew well enough that these tutorials will be used by the people who want to earn money with them. So why is that suddenly an issue?
You were leading with nice post 1 and now you are talking against yourself. Pls stop account sharing.

I would love to see something like this happen. I dont really know much when it comes to the programming aspect of these things. Yes, there are tutorials on this site that can help to get the right information I need, but they are kinda scattered out, and sometimes outdated. A site like you are wanting to make would really help me to become better at the programming.

Just my .02

All this will do is take traffic away from OTLand... if you want someone to google "how to compile forgotten server" eventually... after many clicks all users will be taken to a that Wiki page... rather than OTLand... OTLand itself is a giant collective of tutorials and downloads anyways....

Look at this... Google "how to compile forgotten server" OTLand is 6th on the list.. GitHub is the first 5... After this wiki page goes up, stays up for a while... OTLand might not even be on that list..

Getting traffic to your site is a big part of keeping a community alive... If someone wants to learn how to do something... and the first slot is on a Github/Wiki. When the same tutorial is on OTLand... Why would they ever click on OTLand in the first place??

im not saying github/wiki is bad.. it's awesome... im saying the loss of traffic to this site is bad..

Eventually.. if you put all the tutorials on that wiki.. then what brings new people to OTLand???

Seems pointless to me.. Should just spice up the OTLand tutorial section.. Start making this site better rather than making all these new websites >.>

In my opinion.. OTLand should have its Serverlist.. Spriting section. A better bigger tutorial section...A big mapping section.. A chat system...

Make OTLand into 1 giant non-profit OT Hub.. Rather than have all these different places...

Last edited:
All this will do is take traffic away from OTLand... if you want someone to google "how to compile forgotten server" eventually... after many clicks all users will be taken to a that Wiki page... rather than OTLand... OTLand itself is a giant collective of tutorials and downloads anyways....

Look at this... Google "how to compile forgotten server" OTLand is 6th on the list.. GitHub is the first 5... After this wiki page goes up, stays up for a while... OTLand might not even be on that list..

Getting traffic to your site is a big part of keeping a community alive... If someone wants to learn how to do something... and the first slot is on a Github/Wiki. When the same tutorial is on OTLand... Why would they ever click on OTLand in the first place??

im not saying github/wiki is bad.. it's awesome... im saying the loss of traffic to this site is bad..

Eventually.. if you put all the tutorials on that wiki.. then what brings new people to OTLand???

Seems pointless to me.. Should just spice up the OTLand tutorial section.. Start making this site better rather than making all these new websites >.>

In my opinion.. OTLand should have its Serverlist.. Spriting section. A better bigger tutorial section...A big mapping section.. A chat system...

Make OTLand into 1 giant non-profit OT Hub.. Rather than have all these different places...

you are right i think we should do that..

@Mark

Back