• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Absolute anti clon system

eyez

Reaction score
I suffer so much with cloners, with a low loot OT, low exp, ppl clone everything...

i found this on forum:

would it solve my problem?
is it too heavy for the server?
there is a way to optimize the onmove script?
what the house part do?

I would like to know about what experienced people think

It's inefficient and I wouldn't recommend it at all, you should rather work on getting the methods of cloning taken care of, if it's such a big problem in your case.

fk
really!? it wont work, saving everytime player move itens, trade?

the problem is every solution here in forum is for donate items, i dont even have donate items in my server, its all free
but the server is too hard, so player will clone everything, gold, loots, items

the only one i found that dont talk about donate items was this: GlobalEvent - Anti-Dupe - Delete all items with duplicated serial from your database. (https://otland.net/threads/anti-dupe-delete-all-items-with-duplicated-serial-from-your-database.136899/)
but i'm noob, i dont understand a shit about the code

what do u think about that? would work with every item? is that good? or its inefficient too?

How do players even clone things on your ot?
saves and crashes will restart the ot and save the information at the same time, so you can always clone items if you know how to crash the server.

we added an special id to every item created so every startup we check if there is any repeated unique id to delete it and log the player who has it.

saves and crashes will restart the ot and save the information at the same time, so you can always clone items if you know how to crash the server.

we added an special id to every item created so every startup we check if there is any repeated unique id to delete it and log the player who has it.
Why would his server crash so frequently? The problem is in the server itself, he tries to apply a patch to whole bigger and deeper problem. Fix the cause of crashes not the outcome of them...

Clones comes with crashes as @StreamSide said
Crashes can comes on map bugs, source bugs, lua script bugs and maybe other stuff idk (i had a lot of problems with it years ago)
Obviously i have to fix the crashes problems
But it is at least responsible to have something to deal with clone stuff
So players will not be able to abuse the crashes, it increases the likelihood of even players reporting the crash, since it doesn't benefit anyone

Back