• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Account manager or website!

Account Manager Or Website

• Website!

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Account Manager!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

gotille

Reaction score
Well as you see the title this is a vote if i should use account manager or website!

So please vote and write why you think so ^_^

Website because of the highscores and forum possibility.

A website if you're going to be a bit serious, an account manager if you have it for the ololulz - aka it can shutdown anytime soon.

I find in-game account manager a lot quicker, a lot more user-friendly, and a lot more secure.
Just because you have a website, it does not mean you're more serious.

Everything you use on a common website/aac can be done in-game, even donation system.

I find in-game account manager a lot quicker, a lot more user-friendly, and a lot more secure.
Just because you have a website, it does not mean you're more serious.

Everything you use on a common website/aac can be done in-game, even donation system.
I'm with Evan, I myself prefer Ingame Account Manager too, websites are unnecessary

Disagree with both of the above, websites i find are quicker, no need to log in, make the account, log out, log into new account, make character, then log out, log into character bs.

Plus a website holds highscores, server information, news etc etc
One must go forward for success, not backwards.

Disagree with both of the above, websites i find are quicker, no need to log in, make the account, log out, log into new account, make character, then log out, log into character bs.

Plus a website holds highscores, server information, news etc etc
One must go forward for success, not backwards.

What the hell are you talking about?

Have you EVER used the account manager before?
You can create a brand new character after you create your account, WITHOUT LOGGING OUT.

You don't need to LOAD browser, CLICK on link, fill in the form, INCLUDING the captcha shit, check "Agree to terms", then FINALLY create a character.
You can have in-game highscores, you can have in-game server information, you can read all news in-game as well.

What the hell are you talking about?

Have you EVER used the account manager before?
You can create a brand new character after you create your account, WITHOUT LOGGING OUT.

You don't need to LOAD browser, CLICK on link, fill in the form, INCLUDING the captcha shit, check "Agree to terms", then FINALLY create a character.
You can have in-game highscores, you can have in-game server information, you can read all news in-game as well.

But you get a better overview on the website

Everything can of course be added in-game, that doesn't mean it's the best solution though. Large amounts of information; highscores, news, character lookup etc. look bad in the client and it's also not very user friendly with the current client. In the character creation aspect there's not much difference except that you don't have to talk with some annoying account manager on the website, last I played the account managers could bug easily and it was frustrating as hell, but I assume that's no problem today. In my opinion you should have a mix, let people create an account in the client if they want and let the others create it on the website. You could just have in-game account creation and use the website for information display if you wanted, don't remove the website completely though unless it's some kind of war server. Doesn't have to be this or that, mix them and make use of their advantages.

Last edited:
Well, ofcourse account managers are better since it's harder to get hacked and hacked at localhost etc.
But websites are nice too, since you can see the highscores and the news, and maybe some information about the server <as an example of in custom RPG servers>

Hmm Takes less then 1 min of your life to Do acc and char on account manager and website xD haha Who cares :p website rules !

Thanks evryone for voting and i will go website :)

If you want info about my server it will come in short.

Back