• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Account Manager option on config.lua not working

kalebealves

Reaction score
When I try to access the account 1 with password 1 the client says that account information is not correct.

I'm using linux and followed these steps

- compilled "The forgotten server" version 1.1 from github
- loaded schema.sql to my mysql database
The database has all the tables and fileds but has no data on any table, not even on accounts and players​
- set mysql user and password on config.lua
- set the "option accountManager = true" on config.lua
- started the server and from were i see, it went all well

this is the console output from the server:

$ ./tfs
The Forgotten Server - Version 1.1
Compiled with GNU C++ version 4.9.2 20150304 (prerelease)
Compiled on May 1 2015 15:26:35 for platform x64

A server developed by Mark Samman
Visit our forum for updates, support, and resources: http://otland.net/.

>> Loading config
>> Establishing database connection... MySQL 10.0.17-MariaDB
>> Running database manager
>> Loading vocations
>> Loading items
>> Loading script systems
>> Loading monsters
>> Loading outfits
>> Checking world type... PVP
>> Loading map
> Map size: 1000x1000.
> Map loading time: 1.026 seconds.
>> Initializing gamestate
>> Loaded all modules, server starting up...
>> Forgotten Server Online!
What could be wrong with my server?

tfs 1.1 has no ingame account manager by default, you need to add one yourself.
I have one ready to be implemented but the account manager is still in beta and need to be tested, if you want it I can forward it to you and explain you how to implement it.

tfs 1.1 has no ingame account manager by default, you need to add one yourself.
I have one ready to be implemented but the account manager is still in beta and need to be tested, if you want it I can forward it to you and explain you how to implement it.
that would be nice...

I've been thinking on how to implement that with scripts but didn't found any command on lua scripts to createaccounts.

other question... if there is not a built in account manager, why sould I use the forgotten server and not the original one from github.com/opentibia/server ?

that would be nice...

I've been thinking on how to implement that with scripts but didn't found any command on lua scripts to createaccounts.

other question... if there is not a built in account manager, why sould I use the forgotten server and not the original one from github.com/opentibia/server ?
because otserver is highly outdated, tfs 1.1 is the most stable and up to date server atm and it's in steady development.

The Account Manager I've written is mostly done in lua, you just need to add a few core changes but the rest is handled in lua files.
leave me your skype and I'll provide you with everything needed.

https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-x-ingame-account-manager-searching-testers.230337/

Last edited:
because otserver is highly outdated, tfs 1.1 is the most stable and up to date server atm and he's in steady development.

The Account Manager I've written is mostly done in lua, you just need to add a few core changes but the rest is handled in lua files.
leave me your skype and I'll provide you with everything needed.

https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-x-ingame-account-manager-searching-testers.230337/
Really nice bro. Have you tried a pull request to its source page? There is a issue there about a new account manager. How can I add that to my server? It's open source?

I'm trying to create the accounts from sql queries but after create them I cant login from the client.

the query looks like this:
INSERT INTO `forgottenserver`.`accounts` (`name`, `password`) VALUES ('test', 'test');​

after run that, the registry is created with some aditional field that with a select query are.
id: 1
name: test
password: test
type: 1
premdays: 0
lastday: 0
email:
creation: 0​

Is there something wrong with that data and my insert query is wrong?

nice, now i've stored my hashed password on database but when i try to login with tibia(and ip changer of corse) client it crashs with critical error and the with yatc the it freezes on "connecting to login server"...

Do I need to set anything on my database rather than account table to be able to login?

[Edit]

I was able to find this error message on yatc console:
ERROR: protected lua call failed: LUA ERROR:
C++ call failed: InputMessage eof reached
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'getString'
/gamelib/protocollogin.lua:229: in function 'parseCharacterList'
/gamelib/protocollogin.lua:166: in function </gamelib/protocollogin.lua:148>​

figured out that was the lua function to pase the character list on the source code, so that was getting a nil list and no a string, So I created a player for that account, and the error is still happening... have anyone any insight about this?

[Edit 2]

Turns out that tfs 1.1 version only suports version 10.x clients.

Last edited:
Back