• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Abreak's Mapping

abreak

Lost Spirit Owner
Reaction score
Greetings OTland,
So tonight I was told my mapping is bad and I needed to get some tips. So here is what I decided to do, I will be posting some of my latest work and you all and give me some constructive-critizism, tips or thoughtful ideas. Please no flaming. Some details about my mapping history: I've been mapping for 5 months but have only created about 10 pieces for servers and such. I map when I'm bored so most of my pieces are from being bored. Thanks for the help :ninja:

Yours,
Abreak
So, I posted this same picture 8 times because I kept finding mistakes everytime I posted it and I finally got them all, so critisize and tip!
2m31j88.png

Last edited:
You suck, stop mapping...

:> Kidding, looking forward to see what you got to offer :D

i told him that and he says "You have no taste in art" I laughed.

Don't post here if it has nothing to do with my screenshots. @ Moist, I didn't say your name

@ Neon Thanks, i'm going to go cry now :`(
@Epple Ok

Last edited:
Don't post here if it has nothing to do with my screenshots. @ Moist, I didn't say your name

@ Neon Thanks, i'm going to go cry now :`(
@Epple Ok

Your right, you didnt use my name, so yes i am sorry for calling you out on your mapping, but i told you at start your mapping needs work but no offense and you came back saying i have no taste. Ive worked with ots for 4 years vigorously, not like some say where they do stuff once a month for 4 years, ive scripted, mapped and coded for 4 years several days a week. I know what im talking about and your mapping is no good.

If you plan to be a serious mapper you need to learn how to take criticism, it's otland, you'll get alot of it i promise.

~Moist

@ Becone That isn't critisizm, a tip nor does it help me any
@ Moist I can take critisizm but I got out of hand when you said my mapping wasn't good, my apologies. Also, if you hadn't have said I was a bad mapper I wouldn't have made this thread to get tips and help, so thank -you.
@ Petracyus Yeah I didn't see that till after I posted, I am changing it.

Last edited:
C'mon, there's no way this mountain is perfect! Post Ideas and tips, I urge you to!

Last edited:
It's not critisizm if you can't even spell practicing..and that doesn't help me one bit

It's not critisizm if you can't even spell practicing..and that doesn't help me one bit

And you should stop bitching about everything, he said that you should keep practicing, and that is a good advice, if people comment on your thread than should you be thankfull for it and not bitch about every comment.

The mountain is too squary, the island is too small and it isnt looking natural, make the island rounder and the mountain less squary, the dead tree to the left doesnt fit there, your using too much gravel and the 2 big stones to the left dont look natural.
Also it wud look better without the spikes, the borders are okay and look good and it cud be either a NPC place or a good spawn for wolfs or wyvern (But only if it were bigger because i hate the wyvern spawns that are just like 3x3 sqm big.)

Except from some flaws is it looking good.

I'm not bitching, I hate it when people leave a 2 word comment
Anyways, back on topic. It's not meant to be a hunting area..and it's not meant to be an island. Also, thanks.

You really cant take any critisizm can you?

I wouldn't take critisizm from you neither... Since you're one of the biggest trolls around here.
You just click around on random Mapping threads and comment like you were some sort of mapping god.

Have you ever mapped something? Please show us, because I don't want any random noob mapper to comment peoples thread like he's better.

@Topic

Abreak, It's not the best, nor the worst. But read some tutorials, I bet there is a mountain tutorial in the mapping section.
And that dark grey ground in the middle of the island, is not walkable.

I wouldn't take critisizm from you neither... Since you're one of the biggest trolls around here.
You just click around on random Mapping threads and comment like you were some sort of mapping god.

Have you ever mapped something? Please show us, because I don't want any random noob mapper to comment peoples thread like he's better.

Yea i actually have got a thread smartass and i dont need to be a mapper to say what looks good and what sucks, and please nerdrage on someone else, ive never said im better nor have i commented like it, i always said what i think about someones map without asslicking anyone and i always said what I THINK that should be changed to look better so get lost.

Last edited:
Greetings OTland,
So tonight I was told my mapping is bad and I needed to get some tips. So here is what I decided to do, I will be posting some of my latest work and you all and give me some constructive-critizism, tips or thoughtful ideas. Please no flaming. Some details about my mapping history: I've been mapping for 5 months but have only created about 10 pieces for servers and such. I map when I'm bored so most of my pieces are from being bored. Thanks for the help :ninja:

Yours,
Abreak
So, I posted this same picture 8 times because I kept finding mistakes everytime I posted it and I finally got them all, so critisize and tip!
2m31j88.png

TBH, It looks bad why?
  1. I like the dead grass but i hate the border get rid of it.
  2. I hate on +1 the brown small stones use them on dirt or something.
  3. I hate the shape of the mountain and island
  4. I hate that there is nothing around the mountain(most times it looks bad).
  5. I hate the borders around the mountain that looks bad either(sometimes it doesn't).
  6. Your can go the mountain up but you can't go down anymore(In my screen neither but i've already added in the map.
  7. I dislike the fat grass tufts i recommend the smaller one.
  8. I hate an small island with a mountain wich floats on nothing (If you make it try to make it atleast beautyfull.
  9. I hate the stalagmites(386 and 387) I recommend (390 and 391).
  10. I actually hate also the ground combination you made with the other mountain and that white sand floor but i've left it this time.

I've tried to map something simliar like yours:
http://img02.imgland.net/LUojonHcoj.png

And if you want to search ID's or whatever you can download it(coordination +/- 400x400x7).
xmpl otbm

Back